Contests / unofficial contest ideas/suggestions thread

• Lotte%s's Photo
    Liam suggested that if we wanted to discuss ideas or suggestions for a new contest that we post a new one, so i went ahead and made one. i also made a small poll with basic questions to get a quick overview of what people think, maybe a bit too basic :p. anyways if you have any suggestions or ideas for the admins, feel free to post them here!
  • Lotte%s's Photo

i have a small idea of my own. i'm not sure wether everybody is familiar with a program called teamspeak, but we could use it to host a part of the communication between teams. basicly with teamspeak you have a server on which people can talk through the mic's on their computer. there is a small downside to this though, as free servers have a maximum of 25 people at a time, but that should be no issue

• Faas%s's Photo

Teamspeak?! I just want to build on my own in my own time man. I don't want to be that guy that talks to his computer. 

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

A new Park Wars? Perhaps make the map smaller than previous edition to allow people to actually finish a park and shorten the "years" span.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    I've removed the poll, discussion is fine, but I felt the poll was unnecessary.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

ah okay. i'd be up for H2H though, it's probably the contest i'm most familiar with (even though never enterring :p) and i really like the format. although i really hope players will be given enough time to work on parks.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I'm back more or less so lets go h2h woo

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    H2H hype
  • Hepta%s's Photo

Would love to participate in a H2H. As for anything unofficial, any team based contest is preferable to me. Just helps so much to have other folks to brainstorm ideas with, etc.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

H2H would be my vote

• nin%s's Photo
    #Replacements2k15
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

i want that competition where you build a bit on somebody else's park. I've been thinking about that for so long, all the parks I'd love to take a crack at.

• Mattk48%s's Photo

I remember suggesting long ago, "lets take a design that's one an accolade, and turn it into a full park" contest. It would tricky to find one that works because designs aren't usually built with a future parks in mind. Just a cool concept in my opinion 

• Ling%s's Photo

Also you're stuck with a section that's completely in someone else's style.

• nin%s's Photo

Another NEDC could be cool. I enjoyed it where everyone had the same layout. Could do something similar with either the same layout, same theme, etc etc. Could be cool just to see the different interpretations of a theme, ie a "castle" theme. They would all be so different. Many the same, surely, with grey brick and turrets and whatever, but some would just be so out there yet still fall under that theme.

Probably just wishful thinking, but it could be cool, even if it were just to be a small contest/challenge.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I'm bored. my dream h2h team would be, purely based on how well I think they'd work with me:

liampie

turtle

fisch

me

stoksy

faas

seb

ugh how many are we allowed? of course there's more people that I like but I wanted to think of a more realistic/likely team.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

teams are traditionally of 10 people.

Edit: and why am i not on that list?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

my dream team is six clones of pierrot, FK, Mantis, Ozone, and Milo.

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    nin
    me
    avaninecommuter
    pierrot
    inthemanual
    fizzix
    rene
    ][ntamin22
    that guy

and ofc rob-sama
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

inthemanual I wanted you but thought it would be unrealistic, you'd be gone way before then. my team is pretty much blam! atmosphere color architecture

I think our name should be "blam!"

^you pretty much doomed pierrot and intamin22 to doing everything together, which is a great combo, but its nice to mix it up with LL

I have a question. When team captains are figuring out their shit before draft, do they communicate with each other? Like nin would say to liam, I'll take 5dave first round and you can have turtle etc.?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading