Contests / New Element Design Challenge - Christmas edition

• Liampie%s's Photo

Logo by 5Dave

Background
    Last year we held the New Element Design Challenge for the first time, and it led to many great designs. Also, Roomie has held his own annual Christmas contest for the past to years, in which he offered some awesome prizes to the winners. We decided to join forces, resulting in the second edition of the New Element Design Contest - Christmas edition. There are prizes to be won this year!

What can I win?
    We have several prizes available. The contest's winner can pick the prize he likes most. After him, the runner-up can pick a prize and so on. In the end everyone is happy. Among the prizes are custom NE t-shirts and copies of LL. The exact prizes will be announced later.

Objectives
    - Maximum 1600 tiles
    - Winter or Christmas related theme
    - Any coaster of any type with three or more inversions as the centerpiece ride
    - RCT2 or LL

Sign-Ups, Workbench and Submission Deadline
    You have one week to sign up for this contest by replying below Sign up whenever! There is no default workbench (see bottom of this post). Submit your map as a competitive design submissions before 01-01-2013 0:00 GMT, and add [NEDC2] at the begin of your submission's name so that we can differentiate from normal submissions.

The timestamp of your submission will be reported by the database which will tell us whether you have met the deadline or not. It is your responsibility to submit on time and to allow for potential throwbacks that may delay your submission.

Winner Selection and Release
    Each submission will be voted on by the panel. The release type will be determined by the design score. As with normal submissions, submissions scoring over 65% will be awarded with a design accolade. The highest scoring design will be the contest's winner.

Screenshots
    You are free to post as many screenshots of your entry as you like. However, be aware that not showing any screens would, in theory, make a bigger impression on the panelists and effectively produce more wow-factor.

That's all from our side. We hope you will sign up in plenty!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Participants
    01 Liampie
    02 Xtreme97
    03 Casimir
    04 turbin3
    05 Corkscrewy
    06 Peeee
    07 wheres_walto
    08 Camcorder22
    09 prodigy
    10 mrbuckeye
    11 In:Cities
    12 XCars
    13 Faas
    14 6crazy6king6
    15 RCT2day
    16 AvanineCommuter
    17 Arjan van l
    18 chorkiel
    19 Maverix
    20 Kumba
    21 FredD
    22 BelgianGuy
    23 Mouse
    24 disneylandian192
    25 Dimi
    26 Shotguns?
    27 robbie92
    28 gir
    29 jaguarkid140
    30 RCTNW
    31 Coupon
    32 ][ntamin22
    33 Austin55
    34 MorganFan
    35 pashearer23
    36 Fizzix
    37 Pacificoaster
    38 111112oo
    39 Wicksteed
    40 SSSammy
    41 pierrot
    42 wulfe
    43 Keane
    44 Milo
    45 A.S.Coaster
    46 molemaster43
    47 muuuh
    48 Loopy
    49 nin
    50 Wanted
    51 Dark_Horse
    52 Steve
    53 Louis!
    54 10ryansmith
    55 Psi
    56 Sulakke
    57 RCTER2
    58 GameWorldLeader
    59 Gwazi
    60 GigaG
    61 T.N.T.
    62 Ride6
    63 WreckEmUp
    64 jon
    65 Brunooo

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unofficial benches
    There is no official bench for this contest, any bench will do. If don't have a bench of your own and you don't feel like making one, you can look in our at the moment not really extensive database, or gather a bench somewhere else. Arjan van L was kind enough to offer his personal bench for downloading; it will be added to the database later. For now you can find it in an attachment right here:

DL REMOVED. Arjan discovered the bench causes an instant error trapper if you change the costume of an entertainer. Those of you who've started their entry on the bench please be careful not to lose work. An updated bench is being worked on.

PM Liampie with a link if you know of another suitable bench.

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Yes! Count me in :D
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Yup. I'm gonna have time for an entry this year ;)
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    In.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Fuck yeah! Lets bang it out. I actually have some time this year. Count me in.

-Josh
  • Peeee%s's Photo
    I`ll join, too!
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Damn, if only I had time. Have fun with this one, guys.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Sign me up for this one
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Due during winter break...sure I'll do it.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Are blacked out tiles and invisible paths from the entrance to the actual map considered "being built on"?
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    I'm in of course...
  • posix%s's Photo

Are blacked out tiles and invisible paths from the entrance to the actual map considered "being built on"?

We're not going to be counting every single tile you use. The above is a rough guideline to help you orient what scale your competition will aim for.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    me too.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Lets do this!
  • XCars%s's Photo
    i'm in
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Okay.
  • 6crazy6king6%s's Photo
    Sign me up.

But I have a question (maybe a bit stupid) but how can I get 40 x 40 park with 8 cars version 1.32?
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    If people are interested ,then i can make a 60 x 60 bench (adjustable with blacktiles) with winter scenery ofcourse and other usefull scenery.
    You're free to make your own bench ,but if that's a problem i can provide one.
    I can make this tomorrow.

I'll await replies.

Edit: I can also add the trainers you need tomorrow.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^^Just make a raised 40 x 40 area on a 50 x 50 map, with the remaining 10 tiles from the edge at the lowest allowed height and covered with the black tile (whatever it's called, you can download one from nearly any park). You cans still use 8cars.

I guess I'll sign-up.

EDIT: I'd be into that, Arjan.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Is there a point to having a deadline for signups?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading