News / Acolade Panelist Recruitment

• nin%s's Photo
    For whatever reason I felt the urge to try this again...

1.) I. DisneyAir, Xcoaster. 90%. While I do not believe we'll ever see a perfect park, and hence why I never voted 100% during my first run as a panelist, I do think that DisneyAir gets to be quite close. Never before has a park influenced me so much and ultimately changed my views on the game and how I build. I believe the most satisfying parks are those that will influence a viewer for the better after they first see it, and DisneyAir has done that to me. It is believable, it matches the style and quality of the game, is a purely original concept, and overall, it has a great sense of fun. I've spent hours since my first viewing searching through this park for the littlest of details, and this search and overall enjoyment of the park is what has made me come back for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 109th, etc. viewing over the years. Unfortunately, a missing corner and slightly rushed e_ticket (Mission: Space) knocks this down to 90%, but that's still a quite impressive score.

II. Raven, Loopy. 85%. This park is a continuation of the hyper-detailism found in RCTLL as of late, paired with good aesthetics. The focus isn't simply the coaster, but the surroundings which help evolve the design into something much more than just a fancy layout. We don't look at this design as just a showcase for a ride, but an entire area that plays host, complimenting the coaster just as it is complementing its surroundings. The balance here is great, as both coaster and environment are fully developed, with neither outshining the other. While this is debatable, I feel like the best types of designs are those that view themselves as small parks, with every park element in focus, creating a full picture. Yes, designs are meant to have the coaster be the main subject, but Raven proves the point that the higher scoring, all around 'better' designs are those that don't lose sight of any other aspect, and thus it scores the 85%.

III. Islands of Enchantment, artist. 75%, Spotlight? No. While this is an overall good park, I believe it only sets the standard for what I believe a Gold park should be. Fully developed, with an overall concept and theme, but not as executed to it's highest level. IoE is a great park, but it's main drawback is that each area isn't as developed as it could be, which makes the park feel more like one overall land rather than what it's concept suggest: multiple lands/islands. The rides were developed rather well, with no ride truly standing out among the others. Unfortunately, it is because of these "even-leveled" rides that prohibit any to be memorable, other than the duellers perhaps, which may only be that way because of the fact that they do in fact duel. It is because each of these lands being rather similar that makes me think of this map more of a collection of designs tossed together rather than an overall theme, which brings the park down a few notches. Overall, the quality of the construction keeps this score high, which is why I believe it could nail the Gold spot.

2.) Currently, I can only run RCTLL on occasion (due to my school computer not running the thing), but at times I'll be able to run all games, and during breaks and whatnot I certainly can.

3.)I'm more than capable of judging RCTLL submissions.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I'm positively anticipating the new panelists =D
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Good luck all :D, I'm way too lazy to think.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    1. Halcon Azul by Arjan
    I was actually very impressed with this entry. Arjan has shown immense improvement which is evident by his rapid releases. We always tell folks you improve by building, and this guy is a prime example. I enjoyed the pacing of the coaster as well as the interaction with the surrounding archy and paths. The design included a healthy amount of small supporting rides which do not explicitly stand out, but add to the overall theme. This is not an outstanding design, or even a memorable one, but certainly one that shows thoughtful planning and budding skill. 65%

2. Ashcombe Country Park by Louis!
    This was a delightful entry that I enjoyed immensely. It was essential for me that I view this entry not as a typical park, but as a design tool immersing me into the bigger picture that the map portrayed. Zoomed out, the map is so impressive with everything looking so organic and realistic. Closer up, the small details really give light to the creativity that went into the map. The rides were all small and boring, exactly what would be in the sort of family owned place such as this. These types of entries are always difficult because they are so different from the typical theme park entry. I think Silver was spot on for this park seeing as it is so masterfully created and wonderfully thought out. Doesn't reach Gold for me because I do feel that at that level a map needs more content and rides. 60%

3. Thunderclap by Disneylhand
    This map was f*#king loaded with tracktecture. As skillful as it is, damn it was a little overused. However, a design is first and foremost the main coaster, and this one does not fail to deliver. The pacing was balls to the wall right to the final brake run as shown by the coaster's in-game stats. This isn't always a realistic portrayal of a ride's success or failure, but it is something I do look at. I believe a perfectly built coaster is one that has realistic pacing, is very pleasing to look at, and ultimately appeases the game with high excitement and reasonable intensity ratings. I can only imagine how this towering mass of wood would look from a peeps perspective. Certainly an imposing site. The small details that surround this map are quite impressive, and dayum that station is sweet. 85%

I've got exclusively RCT2 at the moment, but am trying to get LL back up and running again soon, which I would certainly feel comfortable judging. I've been around plenty long enough to understand and appreciate all of its different styles.
  • ParadiseCoaster%s's Photo
    Ok, I know I almost never post here. I've just been driven away, and i'm not the most experienced at making big design submissions. But hey, I still love the game so I'll throw in my apply anyway:

Magic Realms Resort (by eyeamthu1) - Vote: 80%, Spotlight: Yes.
    When I first opened this park, it just smacked me in the face with all the colours and the simply collossal amount of objects used. The atmosphere was just fantastic and you get sucked in by all the areas instantly. The theming was great and there we're lots of ingenius ideas. Although it felt a bit too crammed and overdone in many places. The arcitecture could have been a bit better in some places aswell. Not enough to reach the really high scores, but still enough for a spotlight.

Piku Playground (by prodigy) - Vote: 55% (bronze).
    This park had some great ingenuity to the rides (for example the looping ride) and really showcases the small fairground-type park really well. Although a small fairground park of this type is not (at least for me) worthy of a bigger accolade (spotlight or gold). It's just too small and too simple for that. There wasn't that many buildings and the landscape wasn't impressive either. Still though there has been some effort put in this and the quality of the rides and the few buildings that exists still makes it a worthy bronze.

Seahawk (by corkscrewy) - Vote: 85% (design).
    The first thing that struck me was all the bright colours. The coaster(s) really blended in with the arcitecture and landscape, but had a few parts that might have been better, made another way. The arcitecture was spot on for the theme and really well put together. The design as a whole felt sturdy and it really took you with it to the place where it was supposed to be. A solid design in my eyes.

A great park/design for me has atmosphere, lots of it. I want to feel that I'm there visiting the park myself and not just sitting in my room, looking at my computerscreen. It should also have great landscape and arcitecture and is especially good if the two are combined in a good way. There should be a good number and variation of coasters (in the parks), where the design has to be more focused on a very good layout and having the coaster as a centerpiece in general (not dwarfing it with enourmous buildings, unless it's an indoor or something similar). Supporting rides and flatrides must also have their own place, not just crammed in behind or underneath a coaster to increase the number of rides. Lastly, the whole creation must feel well put together, not just some radom themes blending into oneanother.
    To make the really great parks (90% and up), there have to be that sense of perfection. That the park will become one of the alltime greats. It must also be obvious that the creator has put his soul into the creation and made it with his heart aswell as his skills.

All of them (once I get LL patched up and ready).

Quite comfortable yes (as said, once I patch it up).

Sorry for the insanely long application. Once I get going there is no stopping...
    Anyway, I hope you have time (or should I say stamina) to read it all and I hope you find the panelists you're looking for.
  • trav%s's Photo

III. Islands of Enchantment, artist. 75%, Spotlight? No.

Lol wat?
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    it's blasphemy.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    In future comments:

too much water

Otherwise: If an opinion is based on comprehensible explanations, it's usually legit. Which it is.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Don't hate, trav. I know you're a die-hard artist fanboy, and I do love IoE, but I'll stand my ground here.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Archangel by titan- 55%

love you trav
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    When will the new panelists be announced?

Also, Islands of Enchantment, 75/100, would not spotlight.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    my application sucked

i'm a reject
    qq
  • nin%s's Photo

Also, Islands of Enchantment, 75/100, would not spotlight.

Yes, but parks always have the option to be considered a spotlight or not. ;)
  • Liampie%s's Photo

When will the new panelists be announced?

Very soon.
    Lookin' forward to it!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    A bit later than planned, the results: we decided to add nin, Austin55, zburns999, Wanted and disneylandian192 to the accolade panel. Welcome to the team guys! As for the other applicants: thanks for taking the time to apply! There were several reasons why we didn't pick you; for example we considered the games you have available, parkmaking/accolade experience and general forum behaviour. In most cases we just thought the member in question has to mature a little more as a forum member, which is only a matter of time. Next time we recruit we will definitely remember the things you wrote here.

Lastly, the applications are still open. We aren't specifically looking for more panelists right now, but if you seem fit to us it's likely that you'll be added to the panel. When writing an application, remember that quality counts over quantity. One sentence can be more valuable than a ten volume book series. :)/>
  • Louis!%s's Photo

for example we considered... ...parking/accolade experience...

...but if you seem fit to us it's likely that you'll be added to the panel.

I have excellent parking experience, it helps with a smaller car that can fit into tighter spaces. I can do 3-point turns pretty good too.

Oh and yes, 'seeming fit' is incredibly important. If you are fit and attractive, it's a yes in my book, if you're not fit and are rather ugly, I'm affraid you'll get nowhere.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    really you guys deserved it, congrats.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I have excellent parking experience, it helps with a smaller car that can fit into tighter spaces. I can do 3-point turns pretty good too.

Typo.

Oh and yes, 'seeming fit' is incredibly important. If you are fit and attractive, it's a yes in my book, if you're not fit and are rather ugly, I'm affraid you'll get nowhere.

NOT an error! :)
    Super excited to bring my presence here to another level!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading