News / Welcome to New Element v5.0

• Louis!%s's Photo

:birthday:

• robbie92%s's Photo

Dark blue is a good look... ;)

• pierrot%s's Photo

whoa, I'm freakin amazed by 'Similar Parks' content.

• Wicksteed%s's Photo

^we all know those smily codes by now won't we? :p

guess i'll have to learn them :)

• Steve%s's Photo

To everyone who made this new site possible: I am speechless. Outstanding work. This is exactly what NE needed. I can't wait to see this flourish even more. Really, really great job Curt (and everyone else!).

And I'm a parkmaker again? Guess I'm going to have to try and live up to my title now ;)

And Rob, fuck you.

• Louis!%s's Photo

YAY STEVE <3

• Whitehawk%s's Photo

The #NEvolution is here.

Also, wow. This is magnificent. Excellent work, Gee. (And everyone else)

• 5dave%s's Photo

Nearly missed Uni because of this. lol!

Nice site, I think I really need some time to get used to all of this though.

I got some notification with a color pallete symbol (I guess it's a logo job?) But it has no link whatsoever. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Great job again, Geewhzz! Really motivates to build again which is the most important thing this site needed. Now someone needs to invent a time altering device for playing RCT when you don't have time for it. K? Thanks! ;)

"MFG"

• Louis!%s's Photo

I got some notification with a color pallete symbol (I guess it's a logo job?) But it has no link whatsoever. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

We had a bit of an issue earlier with notifications. But if you go into the My Jobs section, you'll find that there are two logo jobs waiting, which is what the pallette was trying to tell you earlier :p

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

I was really quiet at first...

Personally, i liked the appearance of NE4 more than this atm.

Don't feel offended though, it's probably just something i need to get used to.

I do like a lot of the new features, it's more versatile now.

Great job Geewhzz.

• nin%s's Photo

Wow, finally made it here. I'm so so so so glad that you were finally able to put this up, gee. I  know that you've spent so much time and thought on this. For what little input I gave you, I feel so honored to have [very minimally] been a part of this ahaha.

I'll admit that the new forum navigation is a bit funky, but it'll just come easier with time. To all who wrote this off as a bad design, they clearly have attention-span issues and don't seem to give new things a chance. Bullocks, I've never liked the guy anyways ;).

I really can't wait to see where this takes us, and I feel ike I have so much more incentive to play the game and be a part of this community. It truly is special and I'm glad to see it come this far.

Also, I like the red. Always have.

• Version1%s's Photo

I'm eager to see how the new pre-vote will turn out, 25 votes seem a bit high

• Liampie%s's Photo

I've been navigating the site since a few days now (and some shorter sessions in earlier states of development), and I can say that I quickly got used to this site and that I love the new features. The tags are a dream coming true. So much respect, gee!

Is there a specific place where we can report bugs, by the way?

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Best place to report bugs are to reply here or pm me.

I've already worked out some bugs with the voting of Starpointe, and I think there are a few notifications bugs I need to work through.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

Fantastic website! I've been a member since near the end of NE4, and this design is so much better. I only have one question: Where's the "Ask the Experts" forum? Did it vanish? It was very useful,but now I can't find it.

• Faas%s's Photo

I'm not sure what to think about it, but that's maybe just because I don't handle change well. I have to say respect for the amount of dedication that went into this.

I don't think the rating of screens is something newer members will like. It's not really motivating when you post your first screen that is not up to standards and you see that people have voted 40% without saying what is wrong. I think giving screens a low score and not giving any criticism is pretty harsh.

• Fisch%s's Photo

The longer I look at this the better it is. NE5 is modern, fresh, easy, and quick to navigate which will all help attract new people. Also this way I'm certain screens will get more comments again! :) May the activity rise!

Great job!

• csw%s's Photo

I love the new format, kudos to all that worked on it, especially gee. Much love. 

Now to check out starpointe! ahh yeah. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I've got a bug to report, if this is where we're doing it

I can't seem to post any screens, I just get a generic error message that tells me to go back and try again. If I do that, and try again, the error screen is filled with weird ys and other curious symbols

edit: i also reckon you should be a legendary parkmaker if you get 3+ spotlights. thats got to be something, right? :)

pps right now I'm pretty much the only one who's rated all the spotlights so my favorite parks are the top rated now :p

ppps we should have a chat feautre so I can stop posting dozens of times here

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Btw, I think quite a lot of Parkmakers currently listed as active should be placed into the 'former parkmaker' category, like fr3ak, eyeamthu1, rctnw, xophe.. It's hard to figure out who's still actively playing the game and who isn't, but maybe once in a year check who's still interested into playing the game, and if they don't respond just put them under former. No biggy tho, but something I noticed :p