Custom Scenery Exchange / New 2x1 Curved Paths

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Hello guys, I don't think these have been made yet. After seeing BelgianGuy post a topic about it on Parkmakers, I made a few sets of 2x1 curved paths based on the geewhzz curved road lines. They are inside and outside versions and there are currently 5 textures - Tarmac, Crazy Path, Colourable, Brick and Off-White. Below is a download and any suggestions for new textures are welcome :)
    Apologies to anyone who was already making these.

Also, I must mention that I forgot to Copy All Languages for the 'Brick Outside Right' and 'Crazy Path Inside Right'. I've updated these ones so they work properly and will put a new download link in the first post.

New Download:
    Attached File  Curved Paths 2.zip (122.56KB)
    downloads: 60

Attached File  Curved Paths 1.JPG (90.31KB)
    downloads: 138

Attached File  Curved Paths 2.JPG (115.09KB)
    downloads: 125

-20/07/13: Update

New objects have been made and more info can be found below. Thankyou for the suggestions :)

Download:
    Attached File  Curved Paths New 1.zip (63.5KB)
    downloads: 42
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Are they an actual path or just objects?
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    These are wonderful. Absolutely perfect for some things I'm trying to do.

Thank you!
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    gtfo these are amazing!
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    they really are now all we need are some curved fences.
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    road line fences?
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    tru
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    It is possible to adjust clearances so it doesn't glitch like this?

Posted Image
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Dude, you made them! Was planning a long time to make them, I even said it a few times in chat on some streams. Glad you picked up on the idea to use gee's lines to make the curves.
    I didn't really have the time to make them with all work and time I need to put in my PT entry so thanks a bunch!

CP6 is right, everything build on top of them will glitch, but I don't think there's another way when you want to have paths under the curves. It is possible if you make them have 2 clearances like the other mt paths we use, but then you have to zero clearance everytime you want to have paths underneath the curved paths, and we all know how much of a pain it is to zero clearance full tile objects on each other as they will glitch when you hover over them. You can use MoM, but then you need to know which height ranges to use. If you want to have land beside the curved paths it would be impossible too.
    So yeah, I think this way is the best.

Also, you forgot to name 'curved brick outside right' and the 'curved path tarmac inside right' should be 'curved path crazy inside right'.

Anyway, very nice job, they are certainly already usable, and I predict they will become a must-use in the community.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Anything that helps CP6 is good.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Organic flow will now be possible for paths
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yeah, this will change the look of the game, once again. It's why I wanted them so badly.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

It is possible to adjust clearances so it doesn't glitch like this?

Posted Image

Unfortunately, not with these objects. I made them as above ground objects unlike path blocks because because making them to be placed below ground would require having to make them with different land textures as well - Grass, Dirt, Red Clay and Sand which quadruples the total number of objects needed. If you need a specific land texture for them please let me know and I can make some.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Haha, like the signature SF :p
    Also, I must mention that I forgot to Copy All Languages for the 'Brick Outside Right' and 'Crazy Path Inside Right'. I've updated these ones so they work properly and will put a new download link in the first post.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Hehe, yeah, the word should be spread :)

Thanks for editing them, I'll delete the old ones, and parkdat the new ones into my PT entry ;)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Why can't you make a bunch of 1x1 MT objects? No glitches then and even with a lot of objects MT slots in parks rarely fill up.

This is pretty similar to what I will do with roads on DR3.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Do you mean split the objects in two? That could work but it'd double the overall amount which is why I chose to do it this way. Also, I'm making some versions with specific land types to have beneath which would remove the glitch altogether. Tarmac and grass will be made first and I'd gladly take requests for land types and paths.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I'm not sure if that will work. I tried zero clearancing 2 2x1 inner and outer curved paths on each other and with zero clearancing it makes one object white alltogether. It works with MoM, but like I said before you'll need to know what height the object you want to lower is on.

And my MT slots are just as full as the small ones. I'd rather just have 4 of each type like it is now than 100 objects which essentially does the same thing.
    Yeah, it sucks peeps will glitch when they walk over it, but then I'll just try to avoid making paths over them and direct them on the non-glitch tiles..
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    .... :'(/>

I was also working on something like that, but it's okay though, because i'm making blocks that are 2 by 2. :)
    But i'm having that same glitch problem with it.

Here's a screen of it.

Attached File  SCR1.png (9.35KB)
    downloads: 47
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    There's a lot of glitches involved with the above ground ones but land-tile versions wouldn't glitch as much.
    Sorry about that Arjan. It looks like anything more than a full tile large gets difficult to place objects over. The only solution I can think of is to make it 1 or 2 clearance higher than it actually is and use Map Object Manipulation to lower objects down.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading