RCT Discussion / RCT Extended BETA

• nin%s's Photo

Wow! This is EXACTLY what I need! Thanks!

Sure sounds like you want to use it.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    i got an error trapper too, another "access violation". Im using the downloaded version of rct2 triple thrill pack. English. WinXP. C:\Program Files\Infogrames\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack

i just thought i'd point this out, another problem.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Sure sounds like you want to use it.

I assumed it was an april fools joke but I didn't want to spoil it if it. I don't know if it's a joke but I'm not interested anyway, I'll only download it when I need it to view parks.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    happy april fools day guys :D .
  • turbin3%s's Photo

Levis, you're a legend.

Levis, you're a sucker.

:p
  • Levis%s's Photo
    well like I said before I'm able to increase the limit. as you saw with this. you could select more. but the way rct2 is build just doesn't allow more objects (altought I noticed in some categories I could select 1 or 2 more and still go on).
    But I think when I have more coding knowledge it could actually be possible to make a utility like this which will work. but I wont maken it for the object limit. that limit wont be touched by me. I only want to expand the map data limit and sprite limit.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

But I think when I have more coding knowledge it could actually be possible to make a utility like this which will work. but I wont maken it for the object limit. that limit wont be touched by me.

Thank god.

I only want to expand the map data limit and sprite limit.

Cool, that's the limit I hate most of all. But what if you managed to extend the map data limit, would it require a new RCT version to open an extended savegame?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Hahaha, I had such a blast reading the reactions in here and playing the game :D It was good to be an insider once :D

As Levis said; Happy April Fools day :)
  • Levis%s's Photo

Cool, that's the limit I hate most of all. But what if you managed to extend the map data limit, would it require a new RCT version to open an extended savegame?

I think not. but I can't answer to this now ... I expect it takes months of work if I have to do it alone. and I doubt I would ever get it to work ....
  • nin%s's Photo
    Ha, I feel like an idiot. Sorry Liampie for jumping all over you on that, wasn't a big fan of it myself! :p
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    perfectly executed Levis :p
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

I really really hope this in NOT an april fool's joke.

Am I the only one who didn't find this funny at all?

SF
  • posix%s's Photo
    you know, i don't find this funny at all. like most april fools shit i've had today. people just having to do some kind of "joke" that isn't even remotely funny but just worries, hurts or disappoints people.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I said it this morning, I hate April Fools Day.

Excellent prank though, you had me fooled. I tried it and it didn't work, but I thought maybe it was because I had the no-cd version. Ah well, it probably would've just led to many more restarted projects anyways.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    I dont like you anymore this really excited me.

Nice going levis
    thats meant in bad way btw
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I'm impressed! That was well put on.

I was certainly hoping it was true, but I'm amused nonetheless.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I know a little something about April fools parnk awesome RCT utility releases and I must say this one was good. You even did it late on March 31st which helped in my case too :lol:
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    It's funny...I was IMing with Cena as this was posted and had just asked him what time it was over there. When he told me it was 00:30, April 1, I didn't even THINK about it being April Fools Day. Not even when he said "WOW" and linked me to Levis' post. But, when he mentioned that he had met up with Leo on Monday and then was the only one that seemed to be able to get this to work...I started to wonder. But, the optimist in me wanted to believe it was real. I didn't DL it, just thought I'd ask a few questions (after getting excited and calling Leo my official "new hero" or some shit) and wait to see how others fared with it. Besides, I'm in the midst of three projects that, if RCTExtended couldn't be implemented outside of the SE, wouldn't benefit from it anyway.

I kept checking today....seeing people question whether it was a prank or not, seeing everyone but Cena and Brent say it just caused trappers....waiting for Leo to admit it was a joke.

I have to admit dude, you went a LONG way for a prank that, while quite effective...did two things. Dashed people's hopes of this ever occurring and made you a complete fucking tool to everyone that thought (including myself) that we'd FINALLY be able to add more objects to our benches.

Between your post at the beginning of H2H5 about not wanting to help me with my game freaking out, even before the contest had officially begun because you didn't want to "assist the opposing team" to this, I've lost all respect for you. Completely and absolutely. You might know the inner workings of this game better than most but, the way you pick and choose who to assist and keep promising updates on the "tutorials" that you've presented that are either incomplete or incomprehensible to most, to the 'holier than thou' attitude you often display here and now this.....I've got a RCTExtended middle finger directed right at you.

Remember...with power comes responsibility.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I'm gonna double post here because I fucking feel like it.

I'm trying to build on one of my projects....but, I keep thinking about this topic. Not because I wish I had more objects in it. Because today, I witnessed some fuckwad jerk people around because of his 'status' here. And, I'm fucking pissed.

I think of how excited I was that this was real. Then, I think about people that don't know that Leo is a jerkoff and wonder how excited THEY might have been. This is probably THE ONE most desired breakthrough for everyone that plays RCT2. The way he 'answered questions' and had people posting their 'error reports'..........this went beyond being a 'prank'.

How would YOU feel if you had taken the time to copy your screen and post it? Like it was going to help? Yeah.

There are things you joke about and there are things you don't. And even then, if you have half a brain...you know when to quit the 'fun'.
    Go tell your girlfriend you fucked her sister and repeat it when she questions you about it...with details. Say "April Fools!!" See how that goes.

Of ALL the shit people have been complaining about around here lately....and then someone that people 'count on' pulls this. Sweet.

See, posix.....THIS is how I post when I'm really pissed. Not all poetic and funny.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    awwwh, you guys, it's the internet. peace out!
    btw i figured it out straight away thus didn't download it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading