RCT Discussion / 2 New Utilities for RCT 2 by Parkitect (aka ja227)

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Amen to that :]
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    manners are overrated.
  • zodiac%s's Photo

manners are overrated.

i agree to the fullest extent. :mantis: cheers.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    So, I registered, validated, etc...

It won't let me in the "Parkitects RCT2 Utilities" forum. What gives?

If you're this paranoid about vistors, you're never going to get anyone to use your site...

-ACE
  • jadedrac2%s's Photo
    ACEfanatic02, try again.
    The way the registration is set up an admin has to approve your account, which I have done.
    So you should have no trouble downloading now from "Parkitects RCT2 Utilities".
    As far as being paranoid about visitors, that's way off.
    All of our Hosted RCT2 and RCT3 designers downloads are available to everyone. We just prefer to keep our staff designers things available only to members who take the time to register, that's all.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

ACEfanatic02, try again.
    The way the registration is set up an admin has to approve your account, which I have done.
    So you should have no trouble downloading now from "Parkitects RCT2 Utilities".
    As far as being paranoid about visitors, that's way off.
    All of our Hosted RCT2 and RCT3 designers downloads are available to everyone. We just prefer to keep our staff designers things available only to members who take the time to register, that's all.

But there's no need for the whole long process of personal, individual validation....

Anyway, I've got what I need. Thanks.

-ACE
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    actually there is a reason behind that, if you notice all the spam post that is going on here.

by having Admin approval it weeds out the people that are actually real people and not just spam bots, its all a security measure
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    ^ I think it's a great idea, I just find it a bit annoying on forums like that waiting for approval. I guess it's not that big of a deal on your forum since you have a lot of active admins to approve accounts. But sometimes I see this setting turned on on a small board and I never get approved :[
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    just wait for the next version of the forum to come out, have some new features ready to go, should be 1 or 2 more weeks
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    both of these utilities have been updated.

Fixed the links in the first post.

Parkitect(ja227) has also updated the 8 cars trainer to 1.32

which also can be found at his website or

http://www.rctrevalu...?showtopic=7366

I will try to give support here, but your best options are to post in the threads there, so he can respond himself

:mantis:
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    It says I don't have enough posts to get it... how many do I need?

EDIT:

VVV Thanks!

Edited by CedarPoint6, 08 January 2007 - 01:05 PM.

• riven3d%s's Photo
    i will fix you settings
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I get the same error.
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    try now
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Thanks riven.
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    If anybody else at this site, needs permissions fixed just say so. Just bare in mind when I read the post is when I will do it. its best to shoot me a PM, as if im online im gonna get notice of the PM.

Edited by riven3d, 08 January 2007 - 04:36 PM.

• riven3d%s's Photo
    added link to newest version that will properlly import rides into your saved games
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    If anybody knows how to program you might be interested in this

SV426 Park Converter -- Source Code

This is an unfinished program I was working on. It was supposed to convert a RCT1 (SV4) park to a RCT2 park (SV6), but I've run into too many problems getting it to work, and decided to release the code to the public domain. Do whatever you want with the code. Hopefully you can make a successful converter out of it, or you can just use it for educational purposes. I'm done with it. I've got other things I want to do.

As is, it loads most things, but rides crash the game if you try to test them. I also had trouble adding banners. There is no interface or command line. You simply need to put a SV4, named "testsv4.sv4" in the same directory as the exe, and run the program. and the program with spit out a SV6 named "testsv6.sv6"

The source code, project files, etc. are for Microsoft Visual C++ 6 or compatible programs.

If anybody here is interested in finishing this project Im sure everyone would be a big fan of yours.

the quote above is what Parkitect (ja227) said.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Yeah, it would be an useful trainer. If someone someday could finish this... :p
  • Havingfun%s's Photo

Yeah, it would be an useful trainer. If someone someday could finish this... :p

Its not a Trainer. Its a Converter to make RCT 1 parks (saved games) work in RCT 2. You can read more by clicking the link in Riven3d`s post.

~Havingfun~

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading