General Chat / NE Social Media

• Levis%s's Photo
    It's a nice podcast guys :).
    And yeah I cracked the code yes ;).
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Cena - "H2H4 style = Nin getting lazy, if you ask me. (no offence Kyle)
    I want to see more game knowledge on NE."

lol wut
  • posix%s's Photo
    Please organise it so that comments are all posted on NE by disabling comments on Youtube and linking to the release topic here instead. I don't want a new channel for banned members to participate in the site.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I wanted all our social accounts to be open and not restricted, I understand you concern over banned members participating, but we're trying to stretch out to a wider audience, not those just on here, and so by restricting the comments etc, we aren't achieving what we've set out to do.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    This was really interesting to hear. Definitely interesting hearing everyone's voice (that's nin?! :p ), ahaha. I look forward to hearing more of these. How'd you guys do this? Skype? I might be interested in participating in one at some point!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    We used skype to converse and recording our audio individually with Audacity and trav put it all together. Me trav and nin ended up spending nearly 3 hours chatting together.

We have some hilarious outtakes that will no doubt make up a video too, it was great fun to make.

In the future we also plan to have nin animate the podcasts so that there will be visual as well as audio.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I'd actually like to take part in one of the next ones.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

I don't get it

he called you a faggot.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Austin's post brought tears to my eyes.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Guys I feel really bad though. It was poor taste on my part.

I'm listening to the NEcast now, it's a lot of fun to hear people trying to pronounce other people's names and stuff.
    "Well *BLEEP* off" haha.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Really good start, guys. I'm a huge fan of podcasts and it's nice to see one finally happen within this community. There are a lot of interesting topics to debate and I think this is a great thing.

Here's a bullet list of suggestions:

-An intro section where each person introduces who they are and the hosts introduce the topic. I know we all know eachother but it still gives a chance for us to know whose voice is whose quickly and helps anyone who stumbles on the podcast. You guys had a good outro so just bookend the podcast with some formal introductions. Shoutouts at the end are always something to do as well.

-Your graphic, I don't mind just audio but maybe a list of the hosts and guests as well as the NE logo. And since we have graphic artists a NE Podcast logo wouldn't be a bad idea either.

-The animation idea is a good one but it can add a lot of work just to get a podcast out on a regular basis. My roommate put out a regular podcast and it can become a chore even without an extra thing being a bottleneck to releasing the audio.

-Set up a schedule. In my experience if a bi weekly or once a month or even weekly schedule isn't set up it is a lot harder to keep something going. Having a set day or at least a set weekend would help potential guests set aside time to do a recording.

-A podcast topic on the forum that has its first post updated with a link to each new podcast regularly as well as the schedule. It's also a place to ask for topics, guests and for people to discuss things. Just about every other community podcasters do this on their respective forums.

-I think shooting for more of a half hour or even 45 minute show would be nice, at least occasionally.

-Outtakes are a hilarious idea.

-Censoring F-bombs is kinda meh if you ask me, unless it's being done ironically in which case I guess it's ok.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I agree with most of your points but I think I wouldn't like it if the podcasts became (much) longer than 25 minutes. I wouldn't have the concentration for that.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Another thing I think would be cool, talk about recently released parks. Talk about the NEDC, you're favorite things, parks you liked, etc. If this gets on a schedule like Milo suggested talk about some of the parks that were released leading up to it.
    Anything to motivate people to finish.

Also-It's a lot of fun to build and listen to this.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Well 45 minutes or so is what I'm used to so anything shorter feels a little cut off to me, plus I'd like to hear more than one topic discussed, or at least decent in-depth input from everyone and it's hard to make that sound good in under 30 minutes, depending on the topic. And if there's ever a contest going on that would eat up time as well.

I understand longer podcasts aren't for everyone (although I'm suggesting an average length, tbh) but you don't have to listen to it all in one go either. I suppose another suggestion is an mp3 download so people can put it on their phones and stuff.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    I want to be in the next podcast. I have a pretty decent Batman voice imitation.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I want to be in the next podcast. I have a pretty decent Batman voice imitation.

My rook ass wants to be in one as well. Kick Lew out.
  • nin%s's Photo

Definitely interesting hearing everyone's voice (that's nin?! :p/> ), ahaha.

Is that a bad thing? :p

I highly enjoyed this podcast, and glad everyone seems to like it. I will admit that I probably should have spoke up more, voiced my views, etc, but this is only the first recording. If I end up sticking around you gents will continue to hear me.

Outtakes are a must. There's some funny shit that didn't make it in.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    i haven't had a chance to listen yet but i love the idea.. and that yes we shouldn't have restrictions to anyone who wants to listen and or comment. isn't that the whole point of this social thing... get NE out to people who maybe play the game and haven't heard of us?? I love this place and all of you in it. I check this site multiple times everyday. I want nothing more than to see NE around for at least 10 more years.

-Josh
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    cool podcast, listened to the whole thing.
    definitely interesting to hear your voices.

so who else is up for a skype session now?
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Really enjoyed it. Let's keep this going.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading