Ask the Experts / Kumba's Hack Tips

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Just change the crooked house mode back to the original track it was to make it visible again and build the section you're missing. The reason it is most likely crashing is because you have it set to boat hire mode, and if a train runs off of a track it will error trap the game, unlike powered launch which will just make the train blow up.

From now on, be careful when turning on zero clearance and dragging track over to build it, that's how you got the white glitch to begin with.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    This is prob the best place for this without having to start a new topic. I'm working on a design, and I've used 8cars to build over the ride station and connect custom supports to the track, but the damn thing won't stop glitching. Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to start back from square 1? I'd prefer not to as some terra forming takes place on the design.

Thanks,
    Dark_Horse
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    It's probably because of the version of 8cars you're using. The newer ones (eg 1.32) don't properly restore clearances so objects like multi-tile trees often glitch. You can fix it by restoring the clearances with an older version. 1.302 seems to work best. You should be able to find a link to download it somewhere in this forum.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Thanks for that Xophe. I was able to get 1.302 off of RCT Holland (thank google), and it fixed the glitches.

Dark_Horse
  • Cena%s's Photo
    http://www.rct-guide...c...&file_id=27

There you can download version 1.302 .

Edit, just a second to late :(

But now everyone else can use this link for downloading the correct version :)

Edited by Cena, 27 December 2008 - 08:11 AM.

• Jipalu%s's Photo
    I wanted to ask about how you get rides to work normally but with the ent and exit underground. How do you do it?

thx
  • Oneofakind0490%s's Photo
    I need help. I'm building a water coaster and at one point I want it to speed up by using the chain lift. I merge a new track and I set the chain speed to 40. The ride would only go 6mph when it reached the part with the chain. Now is there anyway I can get it to work?Help please. Thanks
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    ^the ride you merged will only respond to changes in the ride the train/car starts in.
    so, you will have to sort the ride out, possibly by changing the actual ride,
    and having sections of chainlift up the lift, as the train can only speed up by so much on one section of chainlift, it will travel up at that particular speed, not neccercerallallullally at 40 mph. hope this helps. pm/msn me if you need further help

Jipalu, do you mean peeps being able to board the ride?
  • Jipalu%s's Photo
    sssammy yes I do. A working ride and you don't have to put up with the annoying entrances and exits.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    For entrance/exit huts, if you want to learn, head over here and start reading up on how the game works and onto page 2 where it explains how. if you have questions, drop them in that topic. it's a bit tricky, but if you really want to know and are persistent enough, all the info you need is right there. good luck.
  • Oneofakind0490%s's Photo
    Thanks for the help SSSammy. Well that pretty much sucks but it will have to do.
  • Jipalu%s's Photo
    Thanks again geewhzz but I think that is way beyond me, I think I will just have to perceveir (or however you spell it)
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Is there anyway to make a vertical lift without having to winhack? just with 8cars or sob
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    yep, latest 8cars,

toggle chain

your welcome :)
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    is that in edit ride stats or somewhere else? are we talking 8cars 1.302?
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    The oldest one 1.32 i think, juat go edit ride options
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Can someone get me a working link for verson 1.32 or can i do this in 1.302 because I can't find toggle chain anywhere in rides edit menu
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    http://www.geocities.../zips/8cars.zip
  • nicman%s's Photo

This should be bumped, helped me with creating spare trains.

• Fluorineer%s's Photo

Hello guys. I'm trying to build a Maurer Söhne Spinning Coaster with a Gerstlauer Bobsled inspired layout, but also some funky elements like the Winja's Fear & Force Rides from Phantasialand Germany. My idea is to make a tiny launch (around 30 kph) right at the beginning into the first 270 degree helix before the actual lifthill, but whenever I try to do this via the acceleration-tracks from the looping or twister coaster, it breaks the rotation-effect from the rotating wild mouse cars. Also, it wouldn't be viable to do this element with an accelerated lifthill because the ride is going to have a normal lifthill as well which I don't want to operate at such a high speed. So I'm either looking for a way to use the acceleration-tracks without breaking the rotation-effect, or a way to use two different lifthill-speeds on one ride. Can anybody help out with that? Would be very grateful :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading