(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Disney Downunder

This topic hosts comments for 3 parks(View Parks)
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

Posted Image

Since the site seems to have that Disney attention right now, I though I would release my unfinished portions of the Disney Downunder project. This multi-mapped project was going to feature 7 maps (one dedicated to each area). I created two dedicated maps (Tomorrowland & Frontierland) and co-created the hotel/entrance map with RWadams.

As for the maps, I was happy with some of it but had planned to rebuild several areas of the Tomorrowland and Frontierland maps but never got around to it. oh well :(

Anyways, enjoy but please keep in mind that these are not finished nor will they be finished.

Edit - I forgot to add that RWadams created the "hub" that was to be used on all the lands
  • Highball%s's Photo
    I love your architecture, however in the both Frontierland and Tomorrowland it really felt kind of repetitive. It was great, but every structure was like "seen that before." I really thought your Space Mountain was awesome. It really harked back to the original concept art for Space Mountain where the outter structure was very freeform. Loved it. Both Big Thunder and Splash were only so-so imo. When I first saw Big Thunder, I thought it was the Western River Expedition. It looked almost exactly like the early concept art for the WRE!

I did get a big scare out of your park. I had my volume up b/c I was jammin to a song earlier so when I hit the "Open All" button your Rocket Rods entrance crashed and scared the beejeezus outta me! :lol:
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    Can't open because i miss an object. This is just for the Tomorrowland though.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I really liked the Tomorrowland map and loved Space Mountain. That style just fits you like a glove. The Frontierland map was a disappointment tho. Everything was layed out so square, the scenery selection was disappointing to me and the whole thing seemed too repetitive. Overall I feel that the map sizes were probably too large for what you guys were trying to accomplish. It's nice to see something from you though! Hope all is well.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    The missing object is most likely Amazing Earl's Space Mountain car, at least that's what it was for me...
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    I liked the Resort and loved TomorrowLand, but Frontierland stunk. I agree with Toon about everything being too square, and neither Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad did anything for me.
  • Rollercoaster FREAK%s's Photo
    The Tomorrowland and Resort maps were pretty good, but some of the rides didnt have names, like Star Tours. I did not like the Frontierland map at all. You covered BTMRR with those ugly pink rock, when you could have used some of those rock, and mostly landscape. Splashmountain didnt really catch my attention either.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Sorry to bump this but does anyone have the Tomorrowland or Frontierland maps from this old project that were released from this old project?

Thanks
  • dmaxsba%s's Photo
    Wish you luck on your quest, I wood really love to see them also. Bet they amazing!
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Actually, they have been located and will be getting them posted shortly.

Thanks

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading