Micro Madness 2014 / Micro Madness 2014 General Information & Discussion

• 5dave%s's Photo

I wonder how many dropouts we have this round...?

"MFG"

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I wouldn't call it unfair - each participant has the same chances of advancing into the next round. However I can see how it is weird to cut so many players in the second round. I'd even consider to change it back to 24-->12-->4 or something. Luckily we received 18 entries and not 24, which makes this a whole lot easier! Going from 18 to 8 sounds a lot more reasonable to me than going from 18 to 12. This micro madness edition is supposed to be more competitive than other contests. It shouldn't be too easy.

I'm glad we went with an 'invisible' bracket. Our intention with this invisible bracket was simply to add more suspense, but being able to evenly redistribute the participants over the matches was really useful. If we didn't do that there would be matches of 1, 2, 3 and 4. In fact in this very round I am the only one who submitted in my match. I would win by default, whereas you are in an extremely tough group of 4. Now THAT would be unfair, wouldn't it? :)

I wonder how many dropouts we have this round...?

Six. Not bad. :)
  • Lotte%s's Photo

Stop whining Kumba. At least this micro contest has more than two contestants, unlike the micro shit you organised at your succesfull RCT site.

I'm glad the amount of contestants goes down so quick, because that way the contest doesn't last an entire year. Especially with a lot of dropouts it's not realistic to let a lot of people go through, because you will get less entries anyway. 

he was the guy that came up with this contest back in the day, so honestly i don't think that's a legit comment. aside from that, what kumba suggested would be the same length, and wouldn't last any day longer. this will just make dropouts more important in the next round, though that is exiting in a way.

edit: typed this before i saw liam's comment, 18 to 8 does make more sense than 18 to 12

• Kumba%s's Photo

Well, 6 dropouts throws my argument out the window, which was a beef with us having 24 solid entries and knocking out 16 of those parkmakers. 18 to 8 is reasonable.

At least Faas got a chance to do his thing by dissing me and brown nosing the staff :lol:

• Faas%s's Photo

Well I wanted to brown nose you Kumba but your own head was already up your ass. 

• Kumba%s's Photo

So your brilliant comeback is predicated on your initially wanting to put your nose up my ass?

Sorry, I am not into that type of thing...

• Faas%s's Photo

You should try it man, might make your online dating adventures more succesful. 

• inthemanual%s's Photo

being able to evenly redistribute the participants over the matches was really useful. If we didn't do that there would be matches of 1, 2, 3 and 4. In fact in this very round I am the only one who submitted in my match. I would win by default, whereas you are in an extremely tough group of 4. Now THAT would be unfair, wouldn't it? :)
      :)

I thought Louis said you weren't changing the brackets anymore, now that we're a round in. 

Well I wanted to brown nose you Kumba but you already used all the brown

• Louis!%s's Photo

I thought Louis said you weren't changing the brackets anymore, now that we're a round in. 

It kind of just made sense to move people around due to forfeits, one of which is sadly myself.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I swear if you put me with kumba or ITM...

• csw%s's Photo

Well I wanted to brown nose you Kumba but you already used all the brown

Comment of the year

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Comment of the year

:lol: Holy shit.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Please be patient with this round. Due to my unfortunate absence the past couple of weeks and the coming couple of weeks Liam is doing the prep work for this round all on his own.

So yeah, please be respectful and lovely like you always are and give Liam all the love he deserves :)
  • 5dave%s's Photo

If you need help with map making (if that's no problem to anyone), let me know!

"MFG"

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

yeah, take that help! yeah, let people help so things move faster! yeah, let that become a regular thing! yeah!

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    god you're so liame
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo

Dang, Liam, you kick ass.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    The map making is all done, in this case, that isn't taking a long time.

It's the topic prep that takes a while, and no one has the right permissions to be able to help.

We would otherwise take help in abundance like we normally do :)
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I have less PC time than usual because of hot weather over here. I'll make sure the first matches go out tonight!

There's still a few maps to be made. One of them is a bitch. 5dave, do you mind? :p

• 5dave%s's Photo

^Bring it on! B-)

"MFG"

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading