Music Forum / The Majestics

• Steve%s's Photo
    Attached File  Majestics_AnyHumanHeartSingle.zip (25.94MB)
    downloads: 171

Hey gang.

So for the past three months the band and myself have been working on this record. Three songs are fully finished and we'd love some opinions on them. I'm not looking for improvements or criticism (though I'll take it because it would probably get better when played live, ahaha), just posting a download for you guys here cause I love you all. :)

We're planning on putting it on iTunes eventually once we get some album art sorted out, so for now, you guys get the awesome "pre-release" ahaha. Hope you guys like it, feel free to leave your thoughts and what not.

Word.

Here's a track listing for you dudes:

Any Human Heart - Single Release

01] Any Human Heart - 4.46
    02] Don't Say - 4.43
    03] Run - 4.05

Oh, also, if you're wondering what I did in the songs, I'm responsible for the lead vocals and rhythm guitar.

Here's the Myspace link to our producer's band too: http://www.myspace.com/theluxury
    Really good alt/indie rock band. He is the lead vocalist and guitarist and also owns the studio we recorded our album in.

Thanks guys.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Like I said it's really great, especially the first and third tracks. Not feeling Don't Say, its just a bit soft for me haha
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Awesome music, Steve.

Love the lead guitar in Don't Say. Is (s)he playing slide?

-ACE
  • Steve%s's Photo

Awesome music, Steve.

Love the lead guitar in Don't Say. Is (s)he playing slide?

-ACE

Thanks ACE!

Actually, that is an Ebow. I played the Ebow in that track.
    We thought it sounded pretty cool, too haha.

If you listen closely to My Iron Lung off The Bends album, you can hear Ed using one.
  • gir%s's Photo
    this is boss, i'm putting this on my ipod
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    totally downloading right now. will return with my thoughts soon.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    whaaaat steve.
    i'm disappointed in you.

all the stuff i hook you up with and show you, and i didnt even hear about this being done until just now?:[

i'll download and listen soon though dude.
    if its any better than the unmastered track you sent me a while back, then its for sure going to be great. i love this kind of music lol.

but yeah man, like i said. it would be smart for you guys to get a myspace page.
    it'll get your name out there more, and will be an easy host for streaming your music and announcing shows.

just saying.

i'll do some graphic stuff for you for it if you're down
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    absolutely fantastic.

amazing songs, amazing production, just all-around great stuff. keep this up, man, you guys will get a lot of attention.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    downloaded out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised

I thought the lyrics of Any Human Heart were a little weak but the overall composition is excellent. All three songs have their own character and it's good to see that you don't follow some cookie cutter formula. Overall you guys have a very appealing sound and I am definitely interested in hearing more.

and since you mentioned it... the ebow in Don't Say was good stuff. I'd say that was probably my favorite out of the three but it's all nice.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    gir, ahaha, thanks man! That is awesome to see people wanting this on their iPods.

inCities, sorry man but we like JUST finished these to point where we were happy. Sorry I kept you out of the loop bro, hahaha. Would love to hear your thoughts on the songs, though. We're in the process of setting up both a Myspace page and a Facebook page for the band (we're just waiting on some things to come through first), so look out for that too. If you want to help out with any graphics stuff catch me online.

zodiac, thanks dude. Was really looking forward to hearing your thoughts and I'm glad you're liking it.

Milo, I agree the lyrics for Any Human Heart are pretty straightforward but I guess thats something we were going for. One of the things we noticed while writing these three, is that you're right: they're all pretty different from each other, which is something I'm glad we achieved. Thanks for kind words and I'm glad you're digging Don't Say, too! Ebows are great, hahaha.

Nice to see 14 downloads... hope to hear what else you guys think.
    steve this is beautiful.

if i end up seeing you that week in april, i'm going to pull up blasting this in our van [if we have it by then] lol.
    we're playing in cape coral on the 2nd if you're able to go!
  • Steve%s's Photo

if i end up seeing you that week in april, i'm going to pull up blasting this in our van [if we have it by then] lol.
    we're playing in cape coral on the 2nd if you're able to go!

That's the Ft. Myers area right? I'll be leaving Naples on the 2nd to go to Orlando, actually. :/ Dang.

Again, thanks for listening guys. Nice to know the tunes are liked.
    yeah its north of naples.
    man, just stay late and leave right after the show!
  • posix%s's Photo
    wow, i didn't expect this. the first song is great. i love how it's upfront and lively. the drummer is awesome, and so is everyone else ... but the vocalist. i dunno, i don't like his voice with this kind of style. it doesn't fit well with him imo. do you have any songs where he tries not to sound soft?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Ha! Thanks for that, posix. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Actually, like I said before, I am the vocalist, lol. In a way agree with you, but I don't think the vocals are too "mismatched" with the music. Sometimes I do think I could probably open up a bit more in the sense you mean, but I think we set out what we tried to do in terms of the singing. Right now we don't have any "heavier" songs and we probably won't, but we're working on it. :)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Hey guys! It has been a while but I just wanted to mention this real quick...

If you enjoy our tunes, like our page on Facebook!

We hope to have the record for sale both online and physically by next month.

We are also planning on getting back into the studio to record an EP at the end of the Summer hopefully.
    Thanks for listening and showing your support!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    http://www.facebook.com/ladymajestic

www.ladymajestic.com

www.twitter.com/sayladymajestic
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    noice website!
    i'd like to make a critical comment on your music if you don't mind :) i don't wish to offend at all, but you know that.
    the voice of the vocalist seems weak at best. i know she can hit all the notes, and that's brilliant, one base firmly covered. but it has no character, no defining character which will make me say, "that's lady majestic! i'm sure of it!"
    maybe she needs to add some oomph, or maybe she needs to stand closer to the mic (proximity effect) cause i'm missing any sort of low register to the voice. i know womens voices are higher, but it seems to be missing that register. all it might need is for you to break all the rules of recording and find a set-up that suits her voice better.
    suggestion: cardioid pattern mic (i think a dynamic mic might do fine, but if you have a good condenser mic then try that too) put the pop shield like 3 cm away and get her to sing about 3 cm away from that.

i am, however, by no means an expert, and no doubt some up-their-own-arse will come tell me i'm shit for brains, but i'm a listener of music, and after a year of learning about all this in music tech i may be in a position to comment.

not really my kind of music, but i like it cause you're a nice guy and i have time for nice guys.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    well i loved it. great music <3
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Attached File  Color mp3.zip (39.9MB)
    downloads: 117.zip]

Our lead vocalist has left our band a few days ago, unfortunately. We had just finished this EP and plan to release it soon, but I like giving you guys a sneak peak. We're pretty proud of how it turned out. We are pretty much done for now, but hope to find another vocalist eventually. Kind of sucks since we are still coping and dealing with such an awful situation. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy.

Here's some info if you want to put it into iTunes or whatnot:

Artist: Lady Majestic

Album Title: Color

Release Year: 2012

Track list:

01. I'm Losing You (3:11)
    02. Never Again (3:20)
    03. Lucid (3:56)
    04. The Heartless Queen (3:46)
    05. Against My Better Judgement (3:20)
    06. Old North Church (6:52)
    07. Old North Church [Radio Edit] (4:43)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading