RCT Discussion / RCT Extended BETA

• Levis%s's Photo
    *HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY*

Hey RCT Community,

You've probally noticed already that I'm trying to push the boundries of rct2 further and further. Now after weeks of work I want to present you something:

RCT Extended

This utility is still in beta phase and at the moment only got 1 function. but if this works and the community is willing to accept it, it could be expanded to carry more functions.
    What this utility does is extending the memory of rct2. so it possible to add more things to the game. It doesn't modify the game code, but it intercepts things from rct2 and processes it by itself. So in this way some boundries which never could be broken before now can be broken. And I believed the boundry which annoyed the people the most was the object limit (notice I say object not sprite or mapdata).
    So when you go to the SE now you will see this:

Posted Image

and after applying the program you will see you can select more objects:

Posted Image

I've extended the limit for each category as I tought it would be better. so some categories have only a little extentions while others have a larger extention.
    So now you can use a lot more objects :D :

Posted Image

Now let me explain how to use it.

Download the program here. It's a zipped file. Extract this to your rct2 folder (probally: C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2). check if the executable called rctextended.exe is there.
    Now to play the game open this utility. it will start rct2 also.

To use the function go to the SE and press F1 there. Make sure you are in the object selection menu else it will error. if you did everything right and you computer doesn't have security programs which prevents it from working it will extend your object limit and you can experience rct2 in a new way.

NOTE: if you want to open a park which has an extended object limit make sure you have rctextended installed. for now it still uses the .sv6 extention. when this program will be developed better it will use its own extention.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Levis, you're a legend.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Wow! This is EXACTLY what I need! Thanks!
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    NO

FUCKING

WAY

You sir, are now officially my hero. One question..can you apply it to a game that's already being built without going into the SE?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    this might just make me build something again.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Chris? Is it you :D
    seriously man, your amazing if all this works out it will provide some amazing things.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    HOLY GUACAMOLE! Levis, I want to be asscosiated with this project. I would be a wild concept guy!
  • Cena%s's Photo

HOLY GUACAMOLE! Levis, I want to be asscosiated with this project. I would be a wild concept guy!

Were you the one who said something about that Levis should only focus on parkmaking .....? 

Right, Levis you are a hero, I think we should all thank you for your research on this :D
  • nin%s's Photo
    Not sure how I feel on this yet. On one hand this will greatly benefit rct2, but at the same time I could see this backfire.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Just because of this I think I'm gonna start using CS, this is fucking perfect.
    You're a legend Levis.

PIN THIS SHIT ALREADY!
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    It won't let me save landscapes :'(

Still, one of the greatest contributions to rct2 ever, even if I can't get it to work.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

Well, no shit Sherlock. Who WOULDN'T want their name associated with one of the great breakthroughs in RCT? And, I can think of SO many reasons why when anyone thinks of this, they should automatically think "GigaG".
  • Brent%s's Photo
    2009[/epic]

Could greatly help

Edit: Holy fuck.... sup FIVE-HUNDRED AND TEN OBJECT LIMIT.

Edited by Brent, 31 March 2010 - 07:41 PM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Very interesting. I would assume this also extends the 128 object per scenery tab limit? This is cool for sure and will be a big help for large parks. Looks like something ever RCT2 player will need in the near future, maybe just to view parks.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    HOLY SHIT

exactly what i think everyone needs to make better parks!!!

EDIT: Damn i get an error trapper or the game freezes, only ctrl, alt and del work on getting out if the game

Edited by Goliath123, 01 April 2010 - 01:28 AM.

• Magnus%s's Photo
    So this is just an April Fool's Joke?
    All it gives me is an instant error trapper.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I applaud you for trying to extend the limits of rct2, but it doesn't work for me. On my desktop with W7(x64) I also get an error trapper, like magnus, and on my laptop (which I'm on now) running vista it asks for the cd which I don't have atm. Will try when I get home.

I really really hope this in NOT an april fool's joke.

If this works, it will open so many new possibilities for me..

SF
  • Milo%s's Photo
    hahahaha

that'll be pretty cruel if it's a joke
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Magnus, Six Frags and Goliath, don't forget that this is still in BETA. You only would help Levis if you send him the crash reports you are getting, that way he can troubleshoot the problems and fix them, for me it works perfectly, it really is a blast to have twice as much small objects for use. 

I am running Win7, x86 btw.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    What does your error say?
    I've only tested it on one version of rct2 so it could be other version have problems. For example when we where making rctmodified we had to make different version for different languages maybe this is the case here also.
    Also please check if UAC is disabled and if there is no virussoftware or something like that blocking the program.

You sir, are now officially my hero. One question..can you apply it to a game that's already being built without going into the SE?

I haven't actually tested this yet. maybe it works. maybe if you'd convert your savegame to a scenario and then apply it.... but i dont know for sure.

@ GigaG -> I can't honestly see what you could contribute. you say you can give ideas but the ideas you send me wheren't really good and some wheren't possible. you need to have a really good idea about how the game works to come up with things.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading