General Chat / The Weather Thread

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Along with the Netherlands. Good lord, it's hot!
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Crazy shit in Colorado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjb7QtMEBUg

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Liam, 85F with 60% humidity isn't hot sorry hon

• Cocoa%s's Photo

fuck that video was hectic, what a good view. I lived in kansas for 10 years and never saw a single one :(

• Lagom%s's Photo

Holy shit... That tornado is a beast. Truly incredible. Hope no one got hurt.

• Jappy%s's Photo

Monsoon rain with just a dash of lightning here.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    Monsoon rain with just a dash of lightning here.

We had the same thing a few days ago. Just about got drenched coming from the car to my back door

• That Guy%s's Photo

I second that Cocoa. I've made it my goal to see one before I leave Kansas in a few years.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

A town here basically got turned into venice yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl_1tqCs8YI

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Attached File  Naamloos.png (245.1KB)
    downloads: 26
  • Faas%s's Photo
    It's great to be Dutch.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Nice work, dikes. 

• Austin55%s's Photo

Hows everyone doing with Mathew?

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I'm fine!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

Can't complain here, either.

• MorganFan%s's Photo

Safe and dry in Colorado

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

https://m.facebook.c...&id=10643211755
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

Currently living in Vero Beach. Thankfully the eye wall didn't hit us directly, but it was still really really nasty. Did a lot of damage to our house and pool cage. Thankfully nobody is hurt and none of our belongings are destroyed. 

After spending a lot of last year in the Caribbean, I'm really worried for the people of the Bahamas and Haiti. We're fortunate with the way our houses our built in Florida, but I can't say the same for many of the citizens there.

Hurricane season isn't over either.

• Sephiroth%s's Photo
    After freezing our butts off this winter, were truly experiencing summer now. Humidity up in the 50%-70% range last week. Missing my recent trip to the southwest US where its dry. Ill take 90-100 F and dry over all of this humidity any day, haha.

All values in image are in degrees F:
    Attached File  5F31E638-209B-4262-82C9-D1E7175661E8.jpeg (279.6KB)
    downloads: 11

Also, a metric translation of the above image for all you fine folks out there:

Minnesota is known for its cold winters, but the state truly experiences all four seasons. In Minneapolis/St. Paul this year the difference between the coldest wind chill and warmest heat index has been 77°C! The temperature range for the Twin Cities so far for 2019 is 51°C with a high of 35°C on July 19th and low of -33°C on January 30th. Also, the largest yearly temperature range for the Twin Cities was 61°C in 1936. January 22, 1936 was -37°C and July 14, 1936 was 42°C.

In 2019:
    Lowest Wind Chill: -48°C at 11PM on January 30th
    Highest Heat Index: 46°C at 5PM on July 15th

• Liampie%s's Photo

That's a crazy range.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading