Releases / H2H6 - RR R2: Reservoir Dogs vs Hurricanes

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)
  • posix%s's Photo

Round Robin

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Round 2 | Match 1

Voting Closed
    (Voting duration: 120 hours)

___VS ___

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Click maps for fullscale resolution

"Pixar Animation Studios"
    by the Reservoir Dogs (RCT2)

VS

"London 2012 Olympic Village"
    by the Hurricanes (RCT2)

Voting Closed
    Hurricanes beat Reservoir Dogs

Pixar Animation Studios was made by Cena, Tolsimir and Scotlands_Finest. London 2012 Olympic Village was made by Six Frags, JDP and Comet.

Reservoir Dogs vote count: 14
    Voters: trav, Ling, Fisch, olddtfan51, CCI, turbin3, 5Dave, rct2isboss, Xtreme97, Gijssie1234, nin, 111112oo, chorkiel, Mr. Coaster

Hurricanes vote count: 35
    Voters: RCTER2, SuicideCarz, Colorado-Fan, MCI, Liampie, Gwazi, RCTMASTA, Cedarpoint6, Brent, Pacificoaster, XCars, Cocoa, Wicksteed, Dr_Dude, Turtle, Robbie92, Jonny93, MikaRCT2, arjan v l, BC(rct2), djbrcace1234, Sulakke, muuuh, FK+Coastermind, Marino, Fizzix, snas, Luketh, Ruben, Louis!, Dimi, Airtime, RMM, pierrot, JJ

How to vote
    - This season vote is by reply only.
    - Everyone but players belonging to either team in the match may vote.
    - We will check the topic frequently to update the vote counts.
    - Until your vote has been added to the count you may edit your post to change your vote.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    :mantis:

Thanks to Casimir again for one of the maps.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    YES
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I can't remember who made it, but I have seen that Ratatouille mural before... Pretty good work Dogs. I'll view it in-game soon and post feedback on both parks in a bit.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Shit.. 2 weeks in a row we go against an epic park. This one will be closer than round 1 though.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Remember, no creators speculation. Please watch out. :)
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    The skill of both is close, I prefer the second theme.

My vote:London 2012 Olympic Village
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Gonna be close i reckon
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Both were amazing but I vote for the Hurricanes.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Both very good parks :)
    But how did you make London look Dutch?
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    ^Good point Roomie :)
    Both parks are really cool, will be a very close one i think...
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Ya know....even though I saw our park evolve from the beginning, I still get a kick out of watching the peeps
    step up, one by one, to the ticket booths at the entrance. And the shark...............

Well done to both teams. This should be a great matchup.

BTW...I hope everyone realizes that Pixar is NOT intended to be a Disney park.

3:06
  • trav%s's Photo

Both very good parks :)
    But how did you make London look Dutch?

This is definitely my problem with the Canes park. It doesn't look like London whatsoever.

The architecture is underdetailed in places, and it feels too busy in the wrong way. London feels busy because of it's tall streets and detailed architecture, this just felt busy because there were too many cars on the road for an Rct park, so I couldn't help but watch them instead which led me to notice that the trams constantly crash into the cars.

Another problem is how similar the park is throughout. It's as if they built a 5x5 square, decided that looked good and went on to build that 5x5 square all over the map.

There were bits of brilliance though such as the Handball stadium (Not for the game, the stadium just looked good) and the Abbey next to it. Both of them were brilliant buildings. Sadly the rest of the architecture just didn't look English.

7.5/10

The Dogs park was good but quite obviously unfinished around the Toy Story area (I hope it was anyway). The architecture was pretty good and stuck true to the movies, and the ideas were all good and stuff. It was a decent park, which narrowly beat the Canes park in my opinion.

8/10

Vote: Dogs
  • Colorado-Fan%s's Photo
    My vote goes to the Hurricanes! In my opinion the whole concept ist better than the Pixar park. I didn't like it that much because there was no Disney feeling and I'm pretty sure that I have seen a lot of things in this park in the Dump-Place already. Another fact that let me vote for the Hurricanes is that the Pixar park was unfinished in the Toy Story area. If it wasn't there was no Disney feeling at all because Disney would never place a freefall tower next to empty space.
  • SupraSix%s's Photo

there was no Disney feeling

PIXAR. Not Disney. Look at KONG's post...

Okay switching my attention to the parks, they were awesome at first look. Both had amazing ideas and at some points unbelievable execution. But as I looked longer they both started to look messy and flaws started to show. I need another look before I cast a vote. This will be an awesome match!
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Again....Pixar IS NOT A DISNEY PARK. Pixar was owned by Steve Jobs and stockholders for the majority of the time before being acquired by Disney. One sure tell.....if it were a Disney park, it would have a Main Street, little Mickeys all over the place, etc. This park has hidden "Pizza Planet" trucks (an Easter egg in all Pixar movies). Do the math before criticizing it for not being "Disney" enough.

3:06
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo

PIXAR. Not Disney. Look at KONG's post...

Here here kong
  • MCI%s's Photo
    Vote: Hurricanes

The Pixar-park seems a bit unfinished to me, as colorado-fan said. The Spillwater was really really awesome, the Monster AG looked quiete nice, but the rest of the park did not much to me...

The Olympic Village just owned it for me. I love all the little details, the euro-fighter, the handball game, the street and all the traffic, the BigBen Sound, the tube-station, the McDonald... Well, more or less everything.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    In case anyone is wondering...

Posted Image

Could not help it :p

Real reply later tonight...
  • Fizzix%s's Photo

Ya know....even though I saw our park evolve from the beginning, I still get a kick out of watching the peeps
    step up, one by one, to the ticket booths at the entrance. And the shark...............

Well done to both teams. This should be a great matchup.

BTW...I hope everyone realizes that Pixar is NOT intended to be a Disney park.

My vote goes to the Hurricanes! In my opinion the whole concept ist better than the Pixar park. I didn't like it that much because there was no Disney feeling and I'm pretty sure that I have seen a lot of things in this park in the Dump-Place already. Another fact that let me vote for the Hurricanes is that the Pixar park was unfinished in the Toy Story area. If it wasn't there was no Disney feeling at all because Disney would never place a freefall tower next to empty space.

Obviously not intended to be Disney. I imagine if it was, there wouldn't be an Incredibles coaster. Been looking at both now for awhile. I gotta say, I loved the Steep cats KONG! Great new object, that solves a problem that's been around since the origin of Kumba's. I don't think anybody's done a better go-karts, and I especially love the way the karts go back into Radiator Springs for the station. Mr. Ray and Bruce were genius. The Toy Story area was unfinished(hopefully), but I enjoyed what was there. Ratatouille was a great little area, the archy was impressive, and the ride back there was great. Incredible's was awesome, except for the repetitive nature of the foliage.

London didn't feel right to me either, and I've never been there. London's Eye was something I hadn't seen before, the Obs. Tower cars used as the cars here. Very cool. I loved the details in the Hotel, and all the other buildings, especially the press conference room. The buildings in the center stuck out to me, in a bad way. They were too simple and detracted from the atmosphere for me. The traffic was awesome, if a little crowded, like trav said. I loved the Marching band in the stadium, and Cena streaking. Olympic Looping was cool with the 97* drop, but seemed small for the "big" ride of the park. The biggest beef I have with the park is the lack of actual park, just feels like a few flats in a city. I'm not done with these two or my decision yet, just posting some thoughts as I look through each.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading