Contests / The Next Contest

• J K%s's Photo
    Hurricanes always ftw!
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    you know it! haha
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I still think Whzzkids own the title of best team IMO I even doubt if Tim Burton would've won if they'd finished their finals entry even if TB was freakin awesome because they literally blew anything out of the water untill they had to forfeit...
  • J K%s's Photo
    Consistency always shines through.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    The Elementalists were very

...oh wait...

...yeah nvm...
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

I still think Whzzkids own the title of best team IMO I even doubt if Tim Burton would've won if they'd finished their finals entry even if TB was freakin awesome because they literally blew anything out of the water untill they had to forfeit...

i must disagree there. tim burton was sensational and even if the whzzkids won, they wouldn't have been "blown out of the water"
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    @J K: where did they lose the part of being consistent really, just because they lost half a park because of an ET doesn't win the unbroken win streak up till then didn't mean anything... I think they performed extremely consistent and winning every round untill they had to forfeit through an error in the park wich shut down their entire operation.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I think that was one of the few problems with the last contest; the fact that one of the best functioning teams of any H2H could be affected so harshly because the final was a one shot deal. Granted, it made a lot sense early on to cut the finals down so the contest didn't potentially end in a long drawn out death rattle. If another contest happens I hope the structure of the finals is something pos and gee take into account, though. Best of Three is still a little iffy to me. I actually had the thought of some sort of matchbreak setup for the final so if the vote is really close (as it's likely to be) then another match would be scheduled if the percentage between the two parks isn't higher than say, 10% or so. In the second match the team that won the first would have advantage and the way to win is by getting X amount of votes or X percent ahead (these numbers being slightly lower and easier to achieve for the team who won the first match). It's a little convoluted and would be a bitch to plan for but you get the idea.

Oh, and if there is another team contest I'm staying out of it and will instead break out the popcorn and play sports writer :mantis: :popcorn:
  • Gwazi%s's Photo

Oh, and if there is another team contest I'm staying out of it and will instead break out the popcorn and play sports writer :mantis: :popcorn:

i love your write-ups so as much as i'd love to see your work again i can't say i don't like the idea. ;D
  • Levis%s's Photo

The Elementalists were very

...oh wait...

...yeah nvm...

awesome is the word you are looking for :p ?
    Altough we didn't made it to the finals I dont think we preformed bad or something like that :batman: .
  • J K%s's Photo

I think they performed extremely consistent and winning every round untill they had to forfeit through an error in the park wich shut down their entire operation.

Theres your answer.

The Hurricanes were ready for anything and we brought it with TIM, simple as. To sum it up, I really, really respect all of the elementalist's parks. To show up with all fantasy parks still amazes me. Hurricanes and elementalist's are the top teams for me easily.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Yeah, and people are acting as if our team wasn't consistent. Our only losses were to two of the season's greatest parks, Belmont and Park Asterix. We also didn't turn in an unfinished park and had no forfeits/DQs. I'd say that's pretty fucking consistent if you ask me. I do think the Whzz Kids had extremely high quality parks for each round, but the Big Three (SWS, Belmont, Lenox) were a hell of a lot better than the three others released, even those are quite good as well. I think the Whzz Kids had the highest highs, but their lows were a lot lower than those highs, which isn't necessarily the most consistent. Our team kept a level of good quality throughout the competition. Our season parks weren't legendary like the Big Three, but maintained a similar level of detail and quality. Our post-season parks were steps up from our season parks, but I feel that the quality we met through the season was more consistent than the Whzz Kids. I'm not saying our parks were better; I'm just saying that all of our parks exhibited similar levels of quality rather than a few being huge steps up from the others.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    seems like people are fired up. Kinda hoping there's another team contest soon :lol:

and no Leo we didn't do bad and displayed a lot of balls imo. It just got kinda tiresome that almost everything we put out had to have a gigantic shitstorm to go along with it.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Maybe we need a rematch :D

Edit: should say "you" since I wasnt around. soo...

Maybe you need a rematch :D
  • Gwazi%s's Photo

seems like people are fired up. Kinda hoping there's another team contest soon :lol:

and no Leo we didn't do bad and displayed a lot of balls imo. It just got kinda tiresome that almost everything we put out had to have a gigantic shitstorm to go along with it.

sorry...

i actually reread the topic for Art of War and World Showcase earlier today, and i was pretty out of line. i think it was a slight mix of anxiety over my first appearance in H2H and also that my cousin was recently deployed to Afghanistan around that time, i believe, so i was kind of "anti-war" at the time if you know what i mean. i regret stirring up all the controversy, as your park really wasn't that "celebratory" of war like i had said.

i still think i had a point but i think i exaggerated it way too much, and that it wasn't anything to stress about for more than a second or two. my apologies.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading