Music Forum / As the Sky Awaits

• Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    Voted today and became a fan. :)
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    awesome.
    thank you so much!
    just in case any of you are interested, we uploaded a new demo track today!

http://www.myspace.com/astheskyawaits

its still self recorded, so its not studio quality. but its decent enough.

honestly, i LOVE the part from 2:30-the end of the song, which is a first for me lol.

hope you guys enjoy!
    we'll be hitting up a legit studio hopefully soon in the coming months!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I dig it. Like I said earlier, much better than Dialogues. Good luck hitting the studio, dude!
    check out my band from our show last saturday:]

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7PmzqlWuumQ
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    audio isnt the best, but it sounded sweet from what i could hear.
    the moshing was a bit wierd. maybe thats just the way you do it in your neighbourhood. :p
  • RRP%s's Photo
    That logo looks like he put 0 effort/thought into it
  • posix%s's Photo
    come on rrp, are you trying to be an ass?

i think the logo's actually quite nice. i just don't really like screamo. i think it's silly and instead i admire people who are in control of their emotions.
    so you're implying that any/all 'screamo' bands arent in control of their emotions?

not trying to sound like a dick, but our lyrics are written and crafted with a lot of care.
    all of our lyrics are written with the intent of bringing hope and a positive message.

to say that we're 'not control of our emotions' is pretty ridiculous.

just because its 'screamo' music, does not mean that we dont put any thought and effort into what we do.
  • RRP%s's Photo

come on rrp, are you trying to be an ass?

i think the logo's actually quite nice. i just don't really like screamo. i think it's silly and instead i admire people who are in control of their emotions.

Not at all posix.Its so generic i knew what it was going to look like before i even saw it. Just like 99% of other screamo/emo bands out there.
    I dont really know that much about pioneering screamo/emo bands but im sure if you went back and looked at what their logos actually stood for you could come up with something more fitting and thought provoking.Rather than simply slapping a distorted font and optional blodsplats,dirt or swirl patterns in black white or red together. To me the logo says to me you a dirty,scrappy band that likes dark things.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

not trying to sound like a dick, but our lyrics are written and crafted with a lot of care.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick either, but if you like the lyrics so much why are they sung in a unintelligible way?
  • posix%s's Photo
    i believe all music intends to communicate feeling. the good feeling that people get from music they like is what they consume and why they buy it, ... or pirate it.

a scream is a reaction to an intense emotion i would say. in your music, you let this run wild completely. thus yeah, i miss some sort of control. it just annoys me when people want to go emo on me.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

just in case any of you are interested, we uploaded a new demo track today!

its still self recorded, so its not studio quality. but its decent enough.

honestly, i LOVE the part from 2:30-the end of the song, which is a first for me lol.

I love the intro riff on Signals. Very nice.

The rest of the song feels very busy though. I think I heard three separate key changes, which is kind of jarring in a four-minute song. Almost feels like there are too many ideas crammed into a single song. Then again, I'm not very familiar with screamo/hardcore, so maybe it's a genre thing.

-ACE
    theres absolutely no key changes in the song at all.
    its all in a major lol.

but yeah guys, i respect your opinions and all, but i wouldnt classify us as 'emo' at all.
    just because a band screams does not make them a so called emo band.
    thats kindof ignorant to automatically classify a band as such.

and as for it being sung 'unintelligibly', its all relevant to the listener.
    of course, its a bit harder to make things out live, but in the recordings of a lot of bands that scream, its very possible to make out the lyrics.
    especially in the clean singing parts on the choruses and such.

but hey, we all like different genres and i respect that.
  • posix%s's Photo
    you know, the borders of what counts as emo and what doesn't are so faint and narrow to me that pretty much everything metal and screamo goes into it.

but let me just add that while i personally am not into the kind of music you do i totally think you could make it big. i really do think you have potential. especially that chubby frontman from the photos you've been posting is awesome.
    lol thanks man.
    he really is a great vocalist, and i'm glad we have him:]
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

chubby frontman

haha
    hey guys, sorry about the lack of updates on us.
    but for the few of you that might be remotely interested in us, i've got some crazy news!

as i might have mentioned before, we are going on tour this summer.
    i also might have said that we are planning on recording a full length album.

well the only thing holding us back from either of them was the lack of money.

tom and i have been doing yardwork and various odd jobs for the past few weeks trying to raise money for the band, and we have accumulated quite a bit of money.
    well, yesterday we received quite a huge shock.

we went to the office of a doctor from my church to drop off a coffee for him. he ended up asking us about what we've been up to, so we share with him about the band and our future plans. we asked him if he needed any work done around his house or anything.
    he kind of sat back in his seat and looked at us for a bit. then all of a sudden, he was like "how does $2,000 sound?"
    our jaws about hit the floor.

turns out, he truly believes in us as a band and sees that its something we're passionate about.
    he realizes that we are making music for a greater purpose. not just to screw around and seem cool.

so with that all said, we are booked to hit the studio for the first two weeks of next month:]
    we plan to record 2-3 songs in the course of those weeks.
    the reasoning behind that is that we want to have a couple songs before we leave for tour.

We are stopping in Nashville on our way up to Cornerstone to meet with a label about a possible deal.

we will finish recording our full length upon our return, and hope to get a release out by early september.

so at the moment, things are happening very fast for us.
    but its amazing:]

thank you to those of you that took the time to read this.

oh also, i designed a brand new layout for the band page if you want to check it out.

thanks.

-josh
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    That's awesome news. I support any band that plays for God.
    thanks so much man:]

we're meeting with the A&R of solid state in nashville.
    so keep your fingers crossed dude!

we sure are haha

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading