Music Forum / KoЯn The Path of Totality

• Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Has anyone had a chance to hear the new KoЯn album or any of the new singles they've released. I really like the song "Way Too Far". For those who have not heard, the new album is a mix between metal and dubstep. It's nice to see KoЯn back creating new music and expanding their sound. Ever since Head left it always felt a bit empty, but then again.. Everything after the "Untouchables" album was not very good.

I've been following Korn since 94' and will always be a fan and wanting to hear what they come up with next. I'm pretty confident they will never top their self-titled and the hype of "Follow The Leader" which had some of their break-through songs like "Freak on a Leash" and "Got The Life". By radio airplay, I have not heard this much Korn on the radio since Follow The Leader. Seems like their back to writing music they want to write and not trying as hard to just please the fans.. Not saying they are writing music that noone will like. But all their best albums were produced by their love of music. As it seems their getting back on track.

But anyways, if you are into dubstep or ever been a Korn fan definitely check it out... Even if your not, it's still worth a listen. Plenty of good songs, good beats, and heavy rifs... With all the bass wobble, you really don't hear much of Fieldy's slap-bass.

Reminder: Buy the albums of the bands you support. Pirating has almost completely killed the music industry. If you want to continue hearing music from the bands you love, buy it. A label is not going to keep a band that is not selling. Sure, alot of the money comes in from touring... but that's besides the point. Help keep the music industry going.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    As a fan of Excision and Downlink and one of the dubstep industry, Ill give it a listen. I like the fact that Korn is experimenting and making a rock-step album, however, its a mix that rarely works well in my eyes, unfortunately. We'll see how it is. I didnt like the "Get Up" single ft. Skrillex, then again, I cant stand most of Skrillex's stuff. Hopefully the songs with Excision and Downlink are better.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading