Music Forum / Music Dump Place

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey Louis.
    yeah Ive seen Atlum Schema a few times live. When he does the whole gig on his own without a band (recording loops on various instruments and beat boxing) he can really get a whole venue to just shut up and watch. its pretty impressive.

However as much as I love his music I cant really see it being that marketable to the masses. But you never know :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I don't know, after listening to both of his albums whilst they wont appeal to everyone, there are one or two songs that could. Gunfight at the O.K. Corral is definately the best song from both albums (well I think so) and it's pretty catchy. That's the song that would most likely appeal to more people.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey
    Yeah. While Gunfight isn't my favorite track (that falls to "End Of A City" off the EP) it is certainly the most likely to appeal to others.

He does have a certain knack for a catchy track. There's a lot of songs on the first album that can get your foot tapping.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    hey.
    i had an operation, and i have to keep off my feet so i occupied myself by recording this.
    the first time ive done vocals, and im unsure on how good they are.
    i would adore to hear what you guys think, especially if its to say "never sing again"
    i wouldnt want to embarrass myself would i.
    here you go

Attached Files

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    http://www.myspace.c...ingthedreamerfl

i recorded this the other day.

havent really worked on the profile much yet.
    i'm waiting for some more music, and a decent layout and pictures.

but this was my first time recording an acoustic song with my new protools setup.
    other than my horrible singing, i think the overall mix is decent.

any comments are greatly appreciated!
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    In:Cities: good stuff. All the vocals were passable, if not good, and the mix were quite worthwhile.

SSSammy, sorry for not giving you feedback before, it's not bad. Vocals are a bit off in places but it sounds like the kind of issues that work themselves out over time if you keep working at it and recording yourself. The distortion used on the vocals were a bit of a bad call, no matter what it's from.... probably either digital or preamp clipping? But still a great start and I appreciate the amount of effort that went into the production with all the layered vocals and the bass. :)

Ride6
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    josh you are the only reason i go on myspace. the vocals are pretty good there, bro! thats a quality track right there.

Ride6, thanks :) ive learned from that experience.

heres somethign i recorded the other day, just cause i had time, tell me what you think :)

Attached Files

• Turtle%s's Photo
    three of my best friends are gigging around London at the moment, trying to get the word out...

this is their myspace page, only two songs up at the moment but it's catchy pop rock at its nicest i think!

http://www.myspace.c...odybecoolonline
  • ahank%s's Photo
    ^ I'm usually not a huge fan of that kind of sound, but I think you pulled it off pretty well. I like it.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    turtle, thats quite enjoyable :)

could i please have some comments? even if its just "it was bad" or " i liked it" cause i love hearing feedback and possible areas for improvement and tips. especially for vocals.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    my mom getting high
    http://www.purevolum...ingthedreamerfl

its the only song in the player

i've been messing around and got back to recording more of my solo stuff lately.
    this is just a clip of a song i'm in the process of recording right now.
    i'm looking for feedback on it right now i guess.

its heavily inspired by the song 'I Lost Her' by Brighten.
    basically very similar chord progressions on the verse and similar vocal melodies.
    but since the original song is about heartbreak and sadness, i rewrote the lyrics as the complete opposite:]
    all of the music was recorded and written by me, and i feel that this is some of the most beautiful guitar work that i have done as of yet.

hope to hear some feedback soon!

-josh
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    ^Josh no affence but your musci is awsome! Have you ever done a worship album? If so you may have fixed my problem. I'd like worship songs to be more epic with both the way it sounds and its lyrics. But all i hear at any church is 'the smushy stuff' aka not my style. btw do you make any money for your work? You should but it would only happen if you'd advertise it properly.
    ^funny you should comment this topic today lol.
    today was the first time i actually worked on this song in almost a month haha.
    and i'm proud to say that i finished it:]

i'll finish mastering it, and then post it up here this evening:D

thanks!
    here you go:]
    if anyone is interested lol

http://www.purevolum...ingthedreamerfl
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I dig it Josh, but I'd like it so much more if it didn't sound so much like Brighten. lol. Although I know that's kinda what you were going for!
    haha yeahh, i did it on purpose.
    i mean, i changed the music up completely.
    i just used very similar vocal lines and melodies.
    like i said, its more of a counter to that song, since the original is so sad.

but yeah, i hope you guys can see why i'm not the vocalist in my band lol.
    not the best voice by any means
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    HeathrendusK
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    get out of this topic.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    A hint to you for the singing if it is actually you who is doing it, DARE to go full in tyour notes, cuz sometimes your voice sounds trembling instead of being dead on the note, I know first hand its very hard to keep a timid voice while still reaching those high notes solid, maybe try to set more "power" into your voice because you'll be able to better with simply going louder with your actual singing and just facing away from the microphone as you go louder, I've seen numerous singers do this to get to the higher notes and they seem to do a better job than those who don't dare to go all out...

The music is very good and I like that fact that you can also play more calm music cuz a lot of people can only play fast or slow, not both.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading