Contests / Next Contest

Well?

1. No, it's not that big a deal. 2 votes [66.67%]
    Percentage of vote: 66.67%
  2. Yes, it's about fucking time. 1 vote [33.33%]
    Percentage of vote: 33.33%
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Since I've been trying to come up with a worthwhile contest and have had mixed reactions, I'm gonna go Giga on you all and set up a poll. I've actually spent a good deal of time figuring things out and don't want to be wasting my time. I'm not asking if anyone wants a specific contest...although adding any specific preference in your post might be helpful.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Nah, I first want to see some potentially good non-NE Parkmakers get their solo finished. But that's just my personal preference for full scale solo's I guess..

But if there are some people out there who don't finish their solo ever, and do finish contest parks, go ahead :p

Added to that, I think posix and gee are way too busy getting this site together and get it to run like it should. That alone costs a lot of time and I think they are also busy getting some processes to improve. I think that is more important for this site and community than a contest, but a non-official contest run by members could take a lot of work out of their hands so maybe for the ones interested you could take leadership and start it up in the forums :)

SF
  • posix%s's Photo
    k0ng, i think we've told you time and time again that we just don't have the resources to organise one right now. why do you think there hasn't been one already? this will just hype opinion against the admins when everyone votes "i wants contest" but we can't give it to people.

i know you want one, we want one too, but it's just not possible for at least another month, ... or two. so stop raising public expectation please. it's high enough.

also, when the time comes, we'll first be reviewing all the concepts and ideas people have been pming and emailing us way before you decided you had to have a contest.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I voted yes, but posix reply is fair enough... I can wait for a few months! We have Kumba's contest and Road Rallies too.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Maybe we can just have H2H be like the Olympics and it comes every four years and I guess the PT/Hi Rollers run two years later and be the Winter Olympics :p

I don't see any rush to start a new contest, but then again I have quite a few other projects going on. However, Summer is almost here and I think it would be a good time to have a contest here at NE since most people will have time for it. Worked for H2H5 as it started around this time.

My micro contest is a pretty good outlet, just a little small. I have the resources to start a larger contest, but would only do so with the blessing of posix and gee. It is basically a sister site to NE anyways with most of its content.
  • posix%s's Photo
    thanks a lot for your support kumba. it's much appreciated.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

k0ng, i think we've told you time and time again that we just don't have the resources to organise one right now. why do you think there hasn't been one already? this will just hype opinion against the admins when everyone votes "i wants contest" but we can't give it to people.

i know you want one, we want one too, but it's just not possible for at least another month, ... or two. so stop raising public expectation please. it's high enough.

also, when the time comes, we'll first be reviewing all the concepts and ideas people have been pming and emailing us way before you decided you had to have a contest.

If you haven't realized this yet, what I'm trying to accomplish is to take the load OFF of you two and try to get the members to come together and organize something so that WHEN the time comes, there's something that 1. is relatively ready to go and 2. would obviously be something of interest to members since they've all had a part in creating it. Also, as I've stated before, I know that any contest will take time to prepare and organize......I KNOW IT"S NOT GONNA START TOMORROW. I'm not trying to shove anything down anyone's throat or raise any 'expectations'.....it's not like I'm saying "I created a bitchin contest, let's make admin run it right now". I'm asking people's opinions. And, after seeing the topic sit idle for a while...I just thought I'd poll everyone and get a true measure of interest. But whatever...if you feel the need to deride me for trying to help out and organize something, march on, soldier.

EDIT: Ya know...on second thought, I'm just trying to help come up with something for everyone to enjoy. There's nothing in it for me other than seeing something worthwhile come to fruition. If the effort that I've put into this is unwanted or unappreciated, then fuck it. I'll direct my energy elsewhere.

Edited by K0NG, 07 April 2010 - 01:40 PM.

• J K%s's Photo
    I for one appreciate your enthusiasm but curb that post for a month whilst NE gets itself organised. I understand what your saying and you're right but Gee and Posix don't really need this at the moment with so much stuff going on. No offence K0NG but I don't think they enjoy signing in every day wanting to see comments like that as it's so negative for all the hard work they're putting in. We all know a contest is coming and that will only happen in a matter of time when more manpower becomes available with the hours there for people to want to work.

I'm game as much as anyone for a contest as I know thats what this place needs but I want to watch things take its course and concentrate on my own stuff for now and I think everyone else should as well.
  • X_Fusion%s's Photo
    In the summer is a good time to have a NE contest!

I hope it's a great competition...

...and is open to all players.

Good work to all :biggrin:

Edited by X_Fusion, 13 April 2010 - 03:02 PM.

• K0NG%s's Photo

I for one appreciate your enthusiasm but curb that post for a month whilst NE gets itself organised. I understand what your saying and you're right but Gee and Posix don't really need this at the moment with so much stuff going on. No offence K0NG but I don't think they enjoy signing in every day wanting to see comments like that as it's so negative for all the hard work they're putting in.

ok, I haven't checked this thread since my last post because I really hate spinning my wheels with no traction in sight.
    JK..I know what's going on with the site, that's why I made an attempt to get the members themselves involved in this as opposed to begging admin for something that they're too busy to deal with ATM. I thought that, after seeing people say "nextH2H" or "Hi-Rollers" or "ProTour" that maybe a new, entirely different contest could be a home run for all involved. Maybe even have a "Pro-Am2" or "Pro-Am3" down the line.
    I spent an enormous amount of time coming up with this shit (try it on your own) ..I mentioned it all to gee..he didn't seem to hate the idea. Negix, on the other hand...seems to see it as some sort of affront to the "powers that be" here and decided to tell me what's what.
    So....que sera, sera..........what happens happens. At least I tried.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    Another H2H would be awesome after the deathmatch is over.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    What's a 16 month bump between friends?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Topic Closed

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading