General Chat / The Official "What book are you reading?" Thread

• Luketh%s's Photo
    The Color of Water by James Whatshisname for Summer reading.. Not bad so far.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    J.K. Rowling

It's a pretty good series, I'm in Chapter 2 of 31.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

i read of mice and men. to all those who haven't read it, go out of your way to do so. it's a short read, and it FAR from outstays it's welcome. i can read it again and again. i love that book.

I hated that book with a passion when I had to read it for English. Steinbeck is too depressing for me.

Currently re-reading The Prefect by Alastair Reynolds. Best space opera writer alive at the moment.

-ACE
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

I hated that book with a passion when I had to read it for English. Steinbeck is too depressing for me.

He just has a way of writing things so incredibly objectively that when he tacks on his own opinion, it reads like sagely advice.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Ray Bradbury's The October Country
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    the fellowship of the ring
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Bringing this back up.

I'm reading Jesse Ventura's American Conspiracies. Honestly, a lot of it seems rather farfetched. Has anyone read it / have any opinions on it?

Also, The Scarlet Letter for class. what a drag..
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams

The whole series has been a joy, though things dragged a bit in "So Long And Thanks For All The Fish" because Adams can't write romance for shit and Author isn't that great of a character without one or more of the supporting cast to contrast him with... But god's last message was fantastic. Restaurant at the End of the Universe is probably my favorite of the books, for nothing else but the Ruler of the Universe being such a lovely fellow and lots of nonsense involving the infinite improbability drive knocking things around.

I would've finished by now but school has been ruining me and hobbies like Starcraft II don't tend to put me off to sleep the way reading, even really fun good reading, does when I'm exhaused...

Ride6
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Hatchet by gary paulsen.

I like his books.

Hatchet by gary paulsen.

I like his books.

...How old are you?
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo

I'm not into serious literature. I read serious literature when i have to but I don't like overcomplicated overdetailed books that go to damn slow for me.

I'm also reading

The witness by Josh Mcdowell. (An action christian book? That's a new concept :p)

And Left Behind by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.

I read 3/4 of the witness in a day and left behind on page 63.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    Black Rain from John Graham,and before that Rock and Rollers(hilarious book)by Brian Johnson(Singer of AC/DC),but I think I`ll read my both fav books again,Metro 2033 and Metro 2034 by Dmirty Glukhovsky.
    There is even a game and they plan to make a film.I recommend this book to every fan of Sci-Fi,Thrillers and Postapocalyptic stuff.I has a very unique atmosphere.
    Oh yeah and ride6 beside the metro series the Hitchhikers Guide to galaxy is one of my fav book series.God bless Douglas Adams.I also like Harry Potter (read all the books) and J.R.R.Tolkein(LotR),so yes I`m a book worm.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo

Yay for Calvin and Hobbes! I am reading "Calvin and Hobbes Sunday Pages: 1985 - 1995", in which Watterson talks quite a bit about what it was like to make Calvin and Hobbes.

As for which to read next, I would say "Something Under The Bed Is Drooling". Number two of the top 3 in my list(with the first book and "Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat" in fist and third, respectively).

Yay,my name is calvin

P.S.:Sorry for double post!

I'm not into serious literature. I read serious literature when i have to but I don't like overcomplicated overdetailed books that go to damn slow for me.

I'm also reading

The witness by Josh Mcdowell. (An action christian book? That's a new concept :p)

And Left Behind by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.

I read 3/4 of the witness in a day and left behind on page 63.

I only say that because Hatchet was part of my 5th grade level reading book.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Under the Dome by SK, its very good, nice and descriptive.
    I also read Emperor Rising a week back too, very good, by Sam Barone.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I'm re-reading "At the mountains of madness" right now and just finished "The Humbling" by Philip Roth.
    Love both <3
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Pelican Brief
    J. grisham
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo

Best book ever.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    The Call of the Wild, White Fang, and Other Stories by Jack London

Actually, I finished that book a few days ago, but it's the latest book i've read, so...
    (Excellent stories, Jack London was an awesome writer.)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading