Ask the Experts / Hack Like a 'WinHacker'

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    Ah thanks, that seems easy.

Whats a shoestring?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    A way to seperate the cars from one train. Then you have on track under ground and one above. In Lenox Mall and in Belmont Shores Geewhzz used that. (Belmont: Carroussel, Lenox: Tower ride and the ride that does the vertical circles (don't know the names))
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    So basically that cars that were speeding around underground, interesting. I know im annoying but how do you do it?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Try it first yourself, If I or anyone else is gonna tell it all, you don't learn anything. (I would suggest you to take a look at Lord Straken: Tael Riverine by Levis) Maybe you can find there more info on how to do it :). (Lenox/Belmont is possible but harder because it is underground)
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    So itls like the batman hack you did before?
    I'll get buildng then.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    well the trick is easy to understand. you need to have two track. on 1 track a piece of the train has to ride with a station on it. on the other track the rest of the train has to run. when the piece reach the station everything will stop. if you make use of a dummy station you can place the entrance and exit where ever you want.
    doing this is harder, but with some practice I think you can figure it out yourself. if you want the tut about the dummy station you have to ask cena, I believe he has it. its in the elementalists subforum but I need to revise it so thats why it isn't public.
  • zburns999%s's Photo

Try it first yourself, If I or anyone else is gonna tell it all, you don't learn anything.

I love this attitude...

I can not understand for the life of me why people would want to keep cool hacks a secret. If you're lucky enough to understand how this game works (75% of us have no clue other than a few basics), then I would imagine it would be really cool to enlighten others with your knowledge, which is what Gee has done with this thread. People wonder why so few parks of decent quality are released on this site. Imagine if people viewed custom scenery the same way. What if toon had said, "I don't want you to use my new, revolutionary support pieces. I want you to make your own so you can learn how to do it rather than me just giving them to you." I'm sure it's really cool for toon to see his pices being used in almost every release now, just as I imagine it would be a form of flattery by seeing a hack you invented used in everyone elses' parks. It takes nothing away from you, so why care?

Okay, so onto the reason I wanted to post in this thread. Sam, I tried to do what you said, and it worked...for a minute. Then I realized I raised the support blocker along with the scenery piece, thus making everything above that scenery piece invisible. I'm still having trouble understanding how all of this works, so if someone could explain, that would be great.

EDIT: Got it to work now. Sick. Don't know what I did wrong before, but it probably had something to do with the support blocker over the exit.

Edited by zburns999, 03 August 2009 - 03:23 PM.

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    Thats what i was thinking but insted of being an asshole i was nice but now...

Why the hell shouldn't you just give us a couple of tips and be nice for once? Your telling us that we should go out their and try, after about 2 hours i still had no clue what i was doing, Levis helped me out a bit but i still didn't get anywhere. Whats the point of not telling anyone? You dont want people to be as good as you, or maybe you want to be the best hacker on the site? Then theirs asking questions, i don't like giving my msn to people that i haven't seen in real life so i wont, so i have to ask questions here. And isn't it good to ask questions because then you help someone out, i know i fell glad when i help someone with a simple task like merging.

Come on Cena, feel the love.
    :)

Edited by Goliath123, 03 August 2009 - 03:21 PM.

• Cena%s's Photo
    I can understand your opinion and the one from others. But when you learn something. You have to do it step by step.

In the class you get the info for the first paragraph of the chapter from your teacher, after that you have to try to solve your questions on your own. Then you are learning something, otherwise you aren't learning but just copying.

How do you think I learned what I know? It is due to a couple of things.

I know Levis now for more then a year and he learned me some basics and I read tutorials from him and others. When you know the basics and know how to apply them, then you can go further with learning.

Levis has said several times to me on msn when I had an idea and I asked him how to do it. He said, try it yourself first. After that I can help. Well, Then I started trying and sometimes asking Levis after was not necessary anymore because it worked after several attempts.

Well now Goliath123.
    You just can make a new hotmail account and you can use that for msn or anything. (for example: rctgoliath123@hotmail.com)

Then you ask some people who you think that they are good at hacking, if they have time and want to help you out with giving tips etc.

When those people have the time and want to help you, you add them on AIM or MSN. And then you can ask questions etc.

But my advice for you is: Start with little things first. Don't try to do the most difficult hack first. Just start with learning simple tricks etc, after that, you can start with a bit more difficult tricks and so on.

Oh btw, you can add me on msn for advice on hacks btw. I don't always time but okay.

Oh and I do feel the love, from my girlfriend to be precise ;) .

End of my message.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    ^Cena, I understand what you are saying but try to see it this way...

Years ago, with the release of the first capable RCT trainer, somebody figured out track merging. I'm sure others figured it out who understood how the game and trainers work, but a lot of people probably didn't pick up on it at first (I'm using track merging as a hypothetical example. For all I know it was really obvious at first, but whatever, you get the point). Somebody who didn't get it asked someone who did. Someone else who didn't understand it asked the person who just learned it. Someone else who doesn't understand it asks that person, and so on and so forth. Now, track merging is basically common knowledge. People just picking up the game can find tutorials on line, and don't even need to ask.

Cena, I feel like your trying to play the teacher, which is nice, but don't forget that this is the internet. Things get lost in translation, and not much makes sense. For instance, I have no clue what you guys were trying to tell Goliath123 before, and that's what you considered your hint. And I also kind of get the impression that as people who know hacking well, you don't feel like explaining it to people who didn't put the same work into understanding it as you have. That's fine, but do realize that you don't need to tell many people before you're not going to be bothered with it anymore. How else do you think hacks become common knowledge. Hell, I never understood custom rides back in the day. I'm pretty sure Sam (ramsam) explained it to me...and guess what? He learned it from Gee. I never understood track merging either, until I learned it from Vekoma9, a guy from RCPro. See, things get around, and the more widely circulated they are, the better. This way things become common knowledge, and people build better parks in general.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I don't have time yet to improve these but I think they could help, just some more tricks which are tought to be done by winhack but actually aren't:

First lower the land to where you want the exit and entrace to be:
    Posted Image
    now build the ride on that land and place the entrance and exit where you want them:
    Posted Image
    Go to 8cars trainer->misc->object manipulation and raise the ride:
    Posted Image
    now you can raise the land under it again (just with the land move, you dont need zero clearence or so)
    Posted Image
    now open the ride and connect the path and you will see it works:
    Posted Image

This trick works with coaster also, but a coaster station can't be raised by the 8cars trainer in any way. it can be with the sob trainer, but that does screw something up. You can do it by Hex editing. I will try to find a way to do it without hex but dont know if that is going to work

Number 2

This might be the most usefull hack I've ever found.... this hack has so many applications.
    I will try to show you most of them.
    Let's say we have a coaster:
    Posted Image
    but the station is to short to have many trains on it. and I dont want the entrance and exit to be on this height, but somewhere else.
    If you want to have realistic stats at the end, test your coaster first and write down the stats.
    What we are going to do now is use a "Dummy Track". We build a track which goes TROUGH the coaster at one point.
    Posted Image
    There are some requirements to the place where they meet:

- at least 2 track pieces have to be the same
    - the tracks must be in opposide direction
    - the trains must have a speed at this point

if you meet these requirements you can test the "Dummy Track" now. you will see the cars go over the track untill they come to the meeting place. there they change direction and folow the normal track:
    Posted Image

now you see why I made the "dummy track" a whole circuit. I don't have to do any hacking. because I had a long station I have more cars already and the peeps will use the station from the dummy track to board. so I've done everything I want already.
    now if you dont mind that the ratings in your park are screwed up and you dont mind peeps dont boarding your ride you can use the crooked house methode to make your dummy ride invisible:

Posted Image

but probally you want this hack cause your park is peepable. so now we have to do a little hacking to make it look good.
    At least I dont like it when a coaster track goes trough my normal coaster. Luckly there is a simple solution to this. we just lower it underground:

Posted Image

now you will see there is only a station left:

Posted Image

I could remove this one also with the SOB trainer (by placing objects above it during special building mode and sink them), but this is very buggy. Personally I prefer to use theming to mask this station or else I use hex editing to lower it.
    But there is still one problem. peeps wont enter the ride that much cause the stats are still fucked up:

Posted Image

rct2 always checks the stats on the first run. and your first run is from the dummy station to the normal station. but the excitment is calculated in the seccond run. and cause this run is so much diffrent it can't display the Excitment rating. if you place the dummy station close to the normal station and your dummy track is very short sometimes rct2 will recalculate the stats the seccond time and fix it self. but often it wont. luckly we have a simple solution to it.
    Remember I asked you to write down the stats at the start if you wanted realistic stats. wel thats because we are going to use them here.
    We are going to use the SOB trainer now.
    go to SOB -> Rides -> Modify Ride Options and find your ride.
    Cause rct2 isn't able to get the Excitment value we are able to fill in everything we want here.

Posted Image

So if you wrote down the stats you can change them in the options menu. else take what you want. On a normal ride rct2 would recalculate the stats and remove the changes made by the SOB, but because rct2 isn't able to recalculate them your stats will be save and work, also after reloading the game.
    So now everything is fixed and the peeps will enter your ride trough the dummy entrance and exit and you have more cars on your coaster. Another advantage is you can use the raised chain speed now without your ride breaking down that much. cause the trains wont go over the chain of your dummy track but over the chains of another coaster (which is closed so can't break down).
    I hope this gave you some insight in the most import hack there is ;) .

• zburns999%s's Photo
    Ahh, very nice Levis. That first one especially should come in handy often. Thanks a lot man.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    you don't have to build the tracks in opposite directions just merge it like normal and it will work fine.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    in this way you can keep contiues circuit which has some advantages. for example you could still use synching and multiple stations.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Geewhzz but its easier to build in reverse because you dont have to lower, colour etc, and you dont get the white glitches
  • Levis%s's Photo
    maybe the people less experienced with hacking could say here which things they are missing or what isn't clear so gweehzz me darren cena or mark could add/change/make things to help
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    I'd like to know how a round station for rapid rides is possible?
    I guess you need to move the entrance a bit and build the station after the round station, or am I wrong?

"MFG"
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    I always do it like this, for me its the easiest way. ;)
    - build two tiles station and the rest of the track
    - make entrance/exit invisible
    - theme it
    - make the track invisible

=> peepable, but only 2 cars.

If you dont want it peepable, you can add more cars with a dummy track.

If you want it peepable, you can build the maintrack without station.
    Then you've to put the dummy-station over the maintrack, where you want to have
    the station.

I hope you understand my bad english xD

Thats how it looks with the first method:
    Posted Image
    (station is invisible now)

Yannik

Edited by Turbin3, 06 August 2009 - 05:39 AM.

• Levis%s's Photo

3 questions:
    1. When you lower the support blocker do you lower it to any height you want or do you lower it under the entrance and exit huts?
    2. If you make a base invisible why does the ride it self not invisible? I mean, if you raise uop the 9 squares wouldn't that delete the ride itself or am i missing something here?
    3. For the no entry signs do you raise the land the the banner is on or the path its blocking?
    Thanks for this! No ofeence leo but this is much easier.

2) you need to understand the differce between sprites and mapdata. the mapdata are the ones we change, they say where differend things are etc. now there are also sprites. they are the things that move like peeps and cars. also flatride cars count, the car is the image stored in the dat. now if you make rct2 think the base is removed but the sprite isn't it still works. keep in mind that animated object don't count as sprites, they can't move only change state.

and no problem, when I made the tuts the 1.32 wasn't even released. its made because of the tuts. so its naturally you use the trainer. but when you go more complex you will find its not always possible with the trainer.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Great tutorials guys,ill be putting use to these.I didnt realise that the last one levis posted was possible.You could use this in theory as a teleport across the map im guessing

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading