Music Forum / Your Top 10 albums of 2011

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    My list might not be entirely 2011, but they are all albums I bought/gave money for this past year.

1) Within Temptation - The Unforgiving
    2) Breathe Carolina - Hell Is What You Make It
    3) Evanescence - Evanescence
    4) Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
    5) Five Finger Death Punch - American Capitalist
    6) Rise Against - Endgame
    7) Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
    8) Korn - The Path Of Totality
    9) Not A Clever Pony - Princess Luna: As Imagined
    10) Cold - Superfiction

I'm not sure if you would count number 9 as an album, but I still think it's pretty damn good.

And I'm totally psyched about the upcoming Infected Mushroom album.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    I'm more along the same lines as Dimi, Brit Alternative

in no order
    Metronomy-The English Riviera
    The Vaccines-What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?
    The Strokes-Angles
    Foster the People-Torches
    Arctic Monkeys-Suck It and See

and some things i really got into
    Foals-Antidotes
    The Horrors-Primary Colours
    Spoon-Gimme Fiction
    The White Stripes-Elephant
    The Libertines-Up the Bracket

Fk
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo

You listen to Devin Townsend a lot?

Just started listening last year, I've been hooked on Deconstruction and Ziltoid ever since I saw him live fucked out of my mind on a special variety of a cookie. Been meaning to check out the rest of his discography, which CDs would you recommend?
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Just started listening last year, I've been hooked on Deconstruction and Ziltoid ever since I saw him live fucked out of my mind on a special variety of a cookie. Been meaning to check out the rest of his discography, which CDs would you recommend?

Terria is my all time favourite album... It's full of emotion and the warm, organic sound is quite unique. My second favourite is Ocean Machine, also very emotional (it has a depression theme) but more accessible. Some catchy tunes, and some very intense tunes. I cannot cry to music or movie but listening to Funeral in the right mood is the closest I can get to it.

Infinity is wacky.
    Physicist is very heavy, personally I don't like most of this. It's a weird mix of extreme metal and melodic stuff.
    Accelerated Evolution is relatively poppy, but it's definately not pop. It sounds very clear, and overall the mood is uplifting despite a few very emotional songs.
    Synchestra also sounds a bit organic, with like AE an uplifting mood in the end.
    Ki is amazing, and 95% not metal. Lots of acoustic. It builds tension brilliantly, makes some really interesting songs. Hard to describe this one.
    Addicted is an album full of pop metal. Heavy, catchy, simple song structures, quite some heavy vocals but yet it has a positive vibe. A serious undertone.
    Ghost is very minimal. The most peaceful and beautiful music I've ever heard.

You pick one.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie xx - We're New Here
    Posted Image

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
    Posted Image

James Blake - James Blake
    Posted Image

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch the Throne
    Posted Image

Radiohead - King of Limbs
    Posted Image

The Roots - undun
    Posted Image

Foster the People - Torches
    Posted Image

Tyler, the Creator - Goblin
    Posted Image
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    In all honesty, 2011 was a crap year for music.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

1. Alestorm - Back Through Time (because they don't take themself too serious... which is evident in the music. Pure fun.)

Posted Image

The album art really caught my interest, so I picked it up today while I was out. A very fun album indeed! I humbly thank you for sharing it with us.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Be sure to listen to their other albums as well. Black Sails at Midnight is in the same style, but much better in my opinion. Many people praise their debut, more than Black Sails, so I guess you should check that one out too.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading