Related Games / Theme Park Studio

• SoCalCoasters%s's Photo
    There are several reasons why I have hope for this.

A: The video was a proof of concept, an initial test. I'm sure they'll improve it further over time.

B: Pantera has gone to the communities to ask for what they want to see in the game. They are actively working with multiple communities on the product, and accepting input.

C: It's something. At this point, I think many people would like some kind of modernized theme park game. Frontier's Coaster Crazy is a rather bizarre distraction, but far from what the communities were interested in.

D: Pantera has said on their Facebook Page that they will continue to expand the game after it's initial release next year. While it may not start out as an RCT killer, if the custom content community and Pantera continue to support the game, it would not surprise me in the slightest if we saw a large community for it form up.

E: The video was made in about ten minutes according to Steve, Pantera's representitive on the project. obviously you can do way more than what was shown. once again, it was a proof of concept.

I'm not going to say that this game is good or bad yet. It's far, far, far too early to start judging it in an alpha or beta form.

What I am saying here is that this game has strong potential, and that excites me.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Okay maybe not terrible. But I definitely don't see this getting on the same level as RCT when it comes to scenery and detailing.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    excited wouldn't be right word to describe it, but curious I am.
    Too me it doesn't look much like a game, but more a 3d editor with a coaster simulation in it.
    As such I don't expect much of the objects. I think you are supposed to make them yourself in the end and lets face it: that's a LOT of flexibility. If I could use it in combination with say Sketch-up you can make some awesome stuff very easily.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    What's with the dancing trees, though?
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Its demonstrating wind effects. A bit extreme but shows the potential. I just hope people are not so closed minded that they are writing this off so early and based on this early development video. NE needs something new to revive both rct and the site or in afraid NE will be gone by 12-24 months
  • Louis!%s's Photo

NE needs something new to revive both rct and the site or in afraid NE will be gone by 12-24 months

1) people have been saying that about RCT and NE for years, yet here we still are.

2) we're currently working on something to revive the site, NE5 will be something special.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    I know we all hate TPR (and Robb), but they have some more info on the game posted over there. Here's the link:

http://www.themepark...php?f=2&t=64403
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Thought I would post an update on the project from their Facebook page.

Here is one more shot of that Troika we are building. The image is a little "fisheye", but we think you get the idea.

Overall, I'm really liking where this is going

Attached Files

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Meh. Lacks the simplicity and nostalgia of LL and 2.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    It bothers me that somehow only NoLimits can take a semi-professional approach to designing roller coasters. I'm sure it's been said before but this coaster editor is almost precisely cut-and-pasted from Hyper Rails, which is a ten-year-old game. It even looks like it's running with early 2000s graphics. I can't fucking wait for NoLimits 2.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    @Austin55: Anything's simpler than RCT3. Also it actually looks like a real Troika ride (except for the weird fisheye perspective)
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    PLEASE SHARE THIS! Post to any Facebook, Twitter, Blog, etc.

On Jan 27th we'll post a new video showcasing the Custom Scenery Module. The video will show we we created this castle! It demonstrates importing custom meshes, creating complex objects through basic shapes, easy transformation through hot keys, switching materials, and copying sub-objects. Here is a sneak peek screenshot! Theme Park Studio will thrive on custom-built, user generated content. We want to encourage players to create new rides and scenery, and be able to share them with other players within the community. So please help us spread the word!

There is a pic too, not sure how to show that, sorry. Here's the link though!

Here it is
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    to go along with what fizzix said.. they released a video of a Troika model in action

this game definetly looks very.. intricate.. if thats the right word.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YRUnNHXUb2w
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I hope they fix the textures because they are shit right now.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Latest video seems interesting

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=e3s7pYpDJ5Y
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Just saw this. Looks interesting.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    This looks like what RCT3 should've been.
  • Ruben%s's Photo

-

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    New video showing a Huss Frisbee being made and tested:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4i_lmd2ZieA
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Sure its cool that you can make custom rides. But i would much rather just being able to place them. Looking at the way it was created im not a fan. Maybe im lazy but if the people that make this game are able to make custom rides like that, Im thinking why not have it as a ride that comes with the game rather than making it that you need to build it yourself... Yes the hardcore among us will build and build. But to someone who isnt like that they are basically cutting them off.

Obviously i dont know if they have a default ride that you can just place but if not then thats a shame. It does look pretty good, The thing about rct is the basic level of play that draws so many players to it. This on the other hand is focussed more on the hardcore player, It isnt a bad thing for the more hardcore players but is for people just picking the game up... No doubt they have default rides you can just place im pretty sure they are not that stupid. Basically isolating the game to a select few. Will i buy it.... No.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading