General Chat / Good Ways to Stay Awake After an All-Nighter

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    ok so in the interest of completing a 30-page book report for History class I am pulling an all-nighter tonight. any advice on how to get through the day tomorrow?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    depends on your school schedule. if its just a bunch of bullshit you don't care about, sleep through the lesson. if you care about it though (which if you're like me, you don't), then try staying awake somehow. draw eyes on your eyelids while sleeping with your head up during class, i don't know. or just fake sick, mom will understand.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Surprising as it may sound, DON'T touch coffee in the morning - coz you'll end up totally slacking due to an extreme lack of energy at about midday.

Maybe try to eat something around 2-3am...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Shower at around 7-8ish. Cold shower.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Shower at around 7-8ish. Cold shower.

I'm not worried about staying up tonight, rather it's tomorrow that might be a problem.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    But it'll wake you up more for the morning.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    If you wouldn't have waited until the last minute to do your project, you wouldn't be in this predicament now would you?

jk
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Quite the procrastinator....

I would say that you are fucked, but that isn't going to help. So good luck.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Constant flow of caffeine. Too much of it will give you an upset stomach, so eat a lot in the morning, especially milk to settle it. Caffeine also dehydrates you, so drink a lot of water, or you'll get almost the same feeling as a hangover.

30 fucking pages? If its not a major part of the grade, I say fuck it. figure out your grade for the class, and do the least possible to get like a B.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Constant flow of caffeine.  Too much of it will give you an upset stomach, so eat a lot in the morning, especially milk to settle it.  Caffeine also dehydrates you, so drink a lot of water, or you'll get almost the same feeling as a hangover.

30 fucking pages?  If its not a major part of the grade, I say fuck it.  figure out your grade for the class, and do the least possible to get like a B.

I don't plan on doing anything outstanding. Just enough for a low grade.

anyway I think drinking a can of Mountain Dew at 90 minute intervals tomorrow (one before each class) should do the trick.

p.s. I'm not fucked. just in a bit of a tight squeeze. the glass is half full.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Yeah, the shower in the morning usually wakes me up. I also usually do it by drinking a lot of iced tea. I pulled an all nighter last Wednesday night. I'm usually pretty awake the following day as long as I don't have to sit in class (which is when I usually need to be awake...).
  • JJ%s's Photo
    um... yeah have a shower it keeps you awake, :yup: and also whenever i do it, i sleep on the bus and also sleep in crappy lessons :it:. anyways i'm off to bed now, night everyone :D

good luck ;)

:!!: maybe here, but i doubt it

click the smilie below

:0 <--- this smiley click him and read :devil:

(5:18 AM here) YAWN :|

nighty night :peace:

hope i helped :wub:
  • postit%s's Photo
    Hey, I'm not the only one fucked over tonight with a report. :D
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Same here.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    R-R-R-R-Red Bull.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    So lets hear how it went.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

R-R-R-R-Red Bull.

WINGS!

lol. Never had it... I would go with about a 20 ounce bottle of Mt. Dew every 3 hours, jog between classes etc. If you can keep your blood pumping at a reasonible rate you'll stay awake.

ride6
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Jog between classes? yes that would go well, jogging through the halls is always appreciated by students and teachers alike.

anyway, I functioned strangely well and felt very awake on only 4 hours sleep. I had a Dew at lunch and that was it. but I still have 50 more pages of Band of Brothers to summarize by tomorrow so its back to work now.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I wonder which was more draining: Staying up til 4am drinking then waking up at 7 to drive 5 hours to MiA stay for 6 hours and drive back, or writing a paper *shudders* all night and being able to spell your name the next day. For me, the latter... I hate writing.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I didn't mind because it was a book report on Band of Brothers (GREAT book mind you, read it and anything else Ambrose if you ever have to read anything about American history or WW2), and it was really simple work, just a great deal of it.

but now I'm done and it will be passed in in 6 hours. hah. its a celebration.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading