(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Louis' RCT Supermarket

• Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    that's why I said IMO
  • Cena%s's Photo

I know that it's always a point of view, but in my eyes LL and RCT2 is like Duplo and Lego.

This is so true... 
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I'm with Louis. To be honest, lately I've been focusing purely LL, but mainly for computer issues w/ my RCT2 computer. However, I'm almost enjoying the game even more than its sequel, and I find that the best stuff in LL outstrips the best in RCT2. LL consistently wows me more often than RCT2 does, and I find artistic vision more visible in the original. RCT2 is like a modeling tool, which can be used to capture insane detail and accurate atmosphere, but LL is about molding a smaller range of tools to your own vision.

To fit it ot Prod's analogy, RCT2 may be Lego, but LL is a lump of clay or a block of marble.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ Hope you don't forget anything? 
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    ^My RCT2 computer has a Trojan at the moment, and I can't play RCT2 now. You and 15 other people are waiting for stuff from me.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Robbie your a slut... But in a good way.

Louis i just hope and pray that you one day come back to rct2 but I still do forward to you finishing some more stuff! Love you louis! :p

I wish my rct2 would work so I could finish that f1 track up...
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I sort of, almost want to grab that F1 map as I have a F1 project that I started a while ago that never got to the finish line as far as the actual track layout and I really like what you have there layout-wise. Although mine had more of a Monaco style with some hills and a switchback. Maybe if Olly gets his RCT2 going we could hook up and do something with it.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Interested to see how you would have done hills Kong? That's why the track never consisted of hills because neither louis nor I could think of a realistic way to pull it off. I'll have a shot at trying to get rct sorted tonight but if it works we could do something Kong, IF it works :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Yeah using 1/4 tile blocks would have just looked so un-natural that I didn't include slopes in my design.

Oh and just to let people know, AGAP has been taken as has WGA so they are no longer available to build on.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I can't see why LL is more aesthetically pleasing than RCT2 tbh, I just think its the community's knowledge of the limits of the game and going out of that is the thing that wows people, not so badly the looks of it cuz I think most LL just looks plain in some way where in rct2 you can add detail and bring it more to life, this also going into the possibility of detailing too much and killing it.

And I really hope you'll do some RCT2 Louis cuz your really good at both games but I prefer you 2 style more than your LL, sorry.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    This is RCT2:

Posted Image

This is LL:

Posted Image

The roughness is LL's charm, to me.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ That are paintings and no video games.

The resemblance between RCT1/2 and Duplo/Lego was better.  
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    But Duplo and Lego aren't video games either.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    no hacking LL is still beautiful, BG.

^lol
  • Cena%s's Photo

But Duplo and Lego aren't video games either.

Yes they are.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    right, we get the idea now, lets remember why we're here.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Fucking hell Cena. Shut the fuck up.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    ... or that.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    LL is easy,you can create an entire series of aesthetically pleasing buildings in literally no time at all. All my LL parks were built in literally no time at all in comparison to my more recent work. Ive probably spent more time on the few smaller rct2 releases than the whole time i played LL. The reason i dont play it anymore however is due to the lack of textures and useful objects.
    This lack of objects and rides surely hinders creativity since theres numerous things that are impossible to ever be achieved. Sure you can hack your way around things and attempt to pass objects off as other things (grave stones that look nothing like chimneys, coaster track that looks nothing like coaster supports) but why bother.
    People are trying to force a basic tool to look like rct2 when you could have just built it exactly how you wanted it to look from the start rather than compromising. I admit the old LL parks are good but if we've not seen it all before then your basically trying to improve a games detail and technical level even though theres another engine that allows that already. LL parks will always look like LL parks whereas in rct2 you can build whatever you like exactly how you want it to look.
  • trav%s's Photo

LL is easy,you can create an entire series of aesthetically pleasing buildings in literally no time at all. All my LL parks were built in literally no time at all in comparison to my more recent work. Ive probably spent more time on the few smaller rct2 releases than the whole time i played LL. The reason i dont play it anymore however is due to the lack of textures and useful objects.
    This lack of objects and rides surely hinders creativity since theres numerous things that are impossible to ever be achieved. Sure you can hack your way around things and attempt to pass objects off as other things (grave stones that look nothing like chimneys, coaster track that looks nothing like coaster supports) but why bother.
    People are trying to force a basic tool to look like rct2 when you could have just built it exactly how you wanted it to look from the start rather than compromising. I admit the old LL parks are good but if we've not seen it all before then your basically trying to improve a games detail and technical level even though theres another engine that allows that already. LL parks will always look like LL parks whereas in rct2 you can build whatever you like exactly how you want it to look.

I agree completely with this, but didn't have the balls to say it for the fear of being lynched.

Although, the one thing I do like about LL more so than either of it's counterparts is it's Wooden Coaster. Wooden Coasters look their best in LL for some reason.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading