Music Forum / Dubstep

• Dotrobot%s's Photo
    To me basshunter is techno. And I would say skrillex has some elements of basshunter in it. So therefore techno ^^.

Well yes you are indeed right on the exact opposites. But I meant as those two songs are in the same genre unlike skrillex and bar 9. If i wanted the complete opposite i would've mentioned country :)

Like I said bar 9 has defined drops and organized wobbles as demonstrated in his songs Strung out or Piano tune.
    Unlike skrillex-wise he has actually no clear drops and exciting stuff all the way through. They are similar in the sound of dubstep yes but Skrillex likes to use tidbits of dubstep coupled with club and techno elements. I find that process repeated a lot in his songs.
  • Cole%s's Photo
    i really hate to be a 'genre nazi' lol...

To me basshunter is techno. And I would say skrillex has some elements of basshunter in it. So therefore techno ^^.

Basshunter is nothing close to techno. Here are two examples of my favorite techno songs:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DmITyeXv8Uk
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m7xo6hc2sdg

As you can tell, Skrillex shares nothing in common with those

Well yes you are indeed right on the exact opposites. But I meant as those two songs are in the same genre unlike skrillex and bar 9. If i wanted the complete opposite i would've mentioned country :)

I don't get what you mean here. The songs that I compared to Skrillex were prime examples of dubstep...unless you mean that Skrillex isn't dubstep.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    I like dubstep, but I don't know a lot of artists. I AM subbed to a youtube channel that posts some pretty good mixes from time to time if you'd like to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/pandaamsterdam
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    this is the "music" forum so this should be moved to general discussing...
    tbh I hate the sound(won't even call it music) of what goes for dubstep, I mean it's like a factory with a beat under it, sorry but no...
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Nero doing a show live on Radio 1 with the BBC Philharmonic orchestra in 15 minutes. Eagerly awaiting the start.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

@Chorkles- Rob Swire's dubstep mix of his own song, Witchcraft, is pretty good. Check that one out too guys.

Do you mean a dubstep mix of his drum-step-remix of witchcraft?
    Because witchcraft is actually by pendulum.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    ^Rob Swire is Pendulum's lead singer and sythist/keyboardist and producer...so its his own song :p And yes I meant the drum step mix.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    That's the one I told about in my post ;)
    I love that song ! The original is less good but still amazing.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    I THREW IT ON THE GROUND
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo

tbh I hate the sound(won't even call it music) of what goes for dubstep, I mean it's like a factory with a beat under it, sorry but no...

actually the songs that cole posted. aka old dubstep sounds nothing like the wubwub sound that goes for the new dubstep(Brostep)
  • Cole%s's Photo

Why don't you respect the opinions of others? Just because you don't like it, it's bad and doesn't deserve to be called music?

Get your head out of your ass and stop acting 10 years old. Is this thread really disturbing you that much by existing?

EDIT: I came off as a little harsh, but the point still stands.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Tdub, I don't care if Skrillex isn't really dubstep according to whoever, it feels good.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    hello cole, sarcasm!
    I simply don't like it and don't think it's music yes but I don't mean you guys can't like it man don't be so fussed because I posted something you don't like, RRP mentioned pretty much the same thing and you didn't snap then I mean cmon, stop acting like a 10year old. we're smarter than that I suppose, at least I know I am
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I'll just put it this way, my muse and foo fighters albums havent gotten much playtime recently.
  • Cole%s's Photo

hello cole, sarcasm!
    I simply don't like it and don't think it's music yes but I don't mean you guys can't like it man don't be so fussed because I posted something you don't like, RRP mentioned pretty much the same thing and you didn't snap then I mean cmon, stop acting like a 10year old. we're smarter than that I suppose, at least I know I am

sorry, it seemed like you just came off as condescending (at leastto me) and RRP just made a joke. I really didn't mean anything personal or to call you stupid rofl... :???:

Now for something actually on-topic:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pRWIzV51Z1E
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yPF4iUIrJN4

does anyone else like this style?
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Got skrillex's new albums. Equinox and Ruffneck are definitely great but my favorites are the Scary monsters and nice sprites remixes, they did them so creatively and unique that on most of them you can't even recognize scary monsters and nice sprites, they're not heavy and filthy as the original but very soft and light. Phonat's remix was definitely my favorite.

I've got it 4 hours ago yet still listening to it non-stop. Except for a break to make smoked salmon sandwiches.
  • Cole%s's Photo
    Saw the EP on beatport today. I'm surprised at the Ruffneck First Flex track, first track I've heard from Skrillex that isn't "WAHWAHWAHYAAAAAHAHHHHHWOBWOBYOIIYOI"

Why does he always use such stupid samples? The "CALL 911 NOW" on one of the tracks, "OH MY GOD" etc...it just sounds bad IMO.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    I wish skrillex did more dubs on actual songs although I love his original songs.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GROUND
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    Obviously by now peeps here know i make beats. Mainly hip hop but now and again i have a go at other genres.

I made this last night so its still slightly unfinished but i want a bit of feedback. Its more like chilled dub. I didnt go crazy with lfo's and synths its just some chinese instruments. Let me know what you dub heads think of it please as i can still work on it.

Attached File  Rugged1- Meditation.mp3 (2.77MB)
    downloads: 158

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading