Music Forum / Music Dump Place

• gir%s's Photo
    I suppose enough people like music and maybe just have random things they'd like to share. Well, I do anyways. Now I should tell you that I am by no means an aspiring musician, I've had no lessons, and I just have some free time every now and then and sometimes I pick up a guitar and sometimes it sounds okay (to me). I should also tell you that this guitar is a piece of shit, and is in fact missing its B string. It's an awful combination, I know!

Attached File  20090829.mp3 (1.55MB)
    downloads: 405

Okay, so it kind of falls apart at the end. :( Maybe next time I pick up a guitar I'll try to improve it or whatever, but I hope at least some people find this thread a useful or interesting idea.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    awesome idea, ill take a listen and post something i recorded last night. woo sleep deprivation.
  • posix%s's Photo
    one link or attachment to copyrighted material and this topic is gone.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    sorry posix?
    what do you mean?
    [/moron]
  • posix%s's Photo
    if you only post your own stuff you've recorded then it's okay.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i have 15. ill upload 5 now. maybe 5 later.

some of you may have heard some of these before.
    i have a pretty quirky style of writing and playing and if you dont like it youre an infidel.

only joshing *laughs heartily*

Hypnosis was recoded at 2 o clock saturday morning so there are some stupid mistakes but im stupid and a mistake so im not concerened.

take a listen if you please.

Attached Files

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    gir, tuning is youre friend :lol:

otherwise the chromatics threw me off slightly and im a huge chromatics fanatic :lol:
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Probably the best thing I've done, still not close to finished. Some sort of atmospheric experimental metal.
    Vivid Illusion
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    http://www.purevolum...orandSatellites

just started this about yesterday afternoon.

had to ghetto rig my recording setup, but i managed to make it work.

oh, and i doubt many of you guys will know this song, but maybe a few of you might;]
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    posix just a clarification: you're talking about for download, right? like if you wanted to dump a link to a really cool music video you found on YouTube that'd be okay i'm guessing?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I just wrote two intros today. They're copyright by me. Don't you use them in any way, Chuck Norris is watching you ^^

• inVersed%s's Photo
    Ok here's the first completed song from my second hip-hop album, Purgatory. It's titled "Stranger". Its kind of my take on the frustration that is created when relationships fail because of how people's perceptions toward each other change as time goes on. I am happy with how it turned out mainly because the sound quality is much better than my older stuff. The song shows me changing my rap style a bit away from my usual metaphor flooded flow and dark lyrics, and instead becoming more up front about what I am discussing. I am not completely sure on this change up for the rest of the album because it sounds a bit immature compared to my usual stuff. Still there are some pretty quality rhyming in it IMO, especially the line "Its absurd that I've become infatuated at the fact you hated"

The guys that made the instrumental, 2Deep and Anno Domini, did a great job with this song a deserve a lot of the credit.

I know you guys arent that big on the hip hop thing but I still would love to hear what you think

Attached Files

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    http://www.purevolume.com/InCities

its called Evaporate

yet, another song dumped on this purevolume;]

this is actually quite an old song that my friend armando and i made for our girlfriends at the time.
    its very electronica-ish and melodic actually.

while my recording quality is much better now, i still think that this came out pretty decent.

also, if anyones interested, i've been working on some electropop type stuff lately. quite similar to owl city, but a bit more chill and not as peppy lol.
    should be finishing up and posting some tracks online in the coming weeks:]
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    not exactly mine, but a good friend's youtube channel.
    especially "miss fatty" is pretty good imho.

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/eeGvay4ffoI
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Not the best singer in the world, but....

Myspace The Forever preview is probably my better singing. I wrote both songs btw.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    Echos

1 Clean Bass
    1 GT Pad guitar.
    the end.

Attached Files

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Thought I'd share this.
    My friend Andy's band recorded a new album recently and made a great little Lego Western themed video for the first single

http://www.youtube.c...layer_embedded#

Not a bad song IMO and everyone loves Lego.. on to a winner :p
  • gir%s's Photo
    ahah that was awesome :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Ok here's the first completed song from my second hip-hop album, Purgatory. It's titled "Stranger".

I know you guys arent that big on the hip hop thing but I still would love to hear what you think.

I actually quite liked it. The only thing I could say is that the verses seem really seperate from the chorus if you get what I mean, they don't really blend.

But yeah, good job. I'd certainly listen to this music on a regular basis.

Edit: Oh and Roomie, that Andy is awesome. So good. Shame I missed his gig in Brighton.

Edited by Louis!, 02 November 2009 - 01:51 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading