Park / Hydrathone

Park_4514 Hydrathone

5 Comments

• Sephiroth%s's Photo
    Here is a giga coaster that was more of an experiment than design. The coaster is set in a new area in a park called Aquazone. My favorite idea that came out of the project was the Water Pump ride, which was originally a lot larger and rocked back and forth a few times before competing the circuit once, kind of like a ride you would see at a county fair.

The highway was modeled after Highway 10 as it passes through Coon Rapids, Minnesota, and building something like that was treading new ground for me. To be honest, I hated every second of making the neighborhood, which didn't turn out all that well anyway.

The little, or should I say tiny shopping area was also something that I didn't enjoy making that much, and I think it really shows, unfortunately.

The part that I enjoyed most was building Hydrathone, which was inspired by Magnum XL 200.

Although there were a lot of things that I didn't like, I can say with confidence that this project taught me a lot and I'm proud that I actually finished it.

An interesting little fact about the ride is that its name was actually the nickname of my Kyogre.

Hope the link works as I don't have much experience with uploading files.

Enjoy!

Attached Files

• RRP%s's Photo
    Anychance of a couple of screens please
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Hi, here are some pictures for all of you. :)
    Attached File  SCR28.BMP (961.01KB)
    downloads: 113

Attached File  SCR29.BMP (961.01KB)
    downloads: 77

Attached File  SCR30.BMP (961.01KB)
    downloads: 66

Attached File  SCR31.BMP (961.01KB)
    downloads: 73

I liked the layout, is was just too high and so too fast. :)
    The theming was good for your first park/design, just try
    to add more structures and details to your buildings.
    Your ideas were pretty good with the custom supports
    and the construction site with the crane. ;)
    The coaster's station was a bit boring, try to build not so
    blocky.

Good luck on your next parks/designs. :p
  • Sephiroth%s's Photo
    Sorry about the no screen thing, I was so excited about releasing something that didn't think to post any.

Anyway, thanks for the screens and reply as I can't say that I disagree with anything you said.

And also the name of the construction company was taken right off the side of the crane that was working on an addition at the college I go to. :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    The screens actually dont look bad. I can see some issues with the layout though. But i'll download and have a look.
  • Zaiush%s's Photo

I've gone by the area you were inspired by, I can definitely see it