RCT Discussion / Roomies' Christmas Giveaway

• Roomie%s's Photo

Posted Image

Welcome to the Christmas Giveaway. As it is the time of good will and trying to figure out exactly what the girlfriend\wife is hinting at with all those post-it notes, I decided to run a little competition. I originally announced this as an RCT2 only competition but since then a few things have changed.

The Competition
    I want to keep this contest rather open.

- A Maximum Map Size of 1600 squares (40x40 or essentially 4 micro parks) in any shape you like.
    - You may build whatever you like however you like in either RCTLL or RCT2
    - Parks should have some sort of link to Christmas and the holidays.
    - Entries must be sent to me at rollerc@hotmail.com by Christmas Day.
    - 1 entry per person

The Prizes
    This is what you are here for isn't it? :)
    The prizes will work like this. There will be a pool of prizes from which the winners can select anything they wish.

And the big news is that Chris Sawyer himself has very kindly agreed to provide a signed copy of RCT2 for the winner of this competition.
    The prize structure will be as follows:

First Prize - The Signed Copy of RCT2 and any one thing from the pool
    Second and Third Prize - Any one thing from the prize pool

There will a Booby Prize handed out as well :p

Winners will be decided by a panel of 3 judges (yet to be picked) who have taken no part in the competition.

Prize Pool
    I don't want to announce the whole prize pool so as not to ruin the surprise. However prizes will include at least several Copies of the original RCT and LL and Several Roller Coaster books.

As it is Christmas if anyone wants to offer anything to the Prize Pool they will be graciously accepted. Dmaxsba has already very kindly offered 2 copies of RCT and LL to the pool.

I will continue to try and look for more good things to add to the prize pool so check back for updates as the prize structure may be adjusted slightly depending what i can find.

Workbenches
    Kumba RCT2 Workbench - Attached File  Realistic Christmas Bench_fix.zip (1.28MB)
    downloads: 202
    LL Workbench - Attached File  LL Christmas Bench.zip (52.18KB)
    downloads: 162

Notes:
    - Please don't let this take too much time away from your normal projects. NE will always need new accolade submissions
    - Have Fun, I don't want to see any arguing or bickering in this thread. It will be Christmas after all.
    - If you are in the final round of Kumba's MM contest please make sure you honor your duty there too :)
    - Thanks to Dmaxsba for offering copies of RCT\LL for the prize pool.

Attached Files

• dmaxsba%s's Photo
    Hope the RCT2 player that wins has a great time learning how to use the original RCT game(s) and sees just how easy and fun it really is to build parks with the old game.

RCT-LL was and still is an amazingly addicting game. :)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Yes, this is a great idea, especially for someone like me who doesnt have (or cant find) an copy of the original.

Im in!
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I could do with a copy..
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Interesting...just wondering, do you need Corkscrew Follies for LL to work?
  • dmaxsba%s's Photo
    ^ LL comes with CF (AA) included. ;)
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Can LL players/owners enter an RCT2 park just...because? Not to take away from the winners but simply to add more people to the contest?
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Interesting...just wondering, do you need Corkscrew Follies for LL to work?

As dmaxsba mentioned LL comes with CF\AA on the disc.

Can LL players/owners enter an RCT2 park just...because? Not to take away from the winners but simply to add more people to the contest?

This is something I anticipated people would want to do. And as it's christmas I can't really say no :)
    However if you do already have LL and want to enter I would ask you to forfiet your LL prize to the next highest entry.

I am currently trying to source some extra prizes for some additional catagories such as "most original entry" so even if you do have LL there may be some things to win anyway :)

I would however still like to keep this as RCT2 entries only.

PS: If you have any ideas for prizes or even have something you would like to offer as a prize yourself then please PM me.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Wow, do I start from the bottom and try to win LL or keep working on RCT2. I'm very very intrigued.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    This topic has been edited with new rules and new prizes.
    Happy Building :)
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    NO FUCKING WAY
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    wow :D
  • Levis%s's Photo
    okay, a contest where there is a price for originality and you can win a rct2 cd.
    sounds intresting. now I need to get an idea.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    If u win u don't HAVE to take the RCT 2 cd i guess :p
    But its kind of the point.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Holy fucking shit. I'm in!
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    How did you get a signed copy?!!?

"MFG"
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    lmao @ what this does to the rumors that Roomie is Chris Sawyer's secret NE account :p

Looks like an awesome contest and I am glad it gives the people who have not qualified for the Monthly Micros Championship something to do. The prizes are also pretty awesome, so much more creative than cash :lol:
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Hmm, if I do this, I'll have the MM and Happy Holidays, so I'll be making 3 holiday themed parks in one month. :p I have noticed that many unofficial or "non-NE" contests have been hosted this year.
  • That Guy%s's Photo

How did you get a signed copy?!!?

^
    And if you did meet him, I hope you mentioned all of us down at NE. But I'm totally starting on my entry now. :)
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Haha there are rumours im Chris? :p Well i'm not, but thats pretty funny.

I hope to get Some benches you guys can use if you choose uploaded tomorrow.

If this goes well I hope to make it a yearly thing although it might be tough to beat this prize. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading