100X100 = 18.6 objects per square
    150X150 = 7.7 objects per square
    180X180 = 5 objects per square
    200X200 = 3.9 objects per square
    256X256 = 2 objects per square

Large trees only take one, empty water space: none
    I think this is pretty accurate.

• Marshy%s's Photo
    I'm gonna need alot of water on my map then.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    You been doing some RCT2 work Fatha'? :!!:
  • postit%s's Photo
    Walls don't count as objects, right...?
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Well...you have to click the objects button to access the walls....
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Walls don't count as objects, right...?

they do, as do paths, rides/shops, small objects, large objects. The only exception are path items like benches and lamps. I don't know if there's a limit for those (probably, but large enough I guess) Also the basic information like the park name, entrance etc takes a few sprites, but it not that notable.

Every landtile takes one sprite so that means a larger map has a lower limit, but it also means that you have more surface to place less objects upon. If you plot this in graph then you'll see an huge drop in the limit if you take a larger map.

Anyway, I need to make a side note here. When I made this calculation I assumed that every object took exactly 1 sprite. I however don't know if this is exactly true or that it also depends if you can color the object and ground map. I know however that the 2X2 martian object takes 3 sprites.

Although my calculation might not be completely correct, I still think it's quite accurate.

200X200 is quite safe for most builders (even high detail is possible) and it should be kept as a guideline since it also takes a lot of time completing such a map.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    200^2 would be safe assuming you use some water. If you go crazy and don't bother with major bodies of water and throw in a hotel or two you could still hit the limit. Personally I perfer 140^2 or less maps because I can finish those. lol.

ride6
  • GuestGRIDE%s's Photo
    How do you know that this sprite limit is legit? Have you actually witnessed this sprite limit? The reason I'm asking is because I'm working on a 256-256 tile map park and this is extremely important in a park that size as you can imagine. Just be quiet about the park and forget all about it.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    ^ Euroscape, if I'm not mistaken.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo

You been doing some RCT2 work Fatha'?

Now what would give you that idea???

Tyandor, what do you think Toon's quarter tile scenery would count as??? 1 sprite?
  • cg?%s's Photo

How do you know that this sprite limit is legit? Have you actually witnessed this sprite limit? The reason I'm asking is because I'm working on a 256-256 tile map park and this is extremely important in a park that size as you can imagine. Just be quiet about the park and forget all about it.

Because people have reached it. Euroscape is definetly an example. Open it up, and try to build something. You can't! It's all filled up.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Tyandor, what do you think Toon's quarter tile scenery would count as??? 1 sprite?

yes. I've been trying out a bit with placing objects while using 8-cars to count the sprites and it's assumable that every object (excluding rides, path items and multi tile scenery) takes one sprite. I didn't check out rides and Multi tile, but I do know that multi tile takes more sprites although I don't know if that count for single tile MT objects. Path items don't count anyway.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    :bandit: http://www.rctd.ft6....bject Limit.xls :bandit:

left click = OPEN in browser

right click = Save target as...

this wil work for every map size ;)

PS. it's dutch... Grote map is 1 row of a park. if your map is a 78x78. the entry is 78
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

yes. I've been trying out a bit with placing objects while using 8-cars to count the sprites and it's assumable that every object (excluding rides, path items and multi tile scenery) takes one sprite. I didn't check out rides and Multi tile, but I do know that multi tile takes more sprites although I don't know if that count for single tile MT objects. Path items don't count anyway.

We hit the limit (several times) with NASCAR Experience and If I remember correctly, each ride track element DID count towards the limit. This included coasters, train/monorails, cars, ect.

I do find it strange that path elements did not count towards the limit though. When we built the park, I thought we were going to need to account from them but they were not a factor
  • tyandor%s's Photo

We hit the limit (several times) with NASCAR Experience and If I remember correctly, each ride track element DID count towards the limit.  This included coasters, train/monorails, cars, ect.

I do find it strange that path elements did not count towards the limit though.  When we built the park, I thought we were going to need to account from them but they were not a factor

I didn't say that rides pieces didn't count, I just don't know how many sprites it counts per track piece. Anyway, maybe path items don't count because maybe they are incorperated in the path sprite (a guess though)
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo

they do, as do paths, rides/shops, small objects, large objects. The only exception are path items like benches and lamps. I don't know if there's a limit for those (probably, but large enough I guess) Also the basic information like the park name, entrance etc takes a few sprites, but it not that notable.

Every landtile takes one sprite so that means a larger map has a lower limit, but it also means that you have more surface to place less objects upon. If you plot this in graph then you'll see an huge drop in the limit if you take a larger map.

Anyway, I need to make a side note here. When I made this calculation I assumed that every object took exactly 1 sprite. I however don't know if this is exactly true or that it also depends if you can color the object and ground map. I know however that the 2X2 martian object takes 3 sprites.

Although my calculation might not be completely correct, I still think it's quite accurate.

200X200 is quite safe for most builders (even high detail is possible) and it should be kept as a guideline since it also takes a lot of time completing such a map.

I hope not, you can never have enough "Rubbage Bins"
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    The reason "path additions" don't count towards that sprite limit is simple. Its the same reason why a single path will count as one sprite regardless of how many other paths connect to it (it changes the visual appearance of the path, though) A path with a certain path addition is just a change of that "sprite" or code, thus not taking up a new sprite.

A 2 by 2 martian object should be taking up 4 sprites though...
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    I've got a problem, in one of my parks [sw project] i've checked how many objects.
    i've used the trainer [8cars] and he said that i've used 70000 objects but i have build only 2 or 3 buildings.
    Is this a fault or are there some objects with more than 1 sprite ?

sorry for that bad english
  • tyandor%s's Photo

I've got a problem, in one of my parks [sw project] i've checked how many objects.
    i've used the trainer [8cars] and he said that i've used 70000  objects but i have build only 2 or 3 buildings.
    Is this a fault or are there some objects with more than 1 sprite ?

sorry for that bad english

What's your map size?
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    256x256

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading