Ask the Experts / Tight fences with track

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Hey anyone know how to make the nets out of steeplechase track you see in El Encierro, or the fence surrounding Phantom, or the monorail walls in Brachiosaurus, etc.? I've tried ride-editing and lowering alternative colored track but it doesn't seem to line up right next to each other. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    AC
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Use map object manipulation then zero clearance the track in between.

"MFG"
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    ^ That, yes.. I was doing a response with screens, but that pretty much sums it up. If you still want them, let me know!

^ That, yes.. I was doing a response with screens, but that pretty much sums it up. If you still want them, let me know!

screens would be lovely! thanks!
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Ok! This is done without zero clearancing as I never like risking ghost objects.

1. Build levels of monorail-- consider how high your wall will be when you build.
    Posted Image

2.Use 8 cars to lower these down as far as you can with that-- so they're just 1 height above each other. Then use map object manipulation to offet this track up 1. These are your non-standard height pieces.
    Posted Image

3. Repeat step 1.
    Posted Image

4. Lower it all down with 8 cars, paint it normal then remove the supports from underneath. All done!
    Posted Image
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    This will be useful. Thanks, CP6! :D
    Thanks man, I will give it a shot!

Edit: worked great, thanks CP! I think this should get stickied or saved somewhere.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    I didn't know how to do this either, it works! Thanks fellas.
  • GoldenTowers%s's Photo
    but how do i lower the tracks with 8cars? i mean... wich function do i have to pick. maybe i´m just overlooking something...
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    map object manipulation
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    It's fun to see how different everyone is in there building skills and the uses of it, The way you just show is a whole other way from the way i do it :D
  • GoldenTowers%s's Photo
    but if i used map object manipulation don´t i lower each and every ride on the whole map?... i sure that i´m missing something... but i have no clue what that might be :D

and how do you do it, gijssie?
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    You can do a height range on map object manipulation, but rather than do that... I do half of them, space them one apart and map object manipulation them down. Then I build the regular ones and lower them down into the gaps.
  • FredD%s's Photo

Anyone who can explain it more? I can't get it working...

• Da_Cool%s's Photo

Here is the way I do it, wich I think is the easiest way.

ZGFikbK.png

1. Build the first layer of your fence and add two edge pieces to it. Give the land under the track a special land type(make sure that you haven't used the land type anywhere else in your park and that the extra pieces don't have the land type under them.

GObcI2F.png

2.Use MOM to raise the track. Make sure that the right options are all checked.

pFVKnUY.png

3.Zero clearance and build another layer of your fence.

4.Repeat step 2 and 3 until you are satisfied with the height of your fence.

w0Vi6FL.png

5.Clean up your fence. 

• FredD%s's Photo

Thanks for your help, but using zero clearance is tricky. Bigshootergill send me a clear explanation and I got it to work.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

The easiest way to do this is to first make every other rail normally/with ZC, raising it up 1 unit, then building it again into it.

• Austin55%s's Photo

^that method leaves me with a gap... unless I'm doing something wrong, which is likely.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Everytime I go to rebuild the ride I get an error trapper on step 3 on Da_cools method.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Make sure that your 'differently coloured' land texture covers all the necessary tiles that the ride track takes up. If you don't do this and then right-click on a part of the track that hasn't been lowered then you'll get an error trapper.

I use [EDIT: Da_Cool]'s method. Extend the track one extra straight piece from the amount that you want and keep rebuilding from that track piece. Also makes for lowering track a little easier as you just add/subtract 1 unit every time you re-lower through MoM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading