General Chat / The Art Department

• JoeZia%s's Photo
    Here you can post your own personal scetchbooks. Not an artist?- feel free to comment, leave feedback, or give suggestions for other people's work. (please, no homofags/plaguerists fucking things up!) ;)

ill start offf w/ my latest work, i might publish this for an anime book cover (if im lucky).. Posted Image I have a creative commons liceance for this @ www.deviantart.com. that means no one can advertise edited versions of this art but me, nor can anyone plagurise it (der!) there's one thing i wish i knew and that is how to prove im not plagurising right now ( 8@ ). other than giving my deviantART password/email.

Anyways, happy posting!
    -JoeZia

Edited by JoeZia, 16 January 2010 - 09:15 PM.

• RRP%s's Photo
    I didn’t think deviant art counted towards copyright? I thought in their user agreement you basically agreed to letting them do whatever they liked with your work if you uploaded it there. Don’t worry about copyright, if people steal your work so be it. If you’re working as an illustrator you should have a portfolio that speaks for itself (and represents you) rather than worry about a single piece

As for the actually illustration. Its not really my cup of tea but that’s probably because I hate anime and the stereotypical facial features. I understand that it's supposed to represent the deeper emotion hidden within the eyes however it constantly reminds me of the cliche 'puppy dog eyes' look which does seem appropriate most of the time. Thus i tend to prefer illustrion similar to this ( http://www.assd09.ds...k/digiclose.jpg ) coming from the east.

You'd benefit from not cutting the top of her head off and getting rid of the horrible type on right
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    RRP, your request is now up.

Edited by JoeZia, 03 January 2010 - 09:28 AM.

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Ginger vs. Flamingo

Posted Image
    Jellyfish Pwn

Posted Image
    SnOwprah vs. BananaMan

these were the 'notes' i took in humanities I last semester
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    In:Cities, the one i like best is your avatar. i cracked up since ive seen the original version of that photo before. (i did a search on fat just for laughs)

Edited by JoeZia, 03 January 2010 - 09:42 AM.

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    ahaha yeah dude, it makes me laugh everytime i see it
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Did this in the facebook Graffiti Application. Took way too fucking long, especially since I used a mouse. Copied a source image off of deviantart, which shouldn't be too hard to find.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    that's really badass for facebook graffiti.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=t935e8_fSDI

I made this song with a friend of mine. It's about his childhood. I co-wrote the song, co-produced the song and played the keys.

I'm very proud of it!
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

As for the actually illustration. Its not really my cup of tea but that’s probably because I hate anime and the stereotypical facial features. I understand that it's supposed to represent the deeper emotion hidden within the eyes however it constantly reminds me of the cliche 'puppy dog eyes' look which does seem appropriate most of the time. Thus i tend to prefer illustrion similar to this ( http://www.assd09.ds...k/digiclose.jpg ) coming from the east.

I see where your coming from RRP, but I think that look is only good in certain situations, or on certain characters. For example, Nel from Bleach is an adorably cute and funny character, so the look suits her perfectly. But there are actually quite a few mangas out there that don't use that style, but those are usually much more serious and deep (like Death Note).

@MA: That is insanely good for a Facebook graffiti.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Midnight Aurora,

Did you ever watch "how to make real looking eyes" on youtube? you did better than the person who took the vid- Nice Job!
  • spartan%s's Photo
    RRP: Did you make that because I love it so much. Do you have a deviantart or online portfolio where I could look at your work?
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Thats not my work just an example by someone off my design course.My dA is outdated but my web portfolio should be done in a month or so
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    My next creation- "The Mark Of The Beast"

Posted Image

...The horn grows from within...

...Comes from the Heart...

...Rips out the right wrist...

...You cannot sell witout it...

...Bursts out the Forehead...

...You cannot buy without it...

...You recieve the mark for the body to live...

...You recieve the mark for the soul to die...
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    how old are you joezia
  • JoeZia%s's Photo

how old are you joezia

15, please stop asking that. Do you have a problem?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    sorry, i forgot ive asked you before. i do faintly recollect knowing you are the same age as me. i want to carry on asking you questions but that would be tactless and insesitive.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    sorry to you too- thats what happens on the internet. there is really no way to tell when some one is thowing an insult or being serious. my bad. You like my piece?..

Edited by JoeZia, 07 January 2010 - 06:30 PM.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Yay for 15! Not used to that yet.

I just made a really cool impressionist/abstract painting, but the picture of it I took is really bad. I think it might be because I made it on paper with a big tooth so it showing through is part of the style, but that doesn't show up on camera.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Some floating objects I did in Art class my senior year. Created on I-Forget-What-Kind paper with a 6b pencil, a white colored pencil, and a black colored pencil. In case you can't tell, the die is supposed to be see-through. The teacher said not to because it would be to hard, and it certainly was, but then she said that it actually came out okay. The objects include:

-A tennis ball
    -A Lego brick
    -One of the colored pencils :D
    -My grandmother's wedding band
    -A clear red die (Vegas-style, baby!)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading