Released / Lake Windermere Amusement Park

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Lake Windermere Amusement Park

Chapel has been around NE for a long time and is mainly noteable for H2H where in H2H3 he was a team captain and took part in a very nice jungle themed park with Steve, then more recently in H2H4 he give X250 a hand with Mamba Kilima which amazingly manged to beat the best park of the season as crazy as that sounds. Now Chaplez shows up with a nice solo effort, Lake Windermere Amusement Park.

Please post any comments you have.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    No replies yet? I thought the park was neat and the architecture was really good. The main issues I have are the incredible overtreeing and the location of the wooden coaster 'Timber Wolf" away from most of the exciting atmosphere. The inspirations are clear, in some cases a bit too clear, such as the white and blue buildings next to 'Blast' which drew obvious inspiration from Sea World Brisbane. All in all, I think that the architecture is mostly good, the coasters are pretty good but could be better, and the tree placement could use a little more work. Congratulations on the runner up.
  • X250%s's Photo
    One of the nicest entrances areas ive ever seen! Serious, the entrance area is stunning, the multi-colour tile roofs work perfectly and give it a nice busy atmosphere, and your use of canvas for the raised flat ride towards the back of the entrance was really impressive. Spitfire was cool, i loved the way you made a hangar as the station, and the way it did that weird pretzel loop thingy- i can imagine it would be good fun to ride. The wooden coaster was amazing aswell, had everything really... large first drop, sweeping cliffside turns, underground bits and the little bunny-hops under the lift hill- nice job on the station aswell. Congrats on the runner-up!

What i'd love to see... is for you to expand this park and finish off that red coaster under construction. =P

-X-
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Hmmmm... I seem to be missing an object: JAGIGLT/0055F509C68156B4. Any help would be great.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    It's the giga looper trains...

http://home.comcast...._thin_model.zip
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Thanks geewhzz. =)
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    well i'm happy with the park as it is seeing as there was no real plan to it but more of building as i wanted and enjoyed doing so.

here is a teaser for my new project which will be larger and a bit more structured at least for me.
    Posted Image
  • Milo%s's Photo
    This was a very enjoyable little park although the lack of direction really shows and detracts from the park a little imo. And it seems that the space could've been used a little better, especially for such a small park. But there was some great archy and atmosphere and some nice ideas in there so congrats on the Runner Up.

BTW the teaser looks nice.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I liked the park quite a bit. Although I didn't like Timber Wolf much, Spitfire was cool. Some areas of the park didn't stun me that much, but the entrance area was great.

The only thing I don't like about the teaser is the green brick supports. Maybe replace them with the uncolored bricks.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Im not goin to lie, but i tought the park was bigger and i was expecting more. I was a little dissapointed. The the arch was nice and the park was enjoyable though.
    -JDP
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    In the teaser screen, I HATE that green. But it works really well here, I love it. Looks classy.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Dispite the tini nature of this park I love it, as Chapelz already knows. The atmosphere created by the textures and colors choosen is wonderful. While I don't care for Timberwolf as a whole I love the return section with the bunny hops all buried in the structure, reminds me of Shivering Timbers and lots of good memories.

Spitfire was also an excellent (if a bit short) addition. The mix of element to create the atmosphere is amazing though. Same with the new screen too. You've got class in that department; it's almost like a cross between the dark undertones of Mala with the surface shimmer that Slob was so good at. I don't know how else to describe it, but if you keep at it (and that park your teasing at is full size) then you could have a spotlight in your future.

Ride6
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Never had a proper look at this park until now. It's a nice but weird park without many highlights, except for this absolutely beautiful little area:

Attached Image: windermere.PNG

Sadly we don't get to see stuff like this in realistic parks nowadays.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Never had a proper look at this park until now. It's a nice but weird park without many highlights, except for this absolutely beautiful little area:

Attached Image: windermere.PNG

Sadly we don't get to see stuff like this in realistic parks nowadays.

we still can and i think it would still be well received by the community, if turtle's screen ratings are to show. it's just now it has to be done to an extremely good level (e.g. turtle) for us to like it.