News / Roomies' Christmas Giveaway 2011

• Roomie%s's Photo

Posted Image

It's that time of year again and its time for the Christmas Giveaway. As last year I shall be running a similar competition to last year. A reasonably open competition with a Christmas theme. As with last year there shall be prizes for the winner and some runner-up prizes too.

The Competition
    I want to keep this contest rather open.

- A Maximum Map Size of 1600 squares (40x40 or essentially 4 micro parks) in any shape you like.
    - You may build whatever you like however you like in either RCTLL or RCT2.
    - Workbenches are provided but feel free to use your own.
    - Parks should have some sort of link to Christmas and the holidays.
    - Entries must be sent to me at rollerc@hotmail.com by Christmas Day.
    - 1 entry per person.

The Prizes
    This is what you are here for isn't it? :)
    The prizes will work like this. There will be a pool of prizes from which the winners can select anything they wish. I am working on acquiring an excellent star price this year :). But I'm ongoing with negotiations with this and I wanted to give you guys a chance to get started as early as possible. However if I do secure the prize it will beat the signed copy of RCT2 we had last year :p I cant promise anything yet but I shall edit the post when I know either way.

The Star Prizes
    I hope to organise a pot of a few star prizes this year. These will be announced over the month as I see if I can sort them out.

1) Signed Copy of RCT by Simon Foster
    Simon Foster is the genius who created all the graphics from both RCT1 and 2. Simon has very kindly agreed to sign a copy of Loopy Landscapes for us.

2) Signed Copy of LL by John Wardley.
    John Wardley is the man who has designed and worked on some of Europes most famous coasters such as Vampire, Stampedia and of course Nemesis.

3) Signed Copy of RCT 2 by Walter Bolliger. One half of the most famous coaster company on the planet :)

The normal prize pool will also at least include the following.
    - A Copy of RCT1 + LL
    Posted Image

- The RCT Boardgame
    Posted Image

- Some RCT Keyrings
    Posted Image

Winners will be decided by a panel of 3 judges who have taken no part in the competition.

This years booby prize will once again be one of these fabulous RCT Adventure books (just ask Liampie how good they are :p)
    Posted Image

I will continue to try and look for more good things to add to the prize pool so check back for updates as the prize structure may be adjusted slightly depending what i can find.

Workbenches - Note: These are not a requirement and you may use your own.
    Kumba RCT2 Workbench - Attached File  Realistic Christmas Bench_fix.zip (1.28MB)
    downloads: 197
    LL Workbench - Attached File  LL Christmas Bench.zip (52.18KB)
    downloads: 153

Notes:
    - Please don't let this take too much time away from your normal projects. NE will always need new accolade submissions
    - Have Fun, I don't want to see any arguing or bickering in this thread. It will be Christmas after all.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Very very cool! If you need any support let me know. In fact, let me move this to the news forum, so it shows up on the frontpage and triggers an entry in our newsfeed. I'll move it to the contest forum after the deadline, ok?

Fingers crossed for a bunch of lovely entries :)
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    I want that keychain. Sign me up.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I want a life-sized RCT Pinball game, get one and I'll come out of retirement and play :p
  • mardy%s's Photo
    Awesome iidea !
  • GigaG%s's Photo

I want a life-sized RCT Pinball game, get one and I'll come out of retirement and play :p

http://global.ebay.c...0645728513/item

It is the closest you can get, i guess...
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    I really want to do this, as I already have some cool ideas. But I'm too afraid it will kill the momentum on my other parks in progress:0

I'll decide shortly:D
  • K0NG%s's Photo

I want a life-sized RCT Pinball game, get one and I'll come out of retirement and play

http://global.ebay.com/Roller-Coaster-Tycoon-pinball-machine-by-Stern/230645728513/itemIt is the closest you can get, i guess...

I'm just wondering how much closer to a life sized, RCT Pinball game you can get than a life sized, RCT Pinball game :SA: ??????

BTW...put one of those bad boys up and I'll enter and actually finish a contest. On time. No excuses. Finished. Sent in by the deadline.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I really want to do this, as I already have some cool ideas. But I'm too afraid it will kill the momentum on my other parks in progress:0

You already have half a snow-covered park right?
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    I suppose I could find a way to turn Project Force into a Christmas park, seeing as it's already alpine/mountain-themed.
    But as much work as that's going to take before the deadline (pretty much the entirety of a reasonably large map in just twenty days), I just don't think I'll be able to finish it in time.

Doesn't mean I can't start a new park, though... ;)
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    No, it doesn't. So.....what was your fucking point?
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Maybe I'll attempt some sort of micro... but I am hella lazy
  • Roomie%s's Photo

I want a life-sized RCT Pinball game, get one and I'll come out of retirement and play

If I was a millionaire the sure :p but I'm afraid I have my limits on generosity. :p
    There are a number of RCT Pinball flyers available on Ebay... along with bits and bobs like seals, flippers and LED kits. maybe I could give away a part each year until you can build your own.

But then you would have to enter and win every year.

Maybe I'll attempt some sort of micro... but I am hella lazy

C'mon you know you want to.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Damn it, so much projects, but no time. But I will look what I can do, that boardgame is something I always wanna have. I'll giva a shot...
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    News Update 1: The Star Prize pool has been updated with out first star prize. Simon Foster the genius who created the graphics for RCT 1 and 2 has very kindly agreed to sign a copy of Loopy Landscapes for the competition. :)

Keep watching for more updates
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I would love to win that! Last year I made something in a week, so who knows what'll happen this year. I hope I can think of something good...
  • Levis%s's Photo
    good job on getting the prize
  • JDP%s's Photo
    awesome idea roomie and thanks for actually going out of your way to get us prizes, mad props for that. i think im gonna give this a go
    -JDP
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    How can you get in touch with these guys?
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    News Update 2: John Wardley the man who has designed and worked on some of Europes most famous coasters such as Vampire, Stampedia and of course Nemesis has very kindly agreed to provide a signed copy of RCT for the competition too.

I'm still working on the third and final star prize for the top 3 and if it all works out it shall be a big one :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading