News / Roomies' Christmas Giveaway 2011

• posix%s's Photo
    Really, it's taking FOREVER. I wish someone could just hack the game allowing you to choose from unlimited objects, so that you can select as you actually build on the park.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Build in the object editor.

When you want to add in a ride, go into the actual game, build the ride, support the ride or whatever needs to be done whilst in the game. Save the layout.

Go back to building in the object editor and repeat.

Once complete, go into the actual game and add in the saved layouts, thus creating a park with unlimited objects available.

No one has ever used all 252 object slots available (think about how many unused we delete in the aproval stages). So why limit yourself from the beginning to 252 objects that you may not even touch?
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I think you meant scenario editor...it's real tough to build in the object editor. Also, using that method, you still have to select the objects beforehand and would still be limited to the 252-whatever objects. Plus, you can't save rides that are hacked in any way and I'd think it would be hard as fuck to stay motivated while building a park that has no rides...just empty spaces where they should be.
  • posix%s's Photo
    For once, I agree with K0NG. Plus staying in the SE means going back and forth, constantly de- and reselecting objects to enable others you may want? (sorry to drag this off-topic roomie)
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    The scenario editor, to me, is only useful when changing entry points, entrances themselves or map size. And only before I ever plop one object onto the map. I'm in and out of Parkdat as often as some new guy is in and out of Kim Kardashian. As far as using all the SS slots, I believe that I only had 4-5 unused small objects in Vulture (and that was because I deleted a building at the end) and only have 2 unused small objects ATM in Tsunami that I'm about to switch out for 2 different ones that I already have plans for. It would be a godsend if we were ever able to have unlimited objects and could just grab whatever we needed at any time. Because I guarantee that I would use more than is currently allotted if I were able. Although I do like having to sometimes get creative with similar objects to create something that already exists but wasn't worth swapping in for use in just one instance.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

No one has ever used all 252 object slots available

Some parks have, heck some have used a few more because of duplicated objects.

If I find the time I have a pretty good idea for an entry for this :xmas:
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Yeah, I had a cool idea and started building something for this....I'd really like that signed copy of RCT2....but, we all know me and deadlines. With less than two weeks to finish....well, enough said.
  • Levis%s's Photo

Build in the object editor.

When you want to add in a ride, go into the actual game, build the ride, support the ride or whatever needs to be done whilst in the game. Save the layout.

Go back to building in the object editor and repeat.

Once complete, go into the actual game and add in the saved layouts, thus creating a park with unlimited objects available.

No one has ever used all 252 object slots available (think about how many unused we delete in the aproval stages). So why limit yourself from the beginning to 252 objects that you may not even touch?

your methode works unless you want to use hacking.

I think that removing the object limit would probally cause people to lose theire creativity.

Personally I'm still for the copy paste tool which I still want to make.
    just create the bench you want with the objects you need for a specific building or ride or so. then build it and copy it to a other map where you put everything together. the tool checks which objects are used and which not and put them in the savegame. if there are used to many objects it can give a warning. but to make it I first need time ... lots of time... which I dont have atm :(.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I'm sure you'll somehow find the time between now and April 1st.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Any chance we can go past the 25th? Like maybe to the last day of the year? It's not that big a stretch and it might just give me enough time to finish a contest entry for once.

Please?

I have something else going on that's taking a good amount of my time that's more about everyone than it is about me and kinda needs to be finished by the 25th.
    And, I'd really hate to have to choose between the two right now. But, I want that RCT2 disc to hang on the wall of my man-cave.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Thought I'd drum up a bit of excitement :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    That is really awesome. I hope there are people actually working on an entry? I haven't started yet, but unlike last year I've got an idea. Not saying it's better than last year, but at least I'll know what I start when I start.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    when is the deadline again?
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    First post:

Entries must be sent to me at rollerc@hotmail.com by Christmas Day.

So December 25th.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    To be honest i wont be home till the 1st so i will probably have to extend it anyway
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    No! Don't extend it! I've been working on my entry to get finished by the 25th!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Oh fuck, 25th? I thought year's end. Might have a problem now, or I downgrade the whole thing.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Extending it is fine.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Bad news (for me anyway). I had planned on sending in my work but my game froze immediatley after I saved my game. Now, whenever I try to open the save, RCT2 freezes and after a few moments so does my laptop. I have no idea what caused this. It was my best work to date, and if anyone has any possible way of helping me, please PM me. But I highly doubt there is any way of retrieving the file :(
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    did you make a new save every time?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading