Contests / Which would YOU prefer?

If NE were to do a contest this summer what would you prefer it be?

• Milo%s's Photo
    looking back at the old Fusion Survivor contests... it'd be cool to see one of those hosted here

the setup is pretty solid and it could easily have a good turnout with a large backup list. Give people about a week or so and if they don't get anything turned in just pass over them and move on to the next person in the list. All it would really take is strict enforcement on the deadline and skipping over rule.

The downside would be it doesn't encourage dual game play... unless there could be an rct2 and LL tribe

Edited by Milo, 25 May 2010 - 12:33 AM.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Whilst I still dont think we need a contest right now (solos are progressing nicely atm, there isn't any real need to muck up this current situation with a full scale contest), a Pro Tour, Hi-Rollers or Micro Madness would be best.

We've had a bunch of teamwork stuff recently with H2H5 another H2H so soon would just be boring and ruin the whole 'specialty' of it. Same goes for other team contests, it's time we had a competative contest that relies solely on one builder and shows just what that one builder can do.

But yeah, a contest isnt needed right now anyway IMO.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I think we should wait like a month for a new contest.. Like Louis said, there are quite a few solo's being finished up right now, so more productive people could be entering, and the summer holidays are coming up which means more RCT time for some of us..

I also agree with Louis about not having another H2H so soon after H2H5. It should be exclusive and I really like the fact that people you didn't know before suddenly proved to be excellent parkmakers..

But yeah, Hi Rollers would have my preference, because it allows everyone to enter..

SF
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Where could one find info on "Hi Rollers"? I don't really see anything on it here in the Contests forum and I'm curious as to how it works.
  • RRP%s's Photo

Where could one find info on "Hi Rollers"? I don't really see anything on it here in the Contests forum and I'm curious as to how it works.

Its one of those 'everyone sign up then 6 months later you get 5 entries' kind of contests i think
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^Hehe, probably :p

But yeah, I'd really like to here some more new contests ideas, especially ones that could make sure there are more than 5 entries sent in..

SF
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Quest for the Best would be fab.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    REALLY RRP? You don't "sign up" for hirollers. It is for every member in the forum to compete in. And for the record it had one of the highest turnouts of any contest in NE history.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^the key words in that sentence are NE History.

RRP is right, a contest like that wouldn't have a fantastic turn-out.
  • nin%s's Photo
    PT4 anybody..?
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Didn't know Louis/RRP knew the future. Wanna tell me the winning lotto numbers also?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    yeah, 6 9 5 21 22 44

dude lighten up, it was just an opinion.
  • Levis%s's Photo

PT4 anybody..?

only the prelims please :p .
    I actually find the prelims more intresting the the pro tour itself
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    What about a world cup? :p

SF
  • Levis%s's Photo
    rct olympics ?
  • trav%s's Photo

What about a world cup? :p

SF

That's actually a good idea. I'll be France ;)
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^Lol

But maybe some continents against each other.. I don't know if we have any/enough African or Asian players around here, but I'm sure we could form some teams from Europe-North America-South America-Australia(/Oceania).. Kind of like H2H but then with group parks (like 10 people representing the continent) and on a smaller scale..

SF
  • J K%s's Photo

rct olympics ?

I think if we reinvent the concept this would be awesome.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    An RCT Olympics/World Cup competition would actually be very cool.

But how many teams would be feasible?

USA
    - team 1
    - team 2
    UK
    - team 1
    - team 2
    Germany
    Holland
    Canada? Korea? Rest of World?

6 Players to a team... 2 Divisions with 4 teams in each... top 2 of each division qualify for play-offs.

For example:

Division A:
    USA 1
    UK 1
    Germany
    Korea

Division B:
    USA 2
    UK 2
    Holland
    Canada

Division A winner vs. Divison B runner up
    Division B winner vs. Division A runner up

Third place playoff

Final

Perhaps too similar to H2H?

Edited by Themeparkmaster, 01 June 2010 - 07:20 AM.

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^Yeah, something like that could work.. I think Holland and Germany have enough players to form 2 teams too though.. It would also be very cool to have a Korean team.. Imagine USA uber realism against Korean uber fantasy! That would be a nice battle. If only someone could contact some Korean/Asian players..

J K; I wasn't really into the rct olympics back then.. Could you elaborate?

SF

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading