News / Brace Yourself...

• Kumba%s's Photo
    But for a new version of NE you'd need the first NE Spotlight in almost two years... I always thought those odds were, well...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_FGhe6Ygzww
  • nin%s's Photo
    plz post prel#ims kthxbai.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Ermahgerd a circle wrapped around a 4. Half Life 3 confirmed
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

I'm so excited for H2H4!

Logos will still go unfinished...
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Yay, another NE competition I won't have time for!
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    yay pt4!
  • nin%s's Photo

The story of robbie92 is that of a RCT tragedy.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    A better tragedy than any Shakespeare.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    :'(
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Just one RCT tragedy after another...
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I've got a feeling, it's a fever, it's a fire

Ride6
  • Louis!%s's Photo

How do you know this when dates haven't been released?

I mean, previous contests have gone on for years :p
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    He is going to France for a semester abroad. Also, if this goes for years it will be the death of this community. PT3 tried plenty hard to kill it....

FK
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Actually, he's going to Rome :p

And do you really think we would want to run a contest for years? I thought it was pretty clear it was a joke
  • Milo%s's Photo
    FK is still being spazzy about the whole PT thing.... bad memories I suppose
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    you know i'm in
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    I'll probably lose in the qualification round, good excuse to finish something though. I wasn't around for the first PT so I'm not sure what to expect
    Ugh, ur right, Rome. I keep thinking France cause AVC is or was in France.

and lew, I don't know what u want to do with this contest. Until u release some details I'm skeptical.

FK
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    It's not what I want to do with this contest, it's doing what I believe the community asked for/wants. Obviously you can't please everyone.

I understand the skepticism. But when you look back at the contests held by NE4's management (not including PT3 as it was held at a time when the site was going through major changes), H2H5, H2H6, NEDCs, they've all been successful, so why shouldn't this be?

PT3's failure had nothing to do with the format of the contest, it was to do with how it was run and mainly the ridiculous time scale it ran for. But, this isn't going to go on forever, I don't see how anyone can think that.

If it fails this time around, then fair enough, i'll hold my hands up and take full blame for launching a failure on NE. But there is no harm in trying, if we don't try, we'll never know.

Anyway FK, respond to my damn PM, I feel like you're ignoring me :p/>
    I'm not ignoring them, I'm just at work and don't want to type a bunch.

I'm skeptical cause when PT3 started people were already taking forever to make full sized solos. At this point, we rarely see truly large parks. To embark on a contest with full sized solos notorious for burning people out just seems like setting things up for failure.

Also, no one has told me if I'm going to have to qualify, and after PT3 I better get some recognition, lord knows Nemica didn't (see Milo, there is the bitterness).

FK

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading