News / Game Over

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Over the past couple of weeks, some crazy things have come to light around here, things I didn't even know about which I'm going to try and make sense of. The past few years of this site for me have been a complete blur. It seems like just yesterday we launched NE4, yet when I go back and look, it has been over two years. That's kinda hard for me to fathom as I sit here trying to recollect what has happened from my perspective over those past two years. NE4 was a huge undertaking and I completely wore myself out of everything this site has to offer. After it was finally done and over with, I lost all interest in this website and game. It was a huge battle between posix and I to actually get everything put together and finished. I was totally out of my element when it came to coding the entire thing and putting it together, which is why it was two years in the making. It was a huge learning process.

Now, nobody's relationship is perfect and over those two years posix and I had our fair share of arguments and I honestly grew a bit tired of the relationship we had which is why after NE4 came to exist, I just lost all interest because it felt like a huge uphill battle. A battle between him and I, and an internal battle with myself. I am a perfectionist, and to me the site is no different. Now, I'm not naive, I know there is no such thing as perfect, but my personality is very compulsive. As I grew away from this site, I grew a bad hatred for posix. Before the undertaking of NE4 it was not possible as nobody could code our ideas. I took that on and decided I would just do it myself. Working with him was difficult because he designed and I coded and since he had no basic concept of coding it was very time consuming to work together and but both sides of it together. I had a hard time drawing a line and telling him that something would be too hard to do, or too time consuming, and I believe he got a bit caught up in just trying to improve this place, we both did.

I don't blame him as I once did. I was mad at a lot of things, I have a lot of anger inside of me, most of it from real-life issues. All he has ever asked of me was to be honest, and I couldn't be honest with him because I wasn't being honest with myself. I felt for the longest time he was expecting things. It is now an understanding among all of the admin team that we should do things because we want to and because we enjoy doing it, not because we feel we have to. If we have no motivation, we just need to be honest with each other and let everyone know.

As our relationship grew apart, a year after NE4 was launched I started a totally from the ground up redesign of this website. It has been in production for the past year. I held this information from the admins. I got inspired to do it after spewing a bunch of hatred for this website and my relationship with posix to RRP I believe. Him and I just couldn't work together, I can't even recall the exact details now that it's such a blur, but out of all the hatred and arguments I've realized the principal behind it. Honesty and communication, which is important in any relationship.

I got a spark again and started working very hard on NE5. It felt great. I don't know how else to describe that type of motivation, when it's just enjoyable and you look forward to working on it, not dreading to work on it, which was how NE4 got towards the end of production. It's like an unavoidable parabolic curve I think everyone gets on any project, whether it be RCT or real life. It's very hard to stay motivated to reach a goal, which is why we have so much unfinished work.

Many of you might be asking how this ties in with what I mentioned above and the current happenings of the site. Well, in general I do not like confrontation, or the public side of things here. I mostly laid back and let posix (and louis when he came onto the admin staff) do all the work. I had no idea the happenings of the Cena incident until it was made public, but I'm getting ahead of myself in the story.

When H2H6 got underway I signed up for the contest because I thought it would spark my motivation for the game like it did during the last H2H5 (I almost didn't sign up for it and when I did, I had zero motivation for it). K0NG has been my friend ever since he came over to this website. Everyone hated him, but I contacted him outside of the site and befriended him because I felt many people unfairly jumped on him when he came here. Soon after we became friends H2H5 started and I drafted him to my team knowing how good he was. Naturally, after having been team-mates in H2H5, K0NG couldn't wait for H2H6 to get redemption on everyone. He drafted me and H2H6 got underway. I was, and still am busy with real-life commitments, but I thought this could be what makes me have fun building again. It started off well, I was extremely motivated and excited, came up with what I think was a great idea for a park, and started work on two parks, and got two solid layouts done for the centerpiece of each parks. Things started falling apart well before round 1 was due. I was set to go round 3, 5, and the finals, which I wasn't happy with as my time was already limited and it seemed K0NG wanted me to lead all 3 of these parks, which I know from the last H2H how big of a job that is as I did it on all 3 parks and got extremely burnt out. I also signed up for RCT2 only and I was added to an RCTLL park.

K0NG started freaking out on me because apparently I was AWOL when I never really was. It was well over a month before my round was even due. I looked back at how the parks I did went on H2H5 and ALL 3 of the parks I worked on were started and finished within 3 weeks of the deadlines. There was no need to panic here, deadlines were far far away and I was making solid progress even though I wasn't posting about it on the team forums. I have a job where I work early mornings now and one night while I was sleeping K0NG just would not stop calling my phone. I ignored the calls. That just put me off the deep end. It just crossed too far into real life for me which is why I quit. After that, it just didn't matter to me, so I decided to just focus on my new job and be done with RCT and NE.

Easier said than done, as I'm sure all of you know. I quit the contest, yes, I'm a quitter, I suck, I'm a motherfucker, I'm whatever derogatory comment K0NG can think of, I was the #1 pick who couldn't do #1 pick work, I'm a horrible person, I'm the reason K0NG lost. He's the victim, remember?

I know everything he can possibly say to use against me and I'm not scared and trying to hide anything, I know I fucked up. I know who I let down. I know exactly where I went wrong. This recently happened in my real life too. I talked behind a friend's back and it bit me in the ass. The real life experience brought what happened over these past few years on NE full circle for me. I snaked one of my best friends who has never done me any harm, yet helped me. I talked a lot of shit behind the admins backs. Shit that K0NG will probably use against me in a heartbeat. So I'm putting it out there now.

I talked big shit and acted like a complete asshole behind the backs of people who I should have their backs, not be stabbing them in the back. I let posix down mostly. He has done me no harm and has only been honest and open with me. I snaked him. I'm sorry. You're a great person first, and admin second. I want that to be known, to everyone. I've been a terrible person and a terrible admin who left the other admins out to dry. I hope you guys can forgive me and know that I have learned a lot and want this site to go forward under a good direction, and strong leadership.

So what is K0NG going to say about me? How I talked to him too many times to count how I hated working with posix and hated everything that was going on? How I hated and thought posix and louis were ruining the site? How I let the entire team down and I'm the reason they lost? How I screwed him out of redemption from H2H5? How I was super excited for H2H6 and led him to believe I was immersed in it and lost interest?

I'm sorry. I'm sorry I quit on my team. I made a mistake joining the contest and let everyone down. There is no excuse for that. I'm not even trying to make one it. I'm just being honest. It's not the first time someone quit that contest, and it won't be the last.

What I've noticed (I'm saying noticed, I'm not stating it as fact, just speculation, you know, for “legal” reasons) through all this drama is that K0NG thinks this entire thing is a game. I think he views this site as a game. He plays this site like it's a game of chess. He thinks he can move people around how he wishes to stir up shit, get his way, be thorns in people's sides. He has tried numerous times to turn the admins against each other. One thing I noticed is, as I blabbed hatred for posix and other admins to different people who I consider friends, everyone except K0NG tried to get everything squared away between posix and I, yet K0NG cheered and egged my hatred on. He wishes for control, and power. He makes very calculated moves and posts that to some might be very subtle, but he inches closer to what he is trying to achieve. He puts people under spells, and I was under it for a while. If I didn't get out of it, who knows what would have happened. It was almost to the tipping point where I had thought long and hard about kicking all the admins out and making K0NG and I admin, no bullshit. If I'm willing to go that far as to say those were my honest thoughts at one point in time, how can I be making any of this up? As ridiculous as that might sound to all of you, he was chomping at the bit. Posix, you might never forgive me for that, and why should you?

His “lawsuit” pm to posix was just a move for him. Just as his post about how “everything is cool, i'm going to overlook everything and build rollercoasters and stay out of it” was a move to sway people a certain way, and look at how beautifully it worked. He knows what posix will do when he sends the PM, now it brings back up a thread that would have been put to rest. Now the pot isn't just stirred, it's cooking, he can now come back with how posix is evil and an asshole, and blah blah. If you believe anything he says, you're a sucker. Like I said before, posix is extremely respectful and honest. If you give him the same, you will get it in return. Period.

I'm sick of it, sick of the games. So you know what? Game over.

K0NG is banned. For good. If you don't like it, you can go kick rocks. Nobody forces anyone to come here, just like nobody forces me to pay for it. It's just extremely tiresome that everyone here can get along with everyone except a select few people seem to always have issues, like Cena, FantastiCo, K0NG etc. So if any of this is a problem, don't come here, don't stir the pot anymore. It's over.

Since K0NG seems to care that the libel is removed, I will remove it to satisfy him. If for some reason I don't get it all, let me know and I'll be glad to remove it.

FantastiCo is also banned for good.

Liampie is promoted to Admin.

NE5 coming soon...
  • trav%s's Photo
    <3

To be honest, not a lot of that surprised me, but it's definitely better out in the open. However:

FantastiCo is also banned for good.

Liampie is promoted to Admin.

I don't get why FantastiCo is banned? Does he play a part in this?

And isn't Liam already Admin...?
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    FantastiCo is banned because he was on post-mod and posted something to get approved. Edited it after approved and posted a huge hate message directed at posix and the website that was extremely crude and deranged. He has no place on this website and detracts from it rather than adds to it. He has been given numerous chances to behave and keeps acting like the school troublemaker.

Liampie was an Assistant Admin previously.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Amen.
  • pashearer23%s's Photo
    I'm trying to understand this the best that I can, but most of it is going right over my head :???:
  • gir%s's Photo
    100% the right call. gee, your comments towards me in the past have always been supportive, and they're one of the few reasons I have motivation to keep fiddling with RCT. Thanks bud, and thanks for pushing this controversy towards closure--I know it took a lot balls to spill all of that.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Hear hear. Agreed on all points. Takes balls to admit your mistakes, and even bigger balls to try to rectify them. You sir, have massive balls.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    My respect for you Gee has risen bucket loads, with everything that's happened over the time I've been an admin it's very touching to read this announcement. I hope you realise now that Posix and I weren't trying to ruin the site, we were trying to keep it running smoothly whilst our own love for the site and game was dwindling, something that you know yourself is a difficult task to do.

With everything thats gone down recently, I hope the community realises how difficult it is to be an admin at this site, sees how much work Gee and Posix have put into it and how much we all care for it. With Gee's words I can certainly say myself that my inspiration and motivation for the site and the game has increased and I now want to fulfil my responsibilty as an admin and be the proactive admin I used to be, before I sunk into my recent 'slump'.

I love you guys. Long live NE.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    So kong aint posting here again?

Fucking. Sick. One.

In all honesty this sites getting dodgy, death threats, phone calls in the middle of the night? wtf people pull yourselves together.

Posix, i think your great don't let anyone else think otherwise. I hate touch feely shit, but you've done a good job in the past years. Louis, Well your just as good, i have nothing to do with you really. Liampie, hopefully you can make this site better and don;t get any surprise visits from Cena!

And Gee, your a top bloke mate, have you have a good one!
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    So this means that... fĂ­nally this site will get a break? Nice.

As commented before, real life and a (great) website concerning a fun game were a bit too much blended into one and the same thing for some of our members. Not so much a problem in itself, but it is if you expect others to blend those two as well, as most of us just aren't on NE for that reason.

It's sad this had to be done, but I understand and respect your decisions geehwzz. Maybe this is a new start for a less serious and more fun NE.

So.... Back to building parks, coasters and stuff? :bandit:
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Great respect Geehwzz, you've got a place in my heart, for being so true.
    Though it made me very sad to read all of this, you definately took the right step.
    Also respect to ALL the admins.

Where would NE be without you guys. ;)

Like said before ,let's continue building parks.
    I'm gonna work my ass of now to show a new release shortly. :p
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I'm glad I only lurk here and d/l a few medal-worthy parks occasionally. Most of this goes over my head as I never became apart of it, but I do hope the site prospers from these actions. It's been almost a decade for myself being a member here and I'd like to continue that time with such a meticulously creative bunch of minds and jovial spirits.

LLNE.
  • Brunooo%s's Photo
    Wow, i thought this was just a RCT Fansite, managed by RCT fans, used by people who like to build rollercoasters. but it's much more than that.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Wow. That was a lot. And I agree on all points. Its actually inspired me to play.
    Cant wait for NE5!
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Great post, Gee. As others have said, I know putting all that out there was a hard decision, but it's the right call. Much respect to you, posix, Liam, and Louis for all the work you guys put into keeping this site running and a fun place to visit.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    I'm glad to see things are looking better around here. Its a shame about K0NG, not that he's banned, but that he was finally over his brown period. Regardless, I am so excited to see NE5 and hopefully another well needed RCT renaissance!
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I applaud your honesty.
    This now seems to be a team again I could imagine working with. If my maps and screens and whatnot are still needed ;)
    And NE5 - <3
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    As I've said backstage, I consider this NE 4.5. Can you feel the positive vibes?
  • Marino%s's Photo
    I want to hug you, geewhzz.

No, seriously. I do.
  • nin%s's Photo
    A celebratory fiesta better come out of this...

On a serious note, I'm glad you came out and said this gee. Like I've said before you're one of the most respected and looked-up-to players here, and just by posting this you've solidified that respect even further. I'm just glad you came back as your abrupt departure was pretty surprising to me.

Along with that, I love the current admin team. Posix, I think you've always done your best to retain a level of fun and order here, and I'm glad that you're still on board. I'm glad to see that Liam has now completely joined the team, and Louis, you know I'll always love you :p.

This was very inspiring, I want to play now.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading