Contests / The Next Contest

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Na, then the voting would be totally bias.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    k... this version of H2H will be open to everyone, even people who are not drafted...

The basic idea is there are two main teams captained by myself and Fatha' (most likely as we are former admins out for revenge... maybe in that case we could see if Cork is up for it?) we would also have a co-captain (I want Dave smile.gif or Xcoaster...) thats in charge of the second team, or "B squad" (each squad has 10 players). There will be 5 matches in the season with three parks to vote on, one from each team and a submitted park from parkmaker who are not on a team (in the likely case there is more then 1 park submitted they will face off a week before the main deadline each H2H week at their 1 week early due date. When a pair wins they earn the right to access the "third team" forum and work on a playoff/finals park. A certain combo can only go once.)

The biggest change in this whole thing will be the playoff/championship format which will see larger map sizes (60x60 and 70x70 rather then the 50x50 allowed during the season) and the fact that their will be no limit on how many parkmakers work on each.

*Waits for this to get deleted* :|
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Park Wars vintage 2002 FTMFW!
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    ^We tried that but it didnt really work. Didnt help that RRP dissapeared.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Yeah, I wasn't really serious about it... I remember working with NitrousOxide on the rules & points system for the first one before he handed the control over to iris.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Hi-Rollers please.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    How many people do you actually participate in a High-Rollers?

I mean look at PT3, half the people who play qualified and we probably got less than 10 entries.

I know thats not everyone, but it anyone had really wanted to get in, they just had to make a petting zoo or mine train or anything like that. And we had a total of 3 prelim submissions for those.

It seems some kind of team tournament, even if it ends up differently than H2H, would be the logical next step. There seemed to be some questioning over whether this was the "correct" way to play the game, but i disagree. It seems however you can have fun playing rct is the correct way.

...and 500th post :party:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Think about it guys... MM and the PT3, everyone is doing solo work. imo it's time to works with other parkmakers, to me thats fun and why I don't do "solo" work anymore.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    h2h please.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    If we do H2H, it definitely has to be smaller. Smaller teams, smaller maps, etc. I think the PT3 turnout justifies this, as we probably didn't have very many entries. Small things are easier to work with anyway.

Which makes me want another MM. It's small, it's quick, it's easy. A perfect little contest to occupy some of the less active players over the winter.

I do live trav's idea, though. The better your score, the more stuff you get to work with.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    RCT3 H2H please. :nod: :p

Edited by MF72 , 07 September 2008 - 09:35 AM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    no
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    lmao.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    not gonna happen
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    I was joking. notice the :p smiley?
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    i didn't say you weren't
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Oh, Ok. I know it won't happen, although I do wish someplace had one.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    then make one.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Yeah, and have like what...3 people sign up?
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Nah, probably more like 2.

And yeah I'm definitely up for your idea Kumba. I think you should start sign-ups about one week after the final PT park is released then keep that open a full week and then jump right into it if there is enough activity so that activivty is not lost.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading