News / New NE Release Paradigm

• spartan%s's Photo
    I like this new system. Its more of a group decision then just one persons opinion of the park, which also effectively helps to stop the complaining if someone didn't get the accolade that they thought it deserved because one person didn't like it.
    The new rankings are also helpful as it could be confusing as to which is better between getting runner-up or blockbuster ect.

I also like the graph showing the score a submission got. very helpful for other to see how good a park was or help the maker see how they scrored.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Well, it sounds to me like a lot of time and effort was put into the new accolade system. Incredible work by the managment--and anyone else that was involved--for creating such an interestingly complex system. I'm sure that once some parks are released, it will all become crystal clear.

I have one question though: Will older releases be re-evaluated to fit into the new sytem? It sounds to me like Blockbuster and RU are out, and the new bronze, silver, etc. system is in.

And while it's on my mind, wouldn't the new system declassify Pleasure Point as a CC? Seeing as how it was a "mini" park, that would mean it would now fall under the jurisdiction of the medal system. Just curious, I suppose.

But great job on the new system. It's nice to see that NE is still moving foreward. :kumbasgreen:

EDIT: BTW, I just checked out Kumba's Heated over at Avenged. Great job on that, Kumba! But since there isn't a size limit on medal accolades--excluding Spotlight--can I turn in a totally awesome micro and have it judged like a Spotlight? Or would that be considered a CC?

Edited by Xin, 25 August 2008 - 08:33 PM.

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Well I've got more evidence to support my point, but it's far too off topic to be of much use to this discussion. On a different more important note, how about a system to categorize works based on size along with the medals system from micro, to mini, medium sized, full sized, and multi-map? This would, of course be for the concept creations and the parks as the designs are quite limited in potential scale due to the ride statistics. Personally, I think that concept creations should be able to count for spotlight, provided that they're large enough and have enough attractions as well as a fully thought out system to allow for guests. If somebody wants to make a full sized water park or world fair, I say that should be considered for spotlight just as much as any regular theme park to honor the creativity and versatility of the creator. I don't know whether you're debating on this particular point in the hidden forums, but these are my thoughts on the matter.
  • 7Thumbs%s's Photo
    Now. How do you become A accolade Panelist?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    From time to time, when there are a few spots open, the admins, Posix and Geewhzz make an announcement on the board, with that they are looking for new people to be panellist or to be in the preparation group. Then you can reply and if they think you are suitable for the task, they will give you the rights/permission to view those areas of the website.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    ...and they will only make you a panelist if you've proved that you're a good critic.
  • 7Thumbs%s's Photo

From time to time, when there are a few spots open, the admins, Posix and Geewhzz make an announcement on the board, with that they are looking for new people to be panellist or to be in the preparation group. Then you can reply and if they think you are suitable for the task, they will give you the rights/permission to view those areas of the website.

Thanks
  • 7Thumbs%s's Photo

...and they will only make you a panelist if you've proved that you're a good critic.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading