Ask the Experts / Arjan's Parkdat Tutorial

• disneylanddude%s's Photo
    Once i have downloaded Parkdat where do all of the dll files go?
    ...i am running vista and it seems to be a little glitchy...noob here so be gentle thanks
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Put all the files including parkdat in the same folder.
    I'm using XP ,so i can't help you with Vista issues.
  • Jackoasta%s's Photo
    I have a question about this, what about if your using a workbench?
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    The term 'workbench' is simple what we call a blank park map that has nothing built on it yet. It is the same as any other park in the game and functions the same way, and objects can be added or removed just the same.
  • Jackoasta%s's Photo

The term 'workbench' is simple what we call a blank park map that has nothing built on it yet. It is the same as any other park in the game and functions the same way, and objects can be added or removed just the same.

Thanks very much for this! :)
  • Lagom%s's Photo

I'm trying to add more objects to my project with Parkdat. But it doesn't work the way I want right now.
    There are a lot of open slots, but whenever I add a new object it normally end up in the same "folder".

In this case it end up in the ?-folder and "pushes" some other object out of the folder.
    In the same time there are folders with a very few objects in them.

Is there a way to "transport" objects from the ?-folder into a different folder with less objects in it?

2uifbqc.jpg

• Stoksy%s's Photo

As far as my understanding goes; objects "transfer" automatically if you have the relevant scenery tab selected in parkdat.

For example, the 1k steel rooves are probably in the SoK or Kumba scenery tab [and possibly others]. If you have that selected as a default tab then importing that object should go into that tab.

Have you tried replacing the scenery tab in parkdat with one that includes more objects that are in you "?" tab? Replacing in parkdat even though you've used the tab shouldn't cause problems [although obviously you should backup all the time].

• Lagom%s's Photo

Thanks for your reply Stoksy.

I haven't tried to replace any scenery tab, mainly because I don't know how to do that in Parkdat.

I know how to replace objects, but not the tabs.
    Is it hard to do?

• Liampie%s's Photo
    It's exactly the same process, so no. :p You'll find the scenery tabs somewhere at the bottom of the objects list in parkdat.
  • Lagom%s's Photo

Oh, sorry about that. Didn't see them.
    Thanks!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading