RCT Discussion / The List #100-1

• Kumba%s's Photo

Park by: Iris and Co.
    Type: LL
    Release: Spotlight
    Best Coaster: Kentaur (13 coasters)
    Themed Areas: Sacred Grounds, End of Asgard, The Golden City, Egyptia, Dardania, Tartarus, Port Plunder, Elsgora, Incan Floodlands, Sunken Everest, Shark Reef, and Cold Water Beach
    Guest Appearances: Nevis (Phoenix: Wings of Fire/Shark Reef), Fatha' (Diamondhead Hotel), natelox (Ragnarok: Legend of the Deep/Shadow Paradise Hotel/Sunken Everest), x-sector (Cold Water Beach/Caribbean Bay Palace), vTd (Incan Floodlands), PyroPenguin (Port Plunder), Foozy (Kentaur), Evil WME (Elsgora), roomraider (Cronus), Harakiri (OctiSlide)

Posted Image

Description: A park that is generally talked about today only in conjunction with Foozy's terrain-abusing woodie "Kentaur" or as a footnote for being Iris' solo actually provides a great snapshot of an era when parkmaking was less about making a science out of theming and more about combining theming, rides and innovative ideas and having fun with it. Particularly in the first map, the theming is not so much incoherent as it is simply liberated from "you have to do this, you have to do that" ideals. Though Kentaur (a coaster with surprisingly sluggish pacing for a Foozy) is the focal point of the main map, a nice invert and a Roomie hypercoaster that doesn't give a crap about obeying any standards other than "is this a nice coaster to watch in game" are also to be found here. The collabo map will probably be more to the liking of modern tastes, boasting more visually pleasing theming and an assortment of crazy and imaginative rides - x-sector's "surfing coaster" and RRP's beautiful double-drop vertical boat ride are just the beginning. There is more than meets the eye in any given area of this map, so be sure to look again.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Ok how this will work is you post some feedback after a new ranking goes up. So like my feedback after #100 is that iris totally fixed the list to have his park make it even tho it really sucks :p

Just kidding, it was a great park, I loved Kentaur, the sunken shit, the hotels and RRP's lasy river with the huge ass crab was sick.

Lets get some more feedback/expectations/posts
  • Levis%s's Photo
    to bad I don't have LL installed because this sounds good and I should take some history lessons :p .
  • posix%s's Photo
    this feedback thing is not going to work. who gives a damn about those ancient parks anyway.
    just post the whole thing as it is.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I loved this park. Obviously Kentaur was good, but WME's hacked mine train was amazing.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

this feedback thing is not going to work. who gives a damn about those ancient parks anyway.
    just post the whole thing as it is.

Well getting iris to work is not esay, so he did everything expect the descriptions. So I have asked Panic to do them and so far I only have his for #100. I don't think we can do 100 right ups much faster then 1 per day and this way the excitement can build a little. Plus we can't just hand over all the goods at once :p

#99 will go up when I get the description from Panic... unless he gets lazy in which case I will do it myself unless that park is something I did ;)
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Um yeah... I always liked these maps... lots of creative ideas packed in. Not much more to say.
  • posix%s's Photo
    i honestly don't think you need write ups to begin with, but that's just me, i suppose ...
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

I loved this park. Obviously Kentaur was good, but WME's hacked mine train was amazing.

uhmmm... you mean the woodie with all the splashes in it? the theming is so outdated. It's nostalgic, albeit somewhat embarrasing...
  • Comet%s's Photo

i honestly don't think you need write ups to begin with, but that's just me, i suppose ...

Yeah...I agree.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    You know what, you guys are right. Unless iris did them, I don't see the point coz it's his list.

I'll add 99-91 tomorrow to get things rolling...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Ok, I added a bunch more :)

I really expected WOE to place much higher and RMM to place a bit higher. I was surprised hen I saw that Lumbini point made.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    wow, indeed, must be one heck of a list if WOE is up already :o

SF
  • posix%s's Photo
    iris could never appreciate true realistic style parkmaking. that's why.
    arbitrariness ...
  • iris%s's Photo
    awww..posix still has his crush on me.

I liked WOE a lot...it was a cool, realistic show of what RCT2 could do IMO. The waterpark was brilliant and most of the hacks in the park were ingenius, but when making this list and looking back on the park, I just didn't quite like it quite as much as when I first opened it. Oh well.
  • posix%s's Photo
    :hottie:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    #92-85 Added :nod:
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I'm dissapointed to see there's no write ups? Surely that wouldn't take very long.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    I agree with Turtle, the write-ups are what gets me to dust off my RCT1 disk and re-visit these old parks.

Also, are the H2H3 pages still working? I wanted to re-download Voodoo Loas, I seem to have misplaced my copy...

Edited by ride_exchanger, 15 September 2007 - 07:37 AM.

• Kumba%s's Photo

I'm dissapointed to see there's no write ups? Surely that wouldn't take very long.

Actully it really was and would have ment you only get like 1 every few days. I had Pnic doing them coz iris did not want to and I really can't ask anyone else to because they make the list themselves.

If anyone wants to do them let me know, maybe with two or three people it could get done. Also I did ask iris if it was ok having them go up without them and we agreed it was because it's really just about comparing parks as compared to reviewing them.

oh and wtf Shadowland being only #86 and I was surprised to see IoE this soon.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading