Ask the Experts / Hex Edit Tutorials

• PlaneFuriku%s's Photo

XXXXXXXX.dat
    The object and rides files are a very large part of rct2, in these files the data and the images of the objects and ride cars is stored. As you probably know you can edit these files with the ridemaker and object editor and landmark maker.

Does this mean we can edit the limit of how many coaster cars we can have on a coaster, as in raising the limit of corkscrew coaster cars allowed on coasters from 7 to 15? If so, what .dat files store corkscrew coaster cars?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    No, not with winhack, you can with the 8cars trainer. First click on Rides, 8 Cars per train, then edit ride stats, search your ride en change its values. Not always will this work.
    In the corkscrew .dat file are a outfile.bin, a pos.txt and a few thousand images. More about that is available on, http://ae.rctspace.com/. Good luck ith it.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Has anyone got a download for Winhack? I'm looking to learn how to fix black holes for my current park but need the trainer if anyone has it please :)
  • Levis%s's Photo
    what OS are you using. probally you can't use hex edit anymore. is sugest using cheat engine which is a lot more powerfull.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Currently using Win7 64bit. I was wondering if Winhack worked for it.

Generally I'm just looking to fix my park's black holes. So you suggest using Cheat Engine? Any advice about fixing black holes with that Levis?
  • Levis%s's Photo
    winhack wont work on any 64 bit system
    cheat engine is the same, you just need to know how to search for things. there is a tutorial in the program to get used with it.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    I gave this a go and didn't get far. I completed quite a few of the tutorials but then when it came to attempting to find a land tile next to the black hole I couldn't find it after spending quite a while looking. I just can't do hacking lol. Thanks anyway.
  • Sey%s's Photo
    Can someone re-upload either rct2sgm, RCTRLEdecode2.00b or both? That would be a great help.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    good luck with them.

Attached Files

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Since it's never mentioned here, can anyone explain how to move a ride hut to a different tile, as Gee mentioned in the "Hack like a WinHacker" topic? I assume that you could just find the hut, and copy the bits onto another object, and the object's bits onto the hut to swap them, but I'm not sure if it would be functional after that.

Edit: nevermind, read through Gee's whole thread and found a comment by dr dirt which basically confirmed my suspicion. I'll try it out and confirm for sure later.

• Levis%s's Photo

I dunno for sure anyore. I do know its possible. I think I remember you also need to change the coördinates in the ride data cause the entrace/exit has coörds there also for the peeps to go to after exiting. If they can't find the hut it will cause problems. But I dont know for sure anymore. Its to long ago I checked it. Best is to just try it, if it fails check the ridedata chunk from a coaster, move the entrace/exit 1 block with the editor and check the chunk again for changes, then you will find the coörds. I believe they where just 2 bytes (x and y) for the exit and 2 for the entrance.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading