Theme Park Discussion / American Trip 2015

• Roomie%s's Photo

Hey guys.

I'm planning on doing another trip to America this year. And maybe hitting some parks as well. Just wondering if we have any members who'd be up for a theme park trip.

I can't confirm anything yet but rough ideas are something like this

23rd of March - California's Great America or SFDK

24th of March - California's Great America or SFDK (either way round. The 23rd is also my 30th birthday)

9th Of April - Carowinds

12th April - 18th April - SFGAdv/Hershey Park/Luna Park/SFNE (all 3 preferably but SFNE would have to be last

It would be nice to meet any NE members in the areas. 

I'm not a nutter honest :) I've met many NE members who hopefully can agree including Geewhzz, Corkscrewed, Robbie92, CP6, Adix, Kumba, Louis, Airtime, Incities & Coaster Ed.

I also plan on visiting Houston and New Orleans but parks are a bit thin on the ground there and I will be visiting with a GP friend. 

Cheers

• Xeccah%s's Photo

oh shit man you're going to nola?

• nin%s's Photo

April? Carowinds? I'd be down. I'm 4 hours away but was planning to take the trip sometime this year.

• Maverix%s's Photo

There's a chance I could get to Carowinds in April.  I have Thursdays off this semester so it would just be a matter of getting to skip swim practice but that'll be after NCAA's so it shouldn't be to much of an issue I wouldn't imagine.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

That sounds like a great trip but if Iron Cyclone is part of your motivation for going to SFNE there's no way in hell it's going to be open or even testing by April 18th. I just thought I'd prepare you for that now. lol

• Faas%s's Photo

I might be at Cedar Point in April, but nowhere near California. 

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Cedar Point doesn't open until May 9th. Hopefully that April thing isn't set in stone. They open very late because of their cold climate.

• Faas%s's Photo

Haha thanks bro, I thought I checked it out, we'll be driving past it anyway so nothing was set in stone. It was just an option, but there is a lot of other stuff to do! 

• robbie92%s's Photo

Can't wait to get you drunk on Bourbon Street, Dave :p

• Austin55%s's Photo

No other stops in Texas? NOLA is a 7 hour drive, and I turn 21 in March. Hmmm...

• Roomie%s's Photo

Can't wait Robbie. 

Coasterbill I know theres no chance of Cyclone but Bizzaro is a big draw if I can make it. The only Intamin hyper style coasters I've ridden are the Chinese Mega Lites.

None of this is set in stone yet as I need some Freelance work before I go but I have a lead on some now.

I'll also be in Vegas again but have to organize my friends stag do there so wont be coastering too much. I will however be jumping off the Stratosphere :)

• Steve%s's Photo

SFNE! I am only an hour away!

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Can't make it, sorry.

No, I mean fuck you guys for visiting all those cool parks all the time.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I'm in Florida in June with Airtime, but I'll make a separate topic about that another time.

But YAY for anyone meeting Roomie!

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Can't make it, sorry.

No, I mean fuck you guys for visiting all those cool parks all the time.

i've never been to a park besides of course wdw

the only one in my state has a boomerang and like a kiddy coaster and that's it

• csw%s's Photo

Anyone care to visit Holiday World or Kings Island this year? I could use some company.

• Adix%s's Photo

I'm not a nutter honest :) I've met many NE members who hopefully can agree

do not listen to this man he murdered me and i am dead posting

• Roomie%s's Photo

Shut up Adix and get back in your box :p

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Well Hershey Park is out of the question. Seems it opens later than I thought.

I have however secured work before hand which will allow me to possibly extend the trip a bit. So I may head to San Diego first.

Depending in timing I could theoretically move new orleans and houston to before San Francisco. Then goto carowinds earlier and head up past Kings dominion and busch gardens. That would be ideal.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Ok. So I've started booking things. I was sad to find that CGA and SFDK are both closed during the week I'm there. Which kind of sucks but I'll get over it.

I've been chatting to CP6 and looks like we might road trip it up from South Carolina to Washington hitting 4 parks in 4 days.

Friday 3rd Of April - Carowinds

Saturday 4th - Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Sunday 5th - Kings Dominion

Monday 6th - Six Glags America

I'd probably then do the following

Thursday 9th - Six Flags Great Adventure

Friday 10th - Luna Park New York

And maybe on Tuesday 14th try and get to SFNE.

The problem with SFNE is I don't think the peter pan bus service runs until May for some stupid reason. And with no direct Maga Bus or Amtrak service to Springfield I don't think I could do it in a day.

shame :( but will still have some good parks to hit on the way.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading