News / Time to recruit Accolade Panelists & Write-Up Authors

• Scoop%s's Photo
    we only work with two
  • trav%s's Photo
    Four means Rct2, TT, WW and LL I assume mrbuckeye
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    your probably right
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    I am interested in becoming a panelist for RCT2 submissions.

-disneylhand
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    I'd love to do write-ups myself.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    I want to help out as an accolade panelist, I have RCT2 WW & TT.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Accolade Panelist for RCT2 please.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    not to sound dickisch, but inexperienced players should not be made panelists, I mean it takes less effort to impress less skilled players and it'll make the quality of certain accolades drop, it's not because most panelists have been busy with h2h that they won't vote once they have more time, me included, might aswell start public polls with this tbh if we're having a panel that get's too large...
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    I wish a bit more transparency concering the Accolade Panel.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    just because were less skilled doesn't mean we don't no what were talking about. I for one know that my work is deffinately not up to par with any gold,silver, or even bronze. But I deffinately can tell the difference between something that is a peice of crap and a glorious masterpiece.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    But you've been around for what? A few months, max? It takes a long time to get into the culture of it and understand/develop your own reasonable method of critiquing. You don't judge things on a "better than what I can do" or "worse than what I can do" basis. The only reason I even offered is because I've personally noticed people aren't exactly jumping at the chance to do writeups, and they can play a large role in the presentation of the park. I think I could do that.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    but that doesn't mean i have been playing for a few months. and who said i would judge like that I know what looks goood and what looks bad im not an idiot. but i guess if anything else i could do write ups
  • MikaRCT2%s's Photo
    That's why I didn't say to become one. I would love to be one, but I'm just not experienced enough to be one.

But if posix thinks different, then he could always PM me, I have enough time and RCT2 WW/TT.
  • Turtle%s's Photo

but that doesn't mean i have been playing for a few months. and who said i would judge like that I know what looks goood and what looks bad im not an idiot. but i guess if anything else i could do write ups

No, you couldn't. You don't have even a basic usage of grammar and punctuation.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    because im typing quickly. and trying to get my point across right here right now. like texting
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Yeah those are the obvious ones mrbuckeye...

but what do you do with parks that have great atmosphere but terrible layouts?

parks with no parkflow or decent aesthetics, bad coaster and good theming or vice versa,
    you know when something is good or bad, but being extremely critical on mediocre parks is what sets a great player from a new player...

I mean I search for a total package and I only tend to give high ratings to parks that deliver on everything, wich I why I was so low on voting frankische and pinehills, they both lacked 2major aspects for me, parkflow and strong layouts in terms of coasters and path... I believe with adding not as experienced members to the panel will result in parks who fail on some aspects those players aren't good in will get scored higher because they won't recognise less extreme flaws... i mean you can have a good layout, builders like me, cena, sammy etc etc, and you have great layouts like JDP, Geewhzz and CP6 caliber coasters and I think the mediocre players won't notice the real and absolute difference in that aspect of parkmaking or other aspects that are very complex and minor flaws won't be taken into account as much then...
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I do agree with Belgian Guy somewhat.
    It takes somebody serious who knows a lot about the game, the hacks , the time and the effort it can take to create something, the difficulty of the design or park, the idea behind it , the ingenuity etc.

This is also the reason i didn't apply.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    I still think that i can tell the difference between even in those circumstances.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I still think that i can tell the difference between even in those circumstances.

I want to ask you, how many parks in the database have you looked at as of now?
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    probably more than 60

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading