Contests / Which would YOU prefer?

If NE were to do a contest this summer what would you prefer it be?

• Wanted%s's Photo
    Pro Tour! Basically a pure parkmaker competition where the best of the best build the strongest parks that NE has to offer! Preliminary rounds offer non ne parkmakers the chance to enter the main event!

Hi Rollers! Everyone participates and builds the best that they can!

Head 2 Head! Balanced teams build parks against other teams to win it all!

I think I will let Kong explain his Pro/Am contest seeing as he started the brilliant idea!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I would be up for a MM2.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    I would say PT4, I would like to participate in this, I missed the last one ... Head2Head 6 would be cool too, but we had H2H5 last year, so something different would be better. 
  • RRP%s's Photo
    No to any sort of long winded contest.Takes far to long to organise with early rounds and then hardly anyone enters in the end anyway. Short and sweet gives te best and biggest output. Preferably with some sort of contest entry price so theres a prize (money/trophy) to be won at the end to give a better motive to finish
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    What do you have in mind then^
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    hirollers
  • RRP%s's Photo

What do you have in mind then^

Something like h2h5 in size. One round,individual (maybe teams of 2?) 2/3 month contest.All in,£5 to enter,top 5/10 take the prize money/trophy
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    money wouldn't be a bad idea. please no-one put up the charade that you're all honorably and only play for fun. fun and getting payed for winnin? what could be better, eh?
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I will donate to see another big contest...I really don't care about winning the money. I just want to participate!
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Whoops. I meant to vote Hi Rollers 2 instead of H2H6.
    I would really be interested in seeing battling everyone for the top price. I also wouldn't mind seeing the price be to set up a poll in the accolade forum to give the best non-NE Parkmaker a Parkmaker spot. I think there are a few deserving, although I also think getting Spotlight is the best measurement in selecting Parkmakers. Opinions?

SF
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Paying to enter shouldn't be obligatory. Only optional donations. If someone who donated wins, he'll get the prize. If someone who didn't donate wins, he'll get 1/2 of the prize or something along those lines. Anyway: A prize is good.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    To follow on with what liampie said. Maybe if you didnt pay to enter you wouldnt win any prize (seems fair to me)? Im really not keen on the prize if it is something of no value i.e parkmaker spot etc. Since while its nice to achieve, its not really thats important or relevant anymore.
    Theres a lot of people now who dont have parkmakers spots, who could easily have one now or previously if they simply finished something. Its no judgement of skill anymore and it just creates more work for the admin team to update or create them
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^I still think it separates "good" from "great", and actually is one of the better and attractive features of NE...
    There won't be anything to achieve if NE doesn't have that title and newcomers will soon leave NE and spend their free time on something else..
    There's a reason you'll always see those "who's you're favorite non-Ne Parkmaker atm" topics pop-up, you know.. And let's face it, we always brag about being the elitists of RCT, so why abandon a feature that basically is doing the same?

It's easy for you to say it doesn't mean a thing these days, because you've been a NE Parkmaker for so long already and probably don't see the value of it anymore..

SF
  • J K%s's Photo
    I think being a parkmaker is the single greatest thing this site has to offer. The journey from n00b to that stage is so good. I'm sure you felt the same didn't you back in the day?
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I'm sure people would donate. I for one would donate at least 30 dollars and I am willing to bet even more money that others would donate as well.
  • RRP%s's Photo

It's easy for you to say it doesn't mean a thing these days, because you've been a NE Parkmaker for so long already and probably don't see the value of it anymore..
    SF

True

I think being a parkmaker is the single greatest thing this site has to offer. The journey from n00b to that stage is so good. I'm sure you felt the same didn't you back in the day?

I never was a non-parkmaker
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    If we were to do a hi rollers what would people like? How many judges? Workbench sizes? Present workbenches or own benches? LL and RCT2? How much time, 6 months or 12 months?
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I voted other: Let it go.

Also, in regards to money: It's been shown in the past that cash prizes haven't been a motivator to finish work on this site. I think most of the people who have won donated the money back to the site anyway. The real motivation is in paying to enter. As soon as that happens you actually stand to lose something by not finishing. Doesn't matter if it's $5 or $500. Very few people will quit if they're already staked in the game.

Edited by Midnight Aurora, 21 April 2010 - 08:51 PM.

• Splitvision%s's Photo
    For me, prize money doesn't matter, unless we're talking really big money here :lol: but I mean, 25$ as in hi-rollers isn't a big deal.

I voted for pro/am. I think it's an exciting idea and something new, sure we've only had hi-rollers once before but I'm all for an all-new contest.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I think a Hi-Rollers 2 that allowed solo and group submissions would tick most of the boxes, it won't please everyone but it would get the closest.

As for an entry fee...I know not everyone would be happy about it but if there was a small entry fee then not only would it help Posix and Gee out (and benefit NE in the long run) it would also work as MA has pointed out and we would see more committed entries.

If people wanted a portion of the prize-fund for the winner for fairness sake (for example 10 entries at $5, $25 for the winner and $25 towards NE) then that could be factored in, but in the end there will never be enough money raised to make it significant for people to enter on that basis alone.

I also believe that a parkmaker spot for the highest placed non-parkmaker is still a strong incentive and it seemed to work well in previous competitions, at least for me.

And lastly I don't know why I care because I'm travelling all summer so won't be able to enter anyway! :'(

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading