Theme Park Discussion / Newest highest coaster in the world... for Port Aventura!

• FredD%s's Photo

It was known Port Aventura would open a Ferrariworld next year (or 2017). It was known there would be a Kingda Ka/TTD-like launch coaster. But the stats were never published, so there was doubt if Europe finally got a coaster with American statistics or the little version again (like Stealth).

Appearantly the coaster will be 140 meter high! Just one meter above Kingda Ka, so it will becomes the worlds newest highest coaster. With that in mind, the top speed will have to be above 200 km an hour, so that will be a new European record (beating their own Furius Baco). That speed is kinda unknown for European themepark industry.

I'm thrilled! 

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

You should be, we just rode Kingda Ka yesterday and in the front row there's really nothing like it (well... except Top Thrill Dragster. That's almost exactly like it, lol).

Hopefully it won't be plagued with the unimaginable level of downtime that Dragster and Kingda Ka were when they opened though.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Yea pretty insane, I think y'all will love it, TTD is immense. 

And to everyone who thinks the polarcoaster will overtake it, this will still have the tallest drop which is what really matters.

• Version1%s's Photo

Would that mean, that the three fastest coasters in europe will be located in Port Aventura? That's incredible. It fits, that the park gets a "american" style coaster, as the whole park lineup sounds american, comparing it to the european style of a small number of, in the best case, unique rides.

• FredD%s's Photo

They are beating their own records. Shambhala's the highest and Furius Baco the fastest coaster of Europe. It's unbelievable a European park builds a coaster with American statistics (finally)! I'm really tired of that family crap European parks push trough our throats: "Families don't want big coasters, they want quiet and peaceful rides".  

• Version1%s's Photo

I just read that the 140m are only a roumor and it could end up being 100m high

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    Actually the Polercoaster at Skyscraper AT Skyplex Orlando will be the tallest coaster ever. But if you're talking about launched coasters, please ignore this

EDIT: Just saw Austin's post, ignore this even more :p
  • FredD%s's Photo

I just read that the 140m are only a roumor and it could end up being 100m high

A rumour from a trust able source, park would communicate around the 7th of may I read somewhere. Where there's smoke, there's fire... Even 100 meter would be insane for European standards.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I spent 3 days at cedar point and never got on TTD. unreliable as shit, even in a park where rides are closed half the time for rain. it maybe spent 20 percent of the day actually running, and the lines would take 15% of your day so that's a small margin of rideability :p

• G Force%s's Photo

I spent 3 days at cedar point and never got on TTD. unreliable as shit, even in a park where rides are closed half the time for rain. it maybe spent 20 percent of the day actually running, and the lines would take 15% of your day so that's a small margin of rideability :p

What time of the year did you go? From, my experience in the past few years its gotten much better, especially in the summers and fall. Obviously that goes out the window when the weather is bad, which is quite a lot from May-July.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

it would have been... sometime in june-july-august. could have just been a surprisingly rainy patch. I think the year was not long after maverick opened, potentially even that same year

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Dragster is much more reliable now. It still breaks down multiple times a day but it's open just about every operating day now... the breakdowns are usually relatively short. It's still unreliable as hell but it's better than it was.

Kingda Ka's reliability is much better now that it doesn't have the opportunity to break down because they can never launch any trains thanks to Zumanjaro being attached to the tower.

• Version1%s's Photo

Typical american attractions: Bigger, bigger, bigger, nothing else matters.

• FredD%s's Photo

We got official confirmation! It won't be the highest coaster in the world, but with a height of 112 meter Europe's got his newest highest and fastest coaster. Top speed would be 180 KM/H (in 5 seconds). That will give Port Aventura this skyline...

14jcoeh.png

• 5dave%s's Photo
    Sad to see Port Aventura destroy its atmosphere once again...
    First Furius Baco cuts through the Mediterranean area, then Shambhala takes all the majesty of Dragon Kahn away and now this monstrosity. At least it's not in PA itself.
    But I guess bigger and faster is better, eh?

"MFG"
  • Version1%s's Photo

Porta Aventura feels like Six Flags light for me. Might change once I've been there though

• FredD%s's Photo

No no I don't share your thoughts at all! Shambhala doesn't ruin Dragon Khan at all. Maybe on pictures but if you stand there it looks fucking impressive. Besides, Port Aventura themes way more than Six Flags! Don't dislike the settlement of Furius Baco either, it fits the zone perfectly. 

• Roomie%s's Photo

Yeah I think Baco and Shambhala actually add to the areas. Especially Baco it looks great in that setting with the dip over the water.

Shambhala looks great in real life too and watching the 2 rides run at the same time is cool. It's like DK now has mountains in the back ground which works pretty well IMO

PA is still one of the best, if not the best parks in europe. It's an odd choice for a second gate park to be sure. but it will certainly draw in more visitors. 

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Typical american attractions: Bigger, bigger, bigger, nothing else matters.

In our defense, that's worked out pretty well as far as coasters go. 

• Ling%s's Photo

I've never been on Kingda Ka, but Top Thrill Dragster just makes me cringe. I can't stand it. Two hours of standing around for ten seconds of going really fast in a straight line. I guess they draw crowds but I just don't "get" this ride archetype.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading