RCT Discussion / Black tiles in LL

• Milo%s's Photo
    And you can hack paths in them so they're like open doors. :nod: Those are some good ideas.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Oooh do you think you could sink those oriental statue things (I always think they look like little dinosaurs but I actually don't know what they're meant to be) down into the land behind the door so that they'd be visible through the open doors? That'd be awesome theming for a gentle ride.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I think I tried that and it didn't work to well. The ghost train track covers it. I think you could put glass in there with an abstract sculpture though.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I always thought they were lions, but I don't really know why. They don't look much like lions. I hadn't actually thought of the open windows/doors trick before either but I feel like I should have. It's a pretty simple one. And definately would help to make a wall full of windows a little more lively.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    they look like dogs, to me.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    ^ ditto
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I always thought they were dogs too. Or some kind of dragon thing.

No updates until Wednesday :( . Sorry.

Edited by OLE, 02 August 2006 - 03:28 PM.

• Milo%s's Photo
    Update

I added two new things. One is saving maze designs (which mantis talked about) and the other is the other maze types and their uses (which Ge-Ride talked about). I'll add some tutorials for different things next week some time.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Awesome stuff. I'm really annoyed cos you're making me have all these cool ideas but I can't put them into practice!
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    Great work.

I’ve just given it a go, and you can clone the open windows with codex (just like banners). So you don’t have to keep building and opening the ride, just build path or whatever in the right place then drag & drop. Nice find.

Are the more tutorials in the pipeline? :clown:

df
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    i believe the idea for using the tops of the brick maze as "black" tiles has already been suggested and forgotten many many times over the past few years =)
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Well then let's thank OLE for refreshing everybody's memory.
  • Milo%s's Photo

i believe the idea for using the tops of the brick maze as "black" tiles has already been suggested and forgotten many many times over the past few years =)

Yeah, you're probably right. Now that I think about it, I think I did see something like it before. Can't remember where though. And now it won't be forgotten. :p

@darkfire
    I didn't think about the click and drag for the open windows. That's pretty cool. Can I add it to the tutorial?
    And I'll add some more stuff some time this weekend or next week.
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    Yeah sure

I don't know what you have planned for the next tutorials, and if they are complex to do. But for the my codex tutorials, I'm planning on creating flash demonstrations with wink.
    Wink's an app that takes screenshots of programs every time you click a mouse button or press a key and makes a slide show of them. You can then edit the slide show, add annotation and export it to a flash movie.
    This was my first go at making one for codex. (It’s just building random scenery and clicking each of the buttons in the map control to show what they do, don't expect something incredible to appear when it finishes :p. It’s also not annotated, the finished ones will be).

If you have some complex tutorials lined up then this might be of use to you too. So I thought I'd let you know :). (My motivation behind doing then for codex is that I think they're easier for people to follow than a mass of text.)

Regardless, I look forward to the new ones.
    df
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Hey that's a pretty cool way of doing tutorials except that was way too fast for me to follow lol. It's amazing watching what that the codex trainer can do though. Might see if I can give it a quick go at some point!
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Wow that's really cool. Thanks for showing me. I don't really have anything complex to do a turorial on now but if I ever do, I'll give that a try. :nod:
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    It would be a lot slower with annotation, there's a next button you click to continue after you read each note.
    Also, not being a real tutorial it was really painful to watch at 10fps.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    whoa thats awesome.

Great stuff guys. never even heard of codex lol. but cool none the less
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Well this isn't an update if you wanted one but there will hopefully be one soon. I have two minor things that I have yet to make the turtorials for but will some time.

And thanks Gutterflower if you were talking to me. :)

Edited by OLE, 23 August 2006 - 02:50 PM.

• Loopy%s's Photo
    I didnt know where to post this so i just decided to put it here. Well ive been having a play round with the codex and trying to create ( i dont know whether this has been done before or not) glass rooves or glass awnings.
    It is pretty simple to do with the codex trainer im just trying to see if theres a way to make better supports for them since the dodgems ones are pretty glitchy at the minute. If anyone wants to know how i did it il gladly post how.

Edited by Loopy, 07 September 2006 - 03:17 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading