Related Games / Theme Parkitect, new RCT-based game

• Louis!%s's Photo

I thought people did, just can't see much screen activity anywhere. It's died down here (which was expected, although a shame cause I really want to get into it), but the reddit is pretty inactive and so is parkitect nexus. It just doesn't seem to have much of a forum following.

• Meretrix%s's Photo

As amazing as PC seems to be, I've got to say this game excites me more... Probably because it looks more like RCT... Let's hope it gets more attention once the initial PC hype calms down!

The PC hype won't calm down.......though the game is flawed in its' park management, it is the DREAM platform for those that love a Sandbox creation tool......PT is utter silliness in comparison.

• 5dave%s's Photo

^Maximalgedanke concurs.

"MFG"

• Richie%s's Photo

I have to agree, i've been playing since march and i cant get enough of it, i have to stop myself loading it up or i just get lost in time. I did buy TP but the style of the game just doesnt work for what i want, the textures make it feel like a cartoon. I prefer rct2. Planet coaster litterally is RCT2, with zero clearances built in. It has such a charm to it, the fact it looks so amazing is just a bonus, until you load into the game and play it for yourself you may not be able to understand this. Really anyone thats not sure whether to buy it or no just stop thinking about it. Unless your computer cannot run it properly you will not be dissapointed

• trav%s's Photo

I agree with Ritchie about the textures and stuff. That screen that Dave posted looks like a less textured version of any sort of Nordic Rct2 park. The problem with Rct2 is that's is too easy to go into a grid and blocky looking, so a game that does that even more is never gonna compete with something like Planet Coaster. 

• Roomie%s's Photo

I dont think it has to "Compete". as such. They are completely different games.I find it much easier to pick up Parkitect for 20mins than Planet Coaster. And Parkitect is a lot more modable at the minute. PC is ahead on ride count and types at the moment but Parkitect will pass that easily thanks to community input and the tools available to do that.

The texture style is a matter of preference. I actually prefer it to RCT2 and RCT1 especially the coasters which are immeasurably better. 

And last but not least. PC is a resource hog. I can plat it at home but i cant play it while travelling. Very few laptops give PC what it needs where as TP runs on anything. This is a massive massive factor for me as I spend maybe 30% of my life in reach of my home PC. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah I wouldn't have said they compete at all, they are totally different games and give different styles of play/aesthetic.

I just can't see any forum activity anywhere and it's annoying cause if I go into it, I want to share and talk about it etc.

• G Force%s's Photo

Anyone built/played this game recently?  I'm kind of feeling the urge to purchase it finally, would be a nice visual break from RCT.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Not recently, I don't think I've even played 30mins. I couldn't get into it properly. Seems like the Parkitect 'trend' has faded somewhat.

• RRP%s's Photo

http://steamcommunit.../?id=1325363179

Jb4yrb3.jpg

R5rTgOe.jpg

ffbyvwz.jpg

szAN4TJ.jpg

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Micros will never not be a fun concept, apparently

• RRP%s's Photo

https://youtu.be/W2GUi3ilNW0

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

Cool stuff! 

Btw, I've always wondered: Is your screenname an acronym for Recommended Retail Price?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

https://web.archive....ers&a=view&p=20

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

[ntamin22' timestamp='1522198846' post='737535']

https://web.archive....ers&a=view&p=20

How wrong I was, haha!  
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

THe thing that's always caught me out is that RobertoRoboParks and RctRealParks are not the same person

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Those pages are so nostalgic
  • RRP%s's Photo

oDNTuWs.jpg

KmBoLw6.jpg

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    2dark2furious
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

rrp feels like when you're having a conversation in voice chat on discord and you spend ages explaining something and then you say "look at this pic to illustrate my eloquently made point" but then when someone comes the next morning its just a bunch of screens with absolutely no explanation

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading